Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Hyrule Total War: Classic Ultimate - Updated 2023/12/07

Mr_Nygren's Avatar Berserkir

Default Hyrule Total War: Classic Ultimate - Updated 2023/12/07

New release as of 2019-12-18!

Article:

https://www.moddb.com/mods/hyrule-to...ool-integrated

Download Win 10 Version with the M2TWEOP-tool integrated - it's required or all the giant heroes of the mod will crash on windows 10 and 8:

https://www.moddb.com/mods/hyrule-to...edition-win-10

Download Win 7 Version without the M2TWEOP-tool required to fix the giant heroes from crashing on windows 10 & 8:

https://www.moddb.com/mods/hyrule-to...-edition-fixed

Additional changes not previewed earlier in the thread:

Moblin Children implemented as civilians for the Moblins!

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

The Moblins will need to protect their kids, or the Hylians might kill them all- a feature only for the player if playing as the Moblins.

Tetra Zelda V is no longer a custom battle hero, and the same is true for Linbeck by the way.

Lanayru Civilians implemented and working perfectly!

I've implemented the civilians for the Lanayru Province from the 4.6 files, and they work just like with the Moblin Kids, and the Hylian Civilians- defensive battles for the player only when playing as the Lanayru Province.

I've also made them work better in the mod, as they do now stand their ground and won't route tot he same spot as everyone else- i'm going to change the stats for the Hylian/Moblin civs as well as i prefer them standing and dying where they are instead of running to the same location because they broke and dying in one single location. They will have some stats and won't die immediately. Their morale will be increased from 0 to 9.

Also, i've removed the Princess Zelda 1 for the Sheikah in the custom battles to make room for this unit in the campaign.

I've made new unit/unit_info cards for all the civs.

I've changed the victory conditions for all the minor factions in the mod- such as the Tokay, the Horonians, the Zuna, the Subrosian and the Huskus.

Expect the minor factions to have way easier victory conditions. It isn't a bug if one of them is almost about to "conquer" the known world at the start of the campaign lol.

The Oocca has been nerfed- they don't start with much of an army, and their stats are now bad enough for them to be beatable. They are still strong and will become too strong if you let them. They need 100 in their religion before they can recruit any troops- so they are the weakest in the early game.

The Majora faction has been nerfed in the sense they also need certain religious requisites to recruit units, but unlike the Oocca the levels required are varied- as they do not have great priestesses. The numbers of their units have been changed to be like the Oocca- so expect stronger Majora demons.

Queen Laruto with her Aquamarine bodyguard has been implemented from the Great Sea: Total War demo made by the Undying Nephalim.

[SPOILER]

She has an Aquamarine bodyguard with the more recent Great Sea version.

New Scripts in addition to many improved or enhanced scripts:

;########################## Civilians#############################
    ;########################## Forced Alliances##############################
    ;########################## King Dodongo ##############################
    ;########################## Majora ##############################
    ;########################## Ghirahim ##############################
    ;########################## Dethl & Deadhand ##############################
    ;########################## Stallord ##############################
    ;########################## Trinexx, Lord of Turtle Rock ##############################
    ;########################## Sulkaris Restored ##############################
    ;########################## Vyorsoth, Mother of Tyrants ##############################
    ;########################## Mahgxai ##############################

;########################## Mercenary Tsume ############################## ;########################## Koume and Kotake ##############################

Credits:

Main Mod - Undying Nephalim.

Submod - Mr_Nygren

Sky City creation - Undying Nephalim.

Making the Sky City custom settlement playable - Makayane.

Sky City Strat-model creation - Makayane.

Oocca strat-model - Model Creator Undying Nephalim, rigging it from battle model to strat model - Bantu Chieftain, Re-rigging the model, reducing the size of the model and it's textures- Makayane and lastly fixing the hands/arms - Gigantus.
    '
    Old stuff:

And there is a moddb-article:

https://www.moddb.com/mods/hyrule-to...imate-released

"
    I've updated the upload just now and fixed the reported issues of the mod.

1. I forgot to move over the Argorok Unit/Unit_Info Cards to the zanti-folders resulting in a blank card - has been done.

