Page 3 of 73 FirstFirst 123456789101112132853 ... LastLast

Thread: [Stainless Steel 6.4] SS All Factions

Default Re: [HS] SS All Factions [Invited players only] [FULL]

My reason for voting against is that I am strongly opposed to players calling for a mulligan on the faction they're dealt, as it disrupts and delays the campaign start. If you want to trade factions, arrange it in private and do so at some point prior to your first turn being up. No need to involve admins, and no need to bring in the headache of playable papal states.

Also, Macrath once attempted to incentive people to stick with hotseats with free games on steam to the winners, and even then none of them actually ran to completion. Signature banners arent going to do any better.

I am the Air Bud of Total War

StOuFf's Avatar Protector Domesticus

I agree with Venots Mustel.

there are enough players in this allready. sorry DrMac but you havent shown to be very available the last months - unless someone gives up his place I say 13 should be max?

over long or short the papal states will bring problems, I am almost certain of it. excommunicationg the enemy faction is too strong. e.g. you are the papal states and decided to attack someone. this faction gets immediately excommunicated and has a (30%) lower public order? doesnt seem fair does it?

the faction shuffle was done, if you really want to change a faction find someone to swap with in private and inform the admin. if no one wants to, well leave or go along with it - you knew what you signed up to
    Last edited by StOuFf; December 08, 2016 at 06:23 PM.

So kolu now agrees with me playing Egypt.

Would anyone object the 3rd option Saleska proposed? We can make even a 24 hr limit rule for those who have just one faction.

Btw, I didn't call a mulligan because I asked Saleska to let me play as a single faction if possible when I signed up for this.

kolu2210's Avatar Campidoctor

I just think Papal States being a played faction isnt a big deal, if venice or Sicily wants we could always just killed them.

Who cares about publid order

I will adress time limit in a PM that will be sent to ya all in a few hours. Time wont be the main problem, im pretty sure about that but please await the PM first.

Quote Originally Posted by kolu2210 View Post
    I just think Papal States being a played faction isnt a big deal, if venice or Sicily wants we could always just killed them.

Who cares about publid order
    A 30% hit to public order everywhere means more garrison forces and lower taxes needed to keep it from rebelling, which means less money and fewer troops able to fight. Its a huge deal

Quote Originally Posted by Ventos Mustel View Post
    A 30% hit to public order everywhere means more garrison forces and lower taxes needed to keep it from rebelling, which means less money and fewer troops able to fight. Its a huge deal

Then we kill the Papal States fast

the Papal States also can't be eliminated as long as there are Catholic factions alive. As long as there is a Catholic priest somewhere there will be a new Pope on the following turn

Pretty sure the player would quit after only having the Pope left

themzr's Avatar Primicerius
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

That doesn't mean the faction dies off. It would just make the papal states AI which means we are back to where we started
    "I am not afraid of an army of lions led by a sheep; I am afraid of an army of sheep led by a lion."

----- Alexander The Great

AI pope on his own with no spots never does anything

Sorry I've been so absent, at any rate - I'd not like the Papal to be played ( unless it's by me^^ ) and put me as any faction you see fit Saleska. I'd prefer 24h turns but I don't much care^^ Cheers for trying to accommodate everyone.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    I gave you my word to play after all, did I not?
    Last edited by Mithridate; December 09, 2016 at 05:23 PM.
    Don't be a prick, don't be a whiny little child - Stop White Genocide and Praise Jesus.

Very nice, Getting a good picture everybody? So we look nice and handsome and thin? Thank you. -The God Emperor, creating world peace and unforgettable memes
    https://twitter.com/RitaPanahi/statu...48737210662912 <-- Unforgettable face.

Alrighty, just came home, got 7 or 8 turns to do and will the update this and start working on the turn order. Hopefully we can begin asap!

OP has been updated. Turn order is the same as in OP. I made the turn order in no specific order, just so that I could change it asap as changing turn order of 25 factions turned out as quite a bit of annoying work. Mongols have been removed and Urgench got a decent garrison.

Furthermore a rule change:

-Turns are now 24 hours. If you are late you risk a skip. You are adviced to appoint a subber who can play your turn if you risk being late, the subber is required to know your plans and PW so he can sub asap and efficiently.

Aside from that Dr Mac is now playing Poland and Portugal. Mithridate will be playing Denmark and Yzj will be playing Egypt.

If there is anything requiring attention please addres it asap. I will start inviting people for the steam group tomorrow. I have sent the file to Dragon who can start whenever he wants.

General Dragon.'s Avatar Champion of Dragons
    Gaming Emeritus

Here is the starting save and HRE is our first faction in the turn:
    https://www.sendspace.com/file/gl7f8n

Good luck everyone in this hotseat.

"The Dragon is wise, a sage among the ignorant. He knows not all that glitters is gold."

Ramble12's Avatar Domesticus

Why aren't we all using Google Disk?

I need someone to reupload this save too, Sendspace is not working for me for some reason

Ramble12's Avatar Domesticus

Hotseats Record 3-0
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Iberian Peninsula Campaign (AR) - Portugal - Winner
    Hungary Against the Nations (Manual) - Byzantine Empire (since turn 8)
    Ultimate 1v1 No Rules (Manual) - England - Winner
    Teutonic Warfare (Manual) - Teutonic Order
    Grand Campaign (Manual) - Sicily - Winner

Mith needs extension