Thread: More Questions

Agrippa19's Avatar Tiro

Default More Questions

Hi all, great mod but I've only got experience with Roma Surrectum mod for R1TW so some of my questions may be nooby for M2.

Anyway SS is the only experience I have with M2TW and I'm playing the Turks early period on m/m and the kind of moderate AI where they are surprisingly extremely reasonable when it comes to diplomacy which was a huge relief!

My campaign is now in around 1250 and I've conquered the Fatimids and K-wan Empire after many twists and turns through an initial very difficult first 100 turns. At 1 stage I was fighting a 4 front war! (Romans, Fatimids, Cumans and Kwan) My saving grace with the Kwan empire were the Golden Horde who sandwiched them from the East while I retook all my lost territory from a previous war back to Baku, Tslibit and Alamut which is my fortress backed up by 4 full stacks against the Mongols. I've also managed to ally with the Mongols for now after an inital trainwreck of death.

Anyway for the q's

1) Some of my cities are approaching the top tier upgrade however their pop growth has stopped! Alamut my Eastern fortress that I depend on greatly to keep the Mongols at arms reach is stuck at 18500 pop and I've built all buildings however growth is at 0%. I need it be a citadel. My fortresses in Egypt, Gaza and Damietta have also stopped and Damietta has even now gone to -1%. How is this happening and how do I fix it? All buildings are built, I've destroyed any gallows or buildings that clearly reduce pop growth and have sent spies in to make sure no enemy spies have infiltrated. I wish when I disbanded units it added to the pop like in R1.

2) When opening the diplomacy tab the scroll sometimes gives the player an indication of the Ai's intentions such as war, peace. But sometimes the intention is 'unknown'. Do sending spies into their cities help reveal intentions or is this given regardless?

3) In none of my cities do I get the option for heavy spearmen however I can recruit Ottoman infantry and ghulam cav and have maxed out the barracks and armoury tress in at least 2-3 fortresses. Why am I not getting the option to recruit them? Also before I wiped out the Fatimids they were fielding dismouted ghulams, do the Turks not get these heavy infantry units?

4) I've hit the gunpowder and heavy plate events but I still am not seeing any options to recruit janisarries, halberd militia or any of these late period Ottoman like units. I've kept peace with the Byzantines now for 146 turns incredibly with my land border finishing at Ankara and Iconium but now I want to Invade but I will make peace before I take Constantinople. I want heavy cannon and guns for that conquest. How long longer do I need to wait?

Thanks

Decanus

Default Re: More Questions

Quote Originally Posted by Agrippa19 View Post

1) Some of my cities are approaching the top tier upgrade however their pop growth has stopped! Alamut my Eastern fortress that I depend on greatly to keep the Mongols at arms reach is stuck at 18500 pop and I've built all buildings however growth is at 0%. I need it be a citadel. My fortresses in Egypt, Gaza and Damietta have also stopped and Damietta has even now gone to -1%. How is this happening and how do I fix it?

In SS, the developers made it intentionally harder to get top tier settlements - they're slightly easier to get only in specific regions (I seem to remember those regions have really high fertility, like Northern Italy, Thrace, the Nile Delta, the Ile de France, and so on...). Anyway, what you have to do is send there a really good governor, with titles and ancillaries which help lower squalor such as "Architect" and the title of "Chambellain", or its equivalent for Middle Eastern facions (if I'm not mistaken). Though slow, population will grow...though it is not assured you'll get top tier, because that's how the mod is supposed to work, after all. So that historically more valuable settlements are unique.

Quote Originally Posted by Agrippa19 View Post

2) When opening the diplomacy tab the scroll sometimes gives the player an indication of the Ai's intentions such as war, peace. But sometimes the intention is 'unknown'. Do sending spies into their cities help reveal intentions or is this given regardless?
    If I do remember, you have to make them offers and negotiate with them to turn "unknown" into "whatever else". Try making plain offers without asking anything in return (remember, make an offer, not a gift). It works like this: "I (your faction) offer this to you. What can you give me in exchange?"

After a while, you'll get to know what they strive for. Also remember that "military" priority stands for them asking you military access and attack against other factions.

Agrippa19's Avatar Tiro

Default Re: More Questions

Ahhh ok thanks. I like that not all settlements can be huge but I guess it's just hassle getting some of the settlements I intended to be crucial to the top tier. My governor in Alamut is a rampaging 8 star general with 1 dread and more military ancillaries too, the others governors in my Egyptian fortresses aren't anything special . Now that I'm a proper empire I'm going to focus more on chivalry and good traits to boost my faction rep. Early period was just pure brutality to survive.

Yeah I think I misunderstood that part too, I took it as the same meaning as war.

Edit: Any idea about the other 2 q's?
    Last edited by Agrippa19; December 02, 2016 at 10:27 AM.