Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Rome Total Realism 8 Beta v3.0 Release Announcement + Download Links!

Default Re: Rome Total Realism 8 Beta v3.0 Release Announcement + Download Links!

Quote Originally Posted by B.Andrew1994 View Post
    Big problem found....I have downloaded the game on the internet , i have rtw gold and alexander .Someone can help me to fix that ?
    http://imgur.com/a/ssjK0
    Hi B.Andrew1994!
    That should be an easy fix, go into your RTW Alexander directory and find that chat_filter.san file, copy it and paste it in RTR/Data and you should be set
    Rome Total Realism Project Dev Team Member and Head of Public Relations
    RTR VII Beta Tester/Dev Team Member
    "Coasting through the intermission that separates day from day, I find myself feeling oddly at peace with reality. Despite everything, I think life will workout in the end. The world, as as I see it is a remarkable place." - DukeCanada, the interstellar wanderer.
    Proud patron of Aule_the_creator

Default Re: Rome Total Realism 8 Beta v3.0 Release Announcement + Download Links!

Many thanx for that ! Problem solved !

Quote Originally Posted by B.Andrew1994 View Post
    Many thanx for that ! Problem solved !
    You're welcome! I'm glad it's solved, have fun!
    "Coasting through the intermission that separates day from day, I find myself feeling oddly at peace with reality. Despite everything, I think life will workout in the end. The world, as as I see it is a remarkable place." - DukeCanada, the interstellar wanderer.

doctorpitulic's Avatar Laetus

Good job team ! MOD is awesome . Keep up !!!

Avanti !

Quote Originally Posted by doctorpitulic View Post
    Good job team ! MOD is awesome . Keep up !!!

Avanti !
    Thanks a lot mate, have fun!

The mod is very nice!!!....But I have a problem the game crash me in the year 242 BC help !!!!But I have a problemBut I have a problemBut I have a problemBut I have a problemThe mod is very nice

Hey. I used to play this mod some years ago it was awesome. But since I played EB2 and Stainless Steel, its hard for me to play any mod that doesnt have the feature Reemergent Factions. Its basically a feature that makes the game immensely more fun because factions can ressurect. Therefore the game has more replayability, and its never ending. I would like to know if it is possible to implement this feature (reemergent factions) that is in both SS and EB2. Please please, do it. Thank you

Saul Tyre's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by kingofportugal View Post
    Hey. I used to play this mod some years ago it was awesome. But since I played EB2 and Stainless Steel, its hard for me to play any mod that doesnt have the feature Reemergent Factions. Its basically a feature that makes the game immensely more fun because factions can ressurect. Therefore the game has more replayability, and its never ending. I would like to know if it is possible to implement this feature (reemergent factions) that is in both SS and EB2. Please please, do it. Thank you
    Our Project leader ahowl11 has assured me that although we have not looked into it yet, we have a few shadowing factions that could re-emerge due to our loyalty feature in our forthcoming 4.0 beta release.
    My personality is who I am....my attitude depends on who you are!!!
    RTR: Imperium Surrectum Team Member/adviser/tester
    RTR Project Group member/RTR8_4.0 beta tester.
    RSII_WWC Team Member/tester.XC_5 Beta tester
    My TW youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/SaulTyre

Hello
    I have rome total war gold. And I have bought Alexander seperately also on steam. When I extract RTR to my "Rome Total War Alexander" folder and click RTR Start I get an error message: "Failed to read censored word dictionary file: data//chat_filter.san". How can I solve this?

Quote Originally Posted by Lealo View Post
    Hello
    I have rome total war gold. And I have bought Alexander seperately also on steam. When I extract RTR to my "Rome Total War Alexander" folder and click RTR Start I get an error message: "Failed to read censored word dictionary file: data//chat_filter.san". How can I solve this?
    Greetings Lealo!
    The solution is very simple:
    Navigate to the Rome Total War Alexander directory, then open the "data" folder. In it you will find the chat_filter.san file. Just copy it into Alexander/RTR/data folder and you're set

Quote Originally Posted by Vrosivs Avgvstvs Rakvs View Post
    Greetings Lealo!
    The solution is very simple:
    Navigate to the Rome Total War Alexander directory, then open the "data" folder. In it you will find the chat_filter.san file. Just copy it into Alexander/RTR/data folder and you're set
    Thanks, its working now!

Quote Originally Posted by Lealo View Post
    Thanks, its working now!
    Great! Have fun!

Daimon's Avatar Miles

I haven't visisted these forums for years, to suddenly find that there is such a thing as RTR 8 is a treat indeed. Now let's see if I can dig up those damnable installation cd's (Who still needs cd's?) of RTW.

Quote Originally Posted by Daimon View Post
    I haven't visisted these forums for years, to suddenly find that there is such a thing as RTR 8 is a treat indeed. Now let's see if I can dig up those damnable installation cd's (Who still needs cd's?) of RTW.
    Welcome back, Daimon!
    RTW is currently on a big sale on Steam, you can get it there, too

Hello everyone/Pozdrav svima!
    Is RTR8 playable on linux? I am curretnly runing on linux mint 18.1 Serena, and I am playing the vanilla version of RTW, BI and Alexander without any issues, however I had tried to play RTR6 on an older distribution years ago, all I can remember is not being able to go past the starting screan.
    It would be a shame if I couldn't, I realy love RTW, especialy RTR mods, I've gotten used to linux, and I don't want to go back to windows just for the sake of one game-mod.

