Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Seven Kingdoms v1.0 - Public Alpha Release

Default Seven Kingdoms v1.0 - Public Alpha Release

Seven Kingdoms: Total War
    is a complete faction and unit overhaul based on and inspired by A Song of Ice and Fire / Game of Thrones. The mod strives to accurately recreate and depict all major land forces of the Seven Kingdoms of Westeros using equipment, uniforms, and general aesthetics from the series.

Featuring 17 armies within 8 factions led by 19 photorealistic characters from the TV show, the public alpha allows both book and lore enthusiasts to bring the gritty combat of Westeros to life in Attila's multiplayer and custom battle modes. But, this is where the word "alpha" comes in - we aren't finished by any stretch. George R.R. Martin crafted an entire universe in the books and series, and we plan on continually expanding and improving content over time to fully recreate this universe.

This mod is the culmination of many hundreds of hours of work; we're incredibly thankful to all those who helped make it a reality. If you enjoy playing it, please vote for us in the ModDB Mod of the Year contest!

Thank you all for the support!

Game Modes

- Custom Battle
    - Multiplayer

Factions
    - Dorne
    - The Iron Islands
    - The North
    - The Reach
    - The Westerlands
    - The Riverlands
    - The Vale
    - The Stormlands

Armies
    - House Lannister
    - House Baratheon
    - House Baratheon (Dragonstone)
    - House Arryn
    - House Martell
    - House Stark
    - House Bolton
    - House Umber
    - House Glover
    - House Mormont
    - House Karstark
    - House Tully
    - House Bracken
    - House Frey
    - House Tyrell
    - House Tarly
    - House Greyjoy

Characters
    - Tywin Lannister
    - Jaime Lannister
    - Renly Baratheon
    - Stannis Baratheon
    - Yohn Royce
    - Oberyn Martell
    - Jon Snow
    - Robb Stark
    - Ramsay Bolton
    - Jon "Smalljon" Umber
    - Robett Glover
    - Harald Karstark
    - Brynden "Blackfish" Tully
    - Edmure Tully
    - Walder Frey
    - Jonos Bracken
    - Mace Tyrell
    - Randyll Tarly
    - Yara Greyjoy

Download - Alpha 1.01:
    ModDB:
    http://www.moddb.com/mods/seven-kingdoms-total-war/downloads/seven-kingdoms-alpha-v11

Installation
    1. Ensure you have WinZip, WinRar, or some other program to open .rar files.
    2. Download the mod, open it, and move "Seven_Kingdoms.pack" contained in the file to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Total War Attila\data. Non-Steam users must simply move this file to the data directory of your Attila folder.
    4. Launch Attila
    5. When the game launcher opens, activate "Seven_Kingdoms" using the "Mod Manager" button (simply click the check box next to the mod)
    6. That's it!

For additional help, please watch this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cru5DytGbnU

Development Team

Blick Mang - Project Leader, Unit Design, 3d Artwork
    Mrfista - Assistant Project Leader, 3d Artwork
    Wiid - Coding & Gameplay Design
    KevTaylor - Character Design, Weapon Design, 3d Artwork
    Zuma - Unit Card Design, 2d Artwork

Inactive / Former Developers
    Hoeonfeet - Unit Design (Lannister, Greyjoy, Martell), 3d Artwork
    Yimos - 3d Artwork
    Jonny - Level Design

Credits & Thanks

- Mr. Jox (without whom this mod would not be possible)
    - Caligula
    - WHIT3 BROTH3R
    - TheByzantine
    - Jackie Fish
    - Simpzy
    - Pixelated Apollo
    - AccyDaccy
    - Bilwit
    - Pino, Narf, and the M&B OSP community
    - Medieval Kingdoms team for sharing various assets
    - Rise of Mordor team for all the tremendous support
    - Clash of Kings team for inspiration & references
    - If we're missing anyone, please let us know!
    Last edited by Blick Mang; December 11, 2016 at 09:35 AM.

Default Re: Seven Kingdoms v1.0 - Public Alpha Release

congratulations on the epic release!

Ted23's Avatar Laetus

Congratulations on this great release, I've been looking forward to this for ages! You've done a great job and I'm looking forward to play this mod with friends. Thank you very much!

Teutonic's Avatar Ordinarius

Yes, congratulations on your release! The team should be really proud of their work so far. The units look glorious, and I love your unique approach with the vassal houses!

One thing I noticed after a few practice battles was how quick the battles are. Actual fighting lasted about 2 minutes between forces of 2 000 each. This is even more arcade-like than the recent vanilla Total War games. I really hope you guys address this. Otherwise, as I said, it's great!

Congratulations and thanks on the release. I want to say that I appreciate how professional your team is, with regular updates/previews, fast download on a reliabe website (hail ModDB), well-polished content and so on. +Rep

Thanks everyone!

One thing I noticed after a few practice battles was how quick the battles are. Actual fighting lasted about 2 minutes between forces of 2 000 each. This is even more arcade-like than the recent vanilla Total War games. I really hope you guys address this. Otherwise, as I said, it's great!
    We had the problem where battles in previous versions were too long. It may take a few patches to hit the sweet spot but it's a top priority for us and public feedback will help get us there. A patch is planned for the next few days.

Crashes every time I click custom battle

I had this problem before, no worries. This should do the trick:

- Go to your AppData folder (try searching for %appdata% with Windows). Mine is located at C:\Users\BlickMang\AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Attila
    - Try deleting the folder "battle_preferences". This folder stores custom battle settings, and resetting it should allow it to work.

If you notice when you play Attila, the game stores your custom battle settings in a saved file. When you start a mod with different unit names, the game can't reference these saved settings, and so it crashes. Deleting the file skips this process and forces the game to generate a new one with the new mod.

Teutonic's Avatar Ordinarius

Quote Originally Posted by Blick Mang View Post
    Thanks everyone!

We had the problem where battles in previous versions were too long. It may take a few patches to hit the sweet spot but it's a top priority for us and public feedback will help get us there. A patch is planned for the next few days.
    It is well established fact that some people prefer very quick battles whilst others prefer slower and more tactical ones. If you ask me, I'd say you err on the side of longer battles . Connected with this, missile units are way too deadly, despite their smaller sizes.

Anyway, I am glad that this is top priority. Battle balance can be very tricky and the modders who work on it must be really appreciated.

PS I am pretty sure the crashes when clicking on custom battle are because the last custom battle settings before installing this mod was set for Charlemagne Era. People should first check that this isn't the case before installing the mod. Or if already installed and don't want to fiddle with game files, just un-tick the mod in mod manager and launch the vanilla game. Then go in custom battles and set the period to the vanilla campaign (the Last Roman works too). Then exit the game, launch the mod manager and switch on the mod again.
    Last edited by Teutonic; December 03, 2016 at 11:07 AM.

Got it to work! Just gave myself a fresh install. Here are my impressions:

The models look fantastic, whoever did the modeling did a great job. High quality work.

Archers are far overpowered.

Despite looking different the factions feel pretty much exactly the same, I understand that your idea to balance the factions is to make each type of unit have the same exact stats but I think to give it some variety you should strengthen certain types of units for each faction. Armor points would be an easy one to do, there's no way the Frey's and Lannisters are equipped to the same standard for example. Furthermore while I think it would add much to the game to give units unique names rather than "X faction light/medium/heavy". Also I'm not sure about every faction having light/medium/heavy units, did we ever see any Stark soldiers equipped any different than their standard load out? Just some suggestions to get the factions to feel more unique in their play style.

Are we going to see another Northern faction including Wildlings? Or a Jon Snow faction perhaps with both Northerners and Wildlings? What about a Khalesei faction with the Dothraki and other units across the sea? A Dothraki faction?

Are there any plans for a campaign? I know that there is no editing tool but I think most of us would still enjoy/want it on the map of Europe.

Yes, I saw in your last ModDB update that you are planning to release a new patch with Wildings and Night's Watch in the end of December/early January. Is this still in your plans?

Edit: I can't remember if I already posted this, but I'm actually promoting you work at French TW forum MundusBellicus.fr, so be sure that French players will follow the mod: http://www.mundusbellicus.fr/forum/t...doms-total-war.

Quote Originally Posted by jt88 View Post
    Got it to work! Just gave myself a fresh install. Here are my impressions:
    Are we going to see another Northern faction including Wildlings? Or a Jon Snow faction perhaps with both Northerners and Wildlings? What about a Khalesei faction with the Dothraki and other units across the sea? A Dothraki faction?
    Thanks! The next content update (these will be released separately from basic bug/improvement patches) will consist of the Wildlings and the Whitewalkers. The fantasy aspect of Game of Thrones has so far been neglected and this should offer a new gameplay dynamic alongside traditional militaries. The Dothraki and Unsullied will be released closer to the start of Season 7, as they're based on new references in Westeros and we want them to mesh well with the existing theme.

We're not making a campaign unless CA updates the tools. Taking heat for this decision is better than taking heat for creating a half-working campaign where every engine limitation would need to be explained - on a sideways map of Europe.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelduin View Post
    Edit: I can't remember if I already posted this, but I'm actually promoting you work at French TW forum MundusBellicus.fr, so be sure that French players will follow the mod: http://www.mundusbellicus.fr/forum/t...doms-total-war.
    Merci!

Birk's Avatar Centenarius

This is really impressive, never seen anything like this before. Thumbs up for you guys!
    Birk Von Norway

this looks Awsome ! Awsome ! Awsome !

nah, I doesn t work. When I select custom battle it crashes to desktop.
    Last edited by phoen!x; December 04, 2016 at 04:00 AM.

Charerg's Avatar Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by phoen!x View Post
    nah, I doesn t work. When I select custom battle it crashes to desktop.
    This is a problem which occurs with all mods, and the solution has already been provided:

Quote Originally Posted by Blick Mang View Post
    I had this problem before, no worries. This should do the trick:

- Go to your AppData folder (try searching for %appdata% with Windows). Mine is located at C:\Users\BlickMang\AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Attila
    - Try deleting the folder "battle_preferences". This folder stores custom battle settings, and resetting it should allow it to work.

If you notice when you play Attila, the game stores your custom battle settings in a saved file. When you start a mod with different unit names, the game can't reference these saved settings, and so it crashes. Deleting the file skips this process and forces the game to generate a new one with the new mod.
    Under the patronage of Finlander, of the Imperial House of Hader

ah ok. Thank you

Aguirre's Avatar Decanus

Stunning work!

Unit design 10/10
    Game-pace, Balance -5/10, feels more arcade then vanilla Attila, the gamepace is so freaking fast that you don't have time to enjoy the combat and make tactical decitions, like Tetris on Steroids. Cavalry is so fast, it looks like it's teleporting around.

Ciruelo's Avatar Tiro

Amazing job guys, thank you very much

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast