Thread: How to edit an already edited startpos mod?

Default How to edit an already edited startpos mod?

Hello, I'm trying to create my own little campaign with custom factions and I saw a mod that already has a base to start with and I was wondering if it was possible to edit this startpos easily? PFM is pretty non descriptive with the stuff in it so I don't exactly know where to start there.

Alos, how do I add and change the characters the factions have at the start of the game? This way the family trees aren't empty and correct characters will be in the factions.
    thanks

Default Re: How to edit an already edited startpos mod?

To be honest, this is very tedious to do for an already-created mod. It's a lot easier to do all this stuff in the Assembly Kit than in PFM, but there you'll have to start from scratch.

You can edit some of this stuff in PFM, but as you say, it's pretty non-descriptive. Most of the stuff you might need to change in the startpos would be under compressed_data>campaign_env>campaign_model>world. In there, you can find family_tree, and also under faction_array, there's the character_array. There are a few parameters you can change there, but it can be messy and if you make a mistake the game will crash on you.

So my recommendation: start from the beginning in the Assembly Kit. It's not easy to change this stuff in PFM.