Foederatus

Quote Originally Posted by Vesko View Post
    Hello everyone/Pozdrav svima!
    Is RTR8 playable on linux? I am curretnly runing on linux mint 18.1 Serena, and I am playing the vanilla version of RTW, BI and Alexander without any issues, however I had tried to play RTR6 on an older distribution years ago, all I can remember is not being able to go past the starting screan.
    It would be a shame if I couldn't, I realy love RTW, especialy RTR mods, I've gotten used to linux, and I don't want to go back to windows just for the sake of one game-mod.
    Probably not. I also encountered a problem on the first load screen when I tried to test it a while ago and had to create a Windows partition for its -and another mod called Europa Barbarorum II's, which used to be working fine on Wine- sake, which is more stable than Wine anyways. I'm happy to hear that vanilla RTW and its expansions work fine, do you also use Wine (playonlinux is essentially Wine, too.)?
    The reason not is that the mod is still unfinished and the focus is on finishing it, hopefully they'll be able to look at Linux issues after that. Other tips I can provide are getting the latest version of Wine (Most Linux distributions' stable branches bundle older versions. You can either compile the latest version yourself or get a distribution like Arch Linux or Debian unstable/testing to have the latest version of each software.), editing preferences to play on borderless windowed mode for more stability (This is a general recommendation which I first saw on Europa Barbarorum II's forum.), turning off auto save and not using quick save (So, save manually each time. This is, again, a general recommendation I first saw on Europa Barbarorum II's forum.) for stability again (I'm telling you these because Wine will essentially be more unstable even when the mod becomes Linux-compatible.)
    By the way, the only Linux sub-forum I've seen on Total War Center is the one related to Medieval II but Rome is using the same engine, so I think you can post your general "RTW on Linux" questions there: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forum...nux-Discussion I'm a Linux noob, but there are more knowledgeable Linux users like Socrates1984 that will be interested in your Linux issues. As for me, I'll be getting a new laptop within a few days and I plan to dual-boot Windows (again, only for the sake of Total War mods) and Arch Linux. Then, I can install Wine on Arch to test the mod for Linux users when the project team manages to get to that stage of development.
    I can help you (in a "Medieval II Linux discussion" thread or via PM/email/IRC) create/resize partitions, for example, if you want to do one of the things I've mentioned but don't know how to do it. In any case, good luck

I am a returning player too. I played some RTR years ago and really liked it.
    A few months ago I got Rome TW on Steam in a sale and I have been meaning to get back to it; even thinking I may attempt a Let's Play.
    Thing is, when I played RTR years ago there was just one team and one version. I get the impression that since then a number of different teams have produced different versions of the mod. Am I correct in thinking that?
    I guess I am saying coming back to RTR I find it quite confusing and I am unsure which version I should install.
    I would be grateful for any information that would help me choose or links that might be informative
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Athis View Post
    I am a returning player too. I played some RTR years ago and really liked it.
    A few months ago I got Rome TW on Steam in a sale and I have been meaning to get back to it; even thinking I may attempt a Let's Play.
    Thing is, when I played RTR years ago there was just one team and one version. I get the impression that since then a number of different teams have produced different versions of the mod. Am I correct in thinking that?
    I guess I am saying coming back to RTR I find it quite confusing and I am unsure which version I should install.
    I would be grateful for any information that would help me choose or links that might be informative
    Thanks
    Hey, I replied to your thread here - http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ould-I-install

Hello again, I've been trying to install this mod for a couple of days now, nothing I do seems do work, these are the error messages Im gettiing before the game crashes:
    Error: file name doesen't exist:
    RTR/data/models_engine/lithobolos.cas
    RTR/data/models_engine/big_lithobolos.cas
    RTR/data/models_engine/RTR/tort_ram_low_LOD.cas
    Error crating engine outlines

Theres also the issue that Im on a Linux system, and there are sertain things that I can't do, for example, when I try to make a shortcut of RomeTW-ALX.exe with -show_err -mod:RTR, I am unable to do so because it simple doesen't exist in Linux properties, I mean the target line thing, it just doesen't exist.

Foederatus

Quote Originally Posted by Vesko View Post
    Hello again, I've been trying to install this mod for a couple of days now, nothing I do seems do work, these are the error messages Im gettiing before the game crashes:
    Error: file name doesen't exist:
    RTR/data/models_engine/lithobolos.cas
    RTR/data/models_engine/big_lithobolos.cas
    RTR/data/models_engine/RTR/tort_ram_low_LOD.cas
    Error crating engine outlines

Theres also the issue that Im on a Linux system, and there are sertain things that I can't do, for example, when I try to make a shortcut of RomeTW-ALX.exe with -show_err -mod:RTR, I am unable to do so because it simple doesen't exist in Linux properties, I mean the target line thing, it just doesen't exist.
    I had similar error messages when I tried to launch the game with Wine, in my case it showed the first loading screen of the mod and then crashed with error messages. I've already told you that, unfortunately, the mod isn't Linux compatible as of yet and I, myself, had to install Windows (I only use Windows for Total War mods, you can have two operating systems at the same time like I do. I can tell you how to install Windows beside Linux if you PM me for assistance.).
    To pass the "-show_err -mod:RTR" options, you need to create a script (You open a text file, type what you would type into the terminal to start the game with those options, save the file, and make it executable.). I would tell you how in more detail here or via private messages but that would be futile right now because the mod isn't playable on Linux yet (I'll try to convince the modders to make it so when they finish the mod.). Until then, take care

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast