Thread: Prince of Macedon plays RTR 8 Closed Beta!

Icon3 Prince of Macedon plays RTR 8 Closed Beta!

Hello RTR fans! We have a special treat for you, PrinceofMacedon has released a video of him playing a historical battle from our closed beta release of RTR 8! Check him out and, if you haven't already, make sure to subscribe to him on youtube and show him some love!

RTR 8 Public beta v3.0 coming out December 2nd, stay tuned!

-V
    Rome Total Realism Project Dev Team Member and Head of Public Relations
    RTR VII Beta Tester/Dev Team Member
    "Coasting through the intermission that separates day from day, I find myself feeling oddly at peace with reality. Despite everything, I think life will workout in the end. The world, as as I see it is a remarkable place." - DukeCanada, the interstellar wanderer.
    Proud patron of Aule_the_creator

Default Re: Prince of Macedon plays RTR 8 Closed Beta!

He released another video, this time playing the battle of Raphia, check it out!

"Coasting through the intermission that separates day from day, I find myself feeling oddly at peace with reality. Despite everything, I think life will workout in the end. The world, as as I see it is a remarkable place." - DukeCanada, the interstellar wanderer.

And here is PoM's preview of the Thermopylae map featuring a juicy skirmish between the Romans and the Seleucids! Enjoy and subscribe to PoM!

Glance at the famed Spartans in Prince of Macedon's latest video!

In this video, Prince of Macedon goes over all the factions and shows some Roman legionary units and some Parthian cavalry

I really like the look of the units but i think the names are a bit generic for a realism mod(things like 'barbarian cavalry'). Are they final?

Thanks for your reply, romanius24! Nothing is final at this point, we are only at v3.0 of our beta, there is more stuff left to do

Looking forward to doing some testing!

DukeCanada's Avatar Domesticus

This is quite cool of PoM, I remember when we did a similar set of videos for RTRVII.
    Rome Total Realism Public Relations Representative

"We saved so much money on toilet paper" - Remlap, after giving advice on proper wiping technique.

Yes, he's a really great guy and we are very thankful to him for giving the mod a chance.
    Also, welcome back man!!! Haven't seen you here in ages

TheRomanRuler's Avatar Campidoctor

These videos made me want to play Rome Total War again. But sadly it runs horribly on my PC (way too new for such old game), and user interface is lacking, and also i miss feature of being able to replenish troops without having to go on city. Graphics themselves are good enough. I wish i could give your mod a try!
    I hope CA will release Rome Total War HD with ability to replenish troops without having to go inside a city, improved user interface and perfomance upgrades to utilize modern PCs. Also steam workshop would be great. Lots of people have never even heard of Total