Thread: Negative PO garrisoning for vanilla

Default Negative PO garrisoning for vanilla

Hi,

Is any public order negative mod due to garrisoning for vanilla ? I've searched a lot and didn't find anything.......

Nimble's Avatar Libertus

Default Re: Negative PO garrisoning for vanilla

I would also like a negative PO garrison mod for vanilla, can anyone help us?

Not that I know of. You guys don't like DeI? (nothing wrong with that - everyone has their own tastes!)

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Nimble's Avatar Libertus

Oh don't get me wrong, I love DEI but I also have a customized "vanilla" install as well, with tonnes of mini mods etc. which I'm currently playing a massive Carthage campaign on. Can't wait for DEI 1.2 and change the course of history as Pyrrhus

Dresden if possible though, could you ask your fellow DEI team members to see if this is possible? One of the great features of DEI that I miss!

Litharion's Avatar Artifex

It is possible. The important thing you need to know is that the public order negative is scripted. In order to use this with vanilla, you need to extract the script (PublicOrder.lua) and the public order effect bundles and texts. If you know your way around pfm this should be easy to do.

Finally add local PublicOrder = require "lua_scripts.PublicOrder"; to the scripting.lua of the campaign you want to use the script with

Nimble's Avatar Libertus

Thanks Litharion, sounds pretty staight forward. Not sure I will test it on my current campaign but may do next time, or I'll just be patient and wait for DEI 1.2!

Quote Originally Posted by Litharion View Post
    It is possible. The important thing you need to know is that the public order negative is scripted. In order to use this with vanilla, you need to extract the script (PublicOrder.lua) and the public order effect bundles and texts. If you know your way around pfm this should be easy to do.

Finally add local PublicOrder = require "lua_scripts.PublicOrder"; to the scripting.lua of the campaign you want to use the script with
    I try exactly what you say but no success. I suspect didn't find the exact public order effect bundles and texts tables. I found only 2 tables here. Can you list them here to see where I mistaken ? Thank you.
    Last edited by leonardusius; December 01, 2016 at 09:57 AM.

apublic_order_effect_bundles_to_effects_junctions

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post
    Thanks a very lot Dresden. Now it works, but something is not going well. After creating a new mod and importing all of this tables when starting game with my general inside capital. All is OK, the bonus from character is 3 not 1 (when I move my general out), and the negative aspect is there (inside city) and positive (outside); tough, when I came with another general adjacent with my leader/general situated in capital and moving all inside units to his (so outside the city), the military presence show as -5; so moving my units outside is generating a negative effect instead a positive. But if after that I move my leader/general outside and come back inside, then it show a proper positive effect military presence =1 (I think it's OK, even having the general with his bodyguard unit theoretically must be negative aspect, but I admit this is the realistic exception which gives a positive effect). So, why the changes id done only when moving out and then moving back my general inside city ? Is this intended ? (I think it's very realistic to see peoples reacting negatively when saw troops leaving the city, but next turn or if general leave and come back, they calm down.......or not)
    Last edited by leonardusius; December 02, 2016 at 05:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post
    Also Dresden, is the secondary effects of having the leader inside capital is contained in public order tables scripting ? Say, the better replenishment and the others......On the other hand, is there a method with PFA to search inside a pack for a specific keyword, say for example, ''replenishment'' and receive all the tables where this word is present...? And third, for your excellent idea of supply system is possible the same ''method'' as with the ''Public Order'' importing tables ?
    Last edited by leonardusius; December 02, 2016 at 05:16 AM.