Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: RTR8 Beta v3.0 Feedback Thread

Default Re: RTR8 Beta v3.0 Feedback Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Lealo View Post
    I love it. Escpically the map is so great.

A small ciricism on the map is that here are so many river crossings - maybe you could somehow change the look if them/of it.

Then I wonder if you are supossed to play the superfactions - if that is the case, they need a lot of balancing, and change. Then there is a need of guides and more info on the how the unit stats are working. How has a phalanx unit around 23 in attack, while a hoplite has 14? (In action the phalanx dont seem to have have that kind of attack stats). I also like how battle balance is made right now. Infantry seems to be the most important factor right now. And exhaustion is geat.

Overall i really like it! Good job.
    Greetings, Lealo!
    Firstly, thank you for the kind words!
    Secondly, regarding the map - our mapper, Muizer, is currently making a brand new map for our mod, which can be expected to be implemented in the following months
    Writing up guides on units and other things is something we have been considering for a while now, and we will work on drafting and publishing them along with our next version, v4.0, which we will release this summer.
    Units stats are also in the process of rebalancing for the next version
    Rome Total Realism Project Dev Team Member and Head of Public Relations
    RTR VII Beta Tester/Dev Team Member
    "Coasting through the intermission that separates day from day, I find myself feeling oddly at peace with reality. Despite everything, I think life will workout in the end. The world, as as I see it is a remarkable place." - DukeCanada, the interstellar wanderer.
    Proud patron of Aule_the_creator

Units cost too much and the upkeep cost is also too high in my opinion.From round 2 or 3 I can't train/build anything and I'm pretty much stuck.

Do you intend in adding more buildings ? More diversity would be awesome for economy and infrastructure.(lumber camps , mining camps , statues , more temples/shrines , more options for farming buildings , more options for ports , slave buildings ,etc)

Also , regarding units cards and colors(in the battlefield), I would like for every faction to have a specific color for aesthetical purposes and to be more distinguishable.Do you have something in mind regarding this ?

The mod is great and I really like the map and the number of cities !

Unit costs will be different in 4.0.. albeit realistic, we don't want anyone spamming armies.

Yes, we intend to add more buildings.

Unit colors aren't going to be color coded as realistically they weren't, however we will try to not make every uniform too similar.

Thank you for your feedback, it is most welcome. Please post your campaign, we'd love to see how you are doing!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123