Thread: Custom character names in startpos?

Icon5 Custom character names in startpos?

I am trying to create a custom name for a character in start_pos_characters in the assembly kit. I already added it to the "names" table in the db. I tried everything... but BoB won't process the startpos after assigning the custom name to the character! Has anyone been able to do this!???

Tryggvi's Avatar Libertus

Default Re: Custom character names in startpos?

You should better use the PFM for that. Import the vanilla startpos and edit it there. In fact, many people have problems with creating a startpos by the AKit.
    I already added it to the "names" table in the db.
    I hope, you didn't forget to add a localization line in the names.loc? Because in startpos, there is only the name ID, not the name itself.

Default Re: Custom character names in startpos?

Use editesf and PFM.
    PFM: Create a new row in the names.loc file from local_[your language ID].pack
    the first collumn contains the name id so put in names_name_[unique id]

editesf(or PFM internal manager [somehow at me it corrupts the startpos.esf when editing in PFM]):
    Go to(startpos.esf) : CAMPAIGN_STARTPOS/COMPRESSED_DATA/CAMPAIGN_MODEL/WORLD/FACTION_ARRAY/FACTION_ARRAY - [your faction id]/FACTION/CHARACTER_ARRAY/CHARACTER_ARRAY - [your character id]/CHARACTER/CHARACTER_DETAILS/CHATACTER_NAME/NAMES_BLOCK/NAMES_BLOCK - 0/CAMPAIGN_LOCALISATION
    there replace the id with your custom name id