Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: RTR8 Beta v3.0 Bug Report Thread

Default Re: RTR8 Beta v3.0 Bug Report Thread

Put your save game somewhere safe, then try reinstalling, if it still persists let me know. Also I've seen this error with multiple mods, not sure what causes it though.

tried reinstalling multiple times. tried changing the prefs file. tried changing gpu settings.tried running with compatibility.tried different bridges . another thing that i've noticed is around turn 60-80 in my Macedonian campaign the game just crashes on end turn. it doesnt crash on a specific end turn every time but it varies. also around turn 30-50 the campaign map lags to the point of being a slideshow. i'm no software developer but maybe the problem is with texture optimization. i'm playing RTW since 2005 with lots of different mods. this is the fist time i encounter this error and have problems with it repeatedly.

People have had similar issues with other mods, google your error and you'll see. That's how I found out about it but I couldn't find a clear cut solution.

hence me typing the problem here... couldnt find anything concrete.

Saul Tyre's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by demigod22 View Post
    hence me typing the problem here... couldnt find anything concrete.
    Hello there laddie, I'm no techie so this is just a shot in the dark, but I have found a common problem is not having a powerful enough rig to begin with, what is the strength of your processor & the wattage of your psu, mine is 3.5 GHz and 650 watts and I have never had this problem THAT bad, also since I dl'd the free software Large Address Aware (google it) it seems what little lag I had has gone, I know this could just be coincidence as I used it for slight lag on the battle map originally. I Hope this helps in some way so you can play the mod.
    My personality is who I am....my attitude depends on who you are!!!
    RTR: Imperium Surrectum Team Member/adviser/tester
    RTR Project Group member/RTR8_4.0 beta tester.
    RSII_WWC Team Member/tester.XC_5 Beta tester
    My TW youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/SaulTyre

Hi there Saul. my rig is amd fx 8350 clocked at 4.2 ghz, 16gb ddr 2133 mhz kingston hyper x beast, asus r9 390x gpu, ssd kingston hyper x savage 480 gb, psu cooler master vanguard 750w 80 plus gold. alex exe is modified with CFF explorer to use LAA. AA is off in prefs file. whats confusing to me is that i use the same version of RTW Gold (cd ver) for years and been playing RS2/3 and EB with no problems especially not this particular problem which it occurred only when i started using the RTR mod.

Hello Demigod, that's certainly a strange one, I've just played a run through as SPQR (hah! lasted just over 4 hours lol) and no problems except for a generic error on the assault of Genua for which I have already found the fix. I played this without the 3.1 patch btw(I thought I had dropped it in but apparently not as it did not overwrite) could it perhaps be the patch?(assuming you have it installed ofc) or did this happen even without it? I will install it properly and try again PS: that's a powerful enough set-up. should have no probs at all.
    Last edited by Saul Tyre; January 02, 2017 at 05:58 AM.

this is what happens when i try to play a custom battle on the Nile bridge map (last one on the list) xD

The image isn't showing for me

Now that is something that can be fixed

\o/ bet your left nut its connected to the bridge fights ctd in the campaign

this is what happens when i try to play a custom battle on the Nile bridge map (last one on the list) xD
    Och aye that's happened to me before too, in the Med when I was besieging Side, my army had come off a ship and the enemy sallied out, my lot ended up in the sea and drowned, I can't remember which mod though

I remember one tester/player reporting the same issue a few months ago, the Nile bridge map. We still haven't gotten around to fixing the map, but I never saw the same issue happening to me in the campaign battles with bridges, and I've played quite a few of them, so if you're not having the same issues outside of the custom battle maps that's great, and we'll see to it that we fix the custom battle maps as soon as possible.
    Rome Total Realism Project Dev Team Member and Head of Public Relations
    RTR VII Beta Tester/Dev Team Member
    "Coasting through the intermission that separates day from day, I find myself feeling oddly at peace with reality. Despite everything, I think life will workout in the end. The world, as as I see it is a remarkable place." - DukeCanada, the interstellar wanderer.
    Proud patron of Aule_the_creator

hello Vrosivs. i'm afraid the campaign map bridge fights ctd's are 100% confirmed. tested it with multiple factions on different locations on another pc/laptop as well. another problem that i also noticed with the macedon faction is the unavoidable (gamebreaking) ctd on end turn. played through 2 campaigns running a third now to confirm. i can provide the exact turn and screenshots with the error if it will help.

Yes that will help. We will also look into bridge battles.

hello Vrosivs. i'm afraid the campaign map bridge fights ctd's are 100% confirmed. tested it with multiple factions on different locations on another pc/laptop as well. another problem that i also noticed with the macedon faction is the unavoidable (gamebreaking) ctd on end turn. played through 2 campaigns running a third now to confirm. i can provide the exact turn and screenshots with the error if it will help.
    Awesome, any help/info is greatly appreciated. The issue must be of a newer date then because I never experienced such problems, but then again I haven't played much since the release of v3.1 due to RL stuff.
    Thanks for the feedback!
    Last edited by Vrosivs Avgvstvs Rakvs; January 04, 2017 at 11:58 AM. Reason: typos
    Rome Total Realism Project Dev Team Member and Head of Public Relations
    RTR VII Beta Tester/Dev Team Member
    "Coasting through the intermission that separates day from day, I find myself feeling oddly at peace with reality. Despite everything, I think life will workout in the end. The world, as as I see it is a remarkable place." - DukeCanada, the interstellar wanderer.
    Proud patron of Aule_the_creator

Okay we will try doing some battles with bridges too and see what happens.

This was supposed to be a custom bridge battle between Rome and Carthage, but attachment no longer available for some reason
    Last edited by Saul Tyre; July 06, 2017 at 03:29 AM.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast