Thread: Ptolemaic Barracks - Weapons Import/Supply of Army Rations not needed?

Default Ptolemaic Barracks - Weapons Import/Supply of Army Rations not needed?

Hello,

Simple question in the subject. I am playing 1.6. The building descriptions indicate that I will need Import/Supply, but I can develop my barracks just fine without either.

Is this a bug? It's a little disappointing. I'd prefer it if it worked.

Default Re: Ptolemaic Barracks - Weapons Import/Supply of Army Rations not needed?

That should be 2.6. Apologies.

Default Re: Ptolemaic Barracks - Weapons Import/Supply of Army Rations not needed?

I anticipate that I will go hunting in the EDU myself to try and fix this, but any response would be much appreciated.

When I said it is a little disappointing, I do hope that isn't construed as a criticism. If this is indeed an error, it is entirely forgivable given the overall splendour of this mod. It's just nice when things flow perfectly.

This also includes Macedon, both their barracks and blacksmiths.

The building description says a weapon metals import, and/or a supply of army rations are required before you can progress on the building tree, but I can progress along the tree just fine without either of them.

Has this been addressed in a later patch?

Having looked in the export_descr_buildings file appears to include lines such as:

successor_order3 requires factions { seleucid, } or factions { macedon, } and building_present_min_level hinterland_settlement_determination path_choice and building_present_min_level mineral_import weapons_metals_import or resource iron or resource copper or resource tin or resource lead
    They just do not seem to work?

I continue to be frustrated by this.

The mod is beautiful and I am desperate to iron out this crease.

Saul Tyre's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Faradhym View Post
    I continue to be frustrated by this.

The mod is beautiful and I am desperate to iron out this crease.
    I'm sorry I cannot help you with this but I suggest you put your question here where it is more likely to be addressed by dvk901 the mod leader http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ns-amp-answers
    My personality is who I am....my attitude depends on who you are!!!
    RTR: Imperium Surrectum Team Member/adviser/tester
    RTR Project Group member/RTR8_4.0 beta tester.
    RSII_WWC Team Member/tester.XC_5 Beta tester
    My TW youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/SaulTyre

Thanks Saul

Please forgive the repetition, but I do really want to try and fix this. I think I'll try a 2.5 installation test next.

Here are some screenshots to illustrate the problem.

This is a fresh installation of RTW Gold + Alexander from discs, followed by a fresh download of RS 2.5 and RS 2.6. A new campaign with Macedon, I destroyed the barracks in Pella to illustrate how, despite the building description specifying the need for a supply of army rations before building the next level of barracks, I can nevertheless build the next barracks without this supply.

Please please please help.

https://imageshack.com/a/rgil/1

I have uploaded a new image from 2.5. It shows how in the Selucid campaign the game is properly recognising that without a weapons metal import, I cannot build a barracks in Jerusalem.

(I still don't have post editing privileges, apologies for the double-post).