Thread: Custom sounds_packed Files Fail to Work

Default Custom sounds_packed Files Fail to Work

I've been using Symphony to extract sounds_packed files to mod, and while it used to work fine, now customed sounds_packed files fail to be modified at all. Now they always revert to the vanilla NTW files; for example, I could mod an extracted sounds_packed file with the help of symphony, but if I unpack the modded sounds_packed files from the mod file, even literally seconds after packing it in, it just shows the vanilla sounds_packed files as if I failed to mod them at all, and the game just behaves as though nothing at all happened. Even if I download mods (e.g. Zera's sound mod) that alter the sounds_packed file they revert back to vanilla. What is going on, and how can I get custom sounds_packed files to work again? To give an example, here's the problem I'm facing:

1. I extract the sounds_packed files and put them in "test" folder
    2. I open sound_events.csv and replace all wavfiles (in the AL column) with "sfx/ocean/emp_lib_seagull_seagullsounds_01_gme.wav" and save
    3. I pack the sound files to "testmod" (download in link)
    4. Seconds later, I extract the files from testmod into test 2 folder.
    5. Opening up test folder, all the files in the AL column are EXACTLY the same as the Vanilla files, as if I never modded it in the first place. The .pack folder can't seem to recognise custom sounds_packed files
    Last edited by Midnight-Blue766; December 02, 2016 at 08:14 PM.