2. Bonemold Monks for the Zanti-faction had the blue "Twili" color - has been fixed, and they now have a proper red texture.

3. Twili Sorceresses weren't recruitable for the Zanti-faction after they conquered Elmenzhia, i've fixed this issue and now Prince Zant can recruit Twili Sorceresses despite taking that settlement.

4. Swordsmen Recruits were only available in the first tier of barracks, which were intended - but i figured since the barracks are so speedily upgraded that it would be better to have the unit available in all the tiers - they are now recruitable post-tier one.

5. Triforce Vanguards are Guardians of the Triforce, they do spawn for the Hyrule Prime settlement if the Hylians are holding it, and for the Majora Prime/Dead Maku Tree-settlement if Majora is holding it - i've removed them from the recruitment, because the script prevents them from showing up unless the settlements are under siege, and it also will limit the unit to one at any time. I had made a mistake and enabled them in the recruitment, and that has now been corrected so people aren't confused.

6. I tried adding Link etc through the script by replacing a spawning general but i still got the issue with Link becoming the faction leader and causing adoptions to happen every turn. So i still cannot implement Link or other heroes as generals without causing this issue - the other heroes were already in the script so i could easily replace the models etc. Link and some others that aren't generals weren't in the script.

I don't know what Neph did to remove this adoption-issue - because it happens to me even when replacing a general like "Arthon"."

Enjoy, and remember that i continued upon Undying Nephalim's great work from 2014 and prior, and the mod also has the community patches from SirLion and Tedster1995 - as i based the submod on the most functional version of Hyrule Total War with the old models.

The mod wasn't free from CTD, and probably isn't still - but i've managed to remove the transgressor-CTD, the exterminate/ransom-CTD and i think that CTD:s are less common then in 3.8.

I've continued upon their work and added new stuff from the 4.6 version released in 2017, as well as new stuff from the 2014 Great Sea demo - even some unused assets from the old mod are now used properly!

It's a huge amount of coding work, and Codeman over at the Hyrule Conquest Discord helped me with reskins of the factions for Majora - Undying Nephalim had done three and a half faction rosters in the past for Majora. I've created unit/unit_info cards, fixed bugs, improved scripts etc. Too much to write really - been working on the mod since november 2016, but to be honest i only put in work on it during a few days in 2017, a few weeks during the fall of 2018 and then the rest has been accomplished from this year and onward. Mostly from the end of march, but also some in dec, jan and early feb.

BTW: I've been spending all my awaken time on the mod the months i've been focusing on it. So like 16 hours a day these months and weeks.

The text below is old:

I have decided that this will be a submod for HTW 3.8.

It will add the following:

1. All of the unused units of HTW 3.8 to the respective faction rosters - units such as the Gold Knuckles, Hyrulean Macemen or Hyrulean Archers etc.- Completed.

2. It will add all the human Hylian, Lanayuru/Zora and Rito units available in the Great Sea: Total war beta - dividing them between factions. - Completed.

3. Will add all the new custom settlements from the most recent HTW - will also duplicate these settlements to erase old vanilla settlements from the mod. - Completed.

4. Will hopefully (in the future) add the whole Oocca roster to the Oocca faction. - Completed.

5. Will try and implement the Majora faction - but last time i tried it back in 2013 the mod would CTD when holding the mouse over their cities. - Completed.

6. Will probably add new weapons and stuff i like from the recent version to old units - such as assault rifles or pistols to the old Labrynnians. - Completed.

Version 3.8 has the old rosters of all factions, and while some are better in the most recent version i don't think i will implement any new one besides the Ooccaa - in order to avoid different styles on rosters.

This submod will therefore be old HTW 3.8 with new units from the files or Great Sea, new custom settlements, the new Ooccaa roster, the Majora faction hopefully (old Majora) and possibly some additional content.

Also, all evil factions start as allies and all good ones start as allies. The mod is therefore divided into two sides!
    Last edited by Mr_Nygren; November 16, 2020 at 08:04 AM. Reason: Updated the download-links.
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again
    but betrayal with treachery.

- The Havamal

Default Re: Any interest in here for a sub-mod for the recent version with old units?

I always did prefer the old Kingdom of Hyrule Models over the new ones. The New Models are based off of Hyrule Warriors. Which isn't even a Proper Zelda Game. It's a Spin off.

Default Re: Any interest in here for a sub-mod for the recent version with old units?

Quote Originally Posted by Eldren View Post
    I always did prefer the old Kingdom of Hyrule Models over the new ones. The New Models are based off of Hyrule Warriors. Which isn't even a Proper Zelda Game. It's a Spin off.
    Yes, then we're two in that regard.
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again

- The Havamal

Soron's Avatar Tiro
    Throne room, in a castle, on a floating island, Somewhere on the flat Earth.

The only thing i liked the old ones better so far are the Korrigans.

Will u make this sub-mod? i really like your 1,2,5 ideas. I want girl back to my army

Quote Originally Posted by phuc96125 View Post
    Will u make this sub-mod? i really like your 1,2,5 ideas. I want girl back to my army
    I am currently working on alot of other submods. But maybe if there are big enough interest.

I haven't played HTW in a while- but i want to try out the new settlements.

- The Havamal

I have alot of interest in this lol.
    I was actually thinking about doing this myself, though im not at all an experienced moder
    I second you guys on liking the older models for alot of factions, and the hyrulean faction specifically
    I'd also mention the deku scrubs, and the sheikah cadre

Acamality's Avatar Laetus

I would definitely be interested in this. Although the Zora still look very nice, I much prefer the old models for them. They just looked better standing together and while fighting. I also prefer the old Gorons by far. I can't stand the childish Hyrule Warriors Gorons for some reason.

I'd be interested. The new designs have grown on me, but some things I definitely would miss like Labrynnian Mechs seeing as they're not in the revamp. Re: Hyrule, I think I overall prefer the new models in terms of look, but there's a big nostalgia value in the old models seeing as they're based on games I grew up with and I'd be very happy with the option.

Quote Originally Posted by Acamality View Post
    I would definitely be interested in this. Although the Zora still look very nice, I much prefer the old models for them. They just looked better standing together and while fighting. I also prefer the old Gorons by far. I can't stand the childish Hyrule Warriors Gorons for some reason.
    I agree completely. The old Zora Dominion spearmen was very cool i think. I liked that faction because they looked so cool. The new Zora Dominion-troops doesn't look as stylish in my opinion. As for the Gorons i am far too old for the new childish looks - but i liked the old masculine guys. I played them because they looked like masculinity X 100.

Bad news though - my computer has broken down (the gaming computer with most of the mods installed), and i therefore can't access the harddrive with HTW 3.6 on. Btw, i had made alot of unused models available. There were cool Golden Knuckles who looked like Gerudo women with Knuckle-armour. They had a wrong animation though in a place or two but still pretty cool. And the generals were made into playable elite units - as well as the Ganondorf-bodyguard.

A shame i can't access it now.

- The Havamal

I would gladly welcome this submod. New models are mostly neat, but older are also cool and i have nostalgic memories with them. It would be nice to be able to switch between old and new units.

I would appreciate also if somone could shared last version of mod with older units. I delted my files by one suddenly, rush move
    I would appreciate also

Quote Originally Posted by Anonix3 View Post
    I would gladly welcome this submod. New models are mostly neat, but older are also cool and i have nostalgic memories with them. It would be nice to be able to switch between old and new units.

I would appreciate also if somone could shared last version of mod with older units. I delted my files by one suddenly, rush move
    I would appreciate also
    I found a backup of my version 3.6 modified version on my other older computer, the question is when i get the time to move stuff. As i understand it, there is a new map and alot of other new stuff on the new version - will take quite some time to add all the faction rosters to that version. I think adding the map and custom settlements to the old version would be faster - but who knows.

The possiblitity is there though.

Btw, if Undying Nephalim wants help in adding the factions of The Great Sea: Total War i could do that. But they need to be rigged already..
    Last edited by Mr_Nygren; January 10, 2017 at 02:52 PM.

- The Havamal

Hey Mr_Nygren.
    Would you be interested if I help out with this Sub-mod?
    Soron has already asked me to put the Korrigans back in to the game. So maybe I can help with this sub-mod while I'm at it.

I will keep my fingers crossed for this submod

Sadly, my abilities of moding Medieval II are ending on unlocking all factions in vanilla.

Quote Originally Posted by Eldren View Post
    Hey Mr_Nygren.
    Would you be interested if I help out with this Sub-mod?
    Soron has already asked me to put the Korrigans back in to the game. So maybe I can help with this sub-mod while I'm at it.
    In what ways do you think you can help? What are your knowledge? I know you were a part of the Golden Land-mod btw, and i have downloaded the files just for backups sake if i would want any of it in the future in a submod for HTW.

Anyway, this wouldbe submod ain't really started yet - and i have yet to decide if i want to modify 3.6 or move all the rosters to the new mod. It won't be a fast matter even if i only would replace the Korrigans, the Kingdom of Hyrule, Labrynna, the Gorons and the Zora Dominion - possibly some heroes too.

While i am more in love with the old Gerudo women - i still think the new ones are good enough to not need a replacement.

- The Havamal

Hello guys! I was messing around with my old HTW 3.6 version and i was trying out the Gerudo Gold Knuckles. As stated before they were bugged using the knuckle animations. However, i managed to get them to work without looking bugged by changing their animations to the ones used by the Zora Blademasters - and they now look just fine in battle.

Unfortunately i don't have a great graphics card on any of my current computers, but at least my laptop has a better graphics card than my old stational computer where i have the mod located currently. I am going to up a picture of the unit in game when it has the working animations. Unfortunately my gaming computer is still broken so it will still look lesser in quality than it would have done otherwise.

I have made alot of caps/gens and elite bodyguards available since before. But most of those units do need new unit pictures. As for this mod idea- i would need to decide if i just want to add some of the new stuff like the custom settlements to the old version -or if i want to add the old stuff onto the new version (this would be easier than adding the map and stuff, as i know how to do it but ain't used to changing maps) which will unfortunately be very time consuming.

- The Havamal

I think this Gold Knuckle-unit is among the most bad-ass of the old roster.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails kingdoms 2017-02-05 14-47-37-572.jpg   kingdoms 2017-02-05 14-48-35-287.jpg   kingdoms 2017-02-05 14-48-48-285.jpg   kingdoms 2017-02-05 14-48-23-339.jpg   kingdoms 2017-02-05 14-49-10-627.jpg  

kingdoms 2017-02-05 14-49-34-273.jpg   kingdoms 2017-02-05 14-49-42-975.jpg   kingdoms 2017-02-05 14-49-32-323.jpg   kingdoms 2017-02-05 14-49-57-448.jpg   kingdoms 2017-02-05 14-50-04-478.jpg  

- The Havamal

Hello, now my current computer sucks (gaming computer from 2009, my better one from 2012-13 broke in decembre) so the graphics aren't that good - but i still think the unit "Assault Battalion" has much higher quality than many of the other old-school models. This is how it looks in battle:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails kingdoms 2017-05-10 03-09-46-540.jpg   kingdoms 2017-05-10 03-10-11-847.jpg   kingdoms 2017-05-10 03-09-43-711.jpg   kingdoms 2017-05-10 03-10-00-497.jpg   kingdoms 2017-05-10 03-09-40-339.jpg  

kingdoms 2017-05-10 03-09-56-617.jpg   kingdoms 2017-05-10 03-10-16-347.jpg   kingdoms 2017-05-10 03-07-06-187.jpg  

- The Havamal

Consider the older Darknut units also.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodly View Post
    Consider the older Darknut units also.
    I won't be making a sub-mod for the new version - too much work required.

At the most i will make the 3.6 better with new units from Kingdom of the Golden Land, New Hyrule and the Occaa of the recent version - as well as implement the new settlements, horses and some siege engines.

It's faster to port the stuff i want from the recent version, than to port the entire old version to the recent one.

- The Havamal

Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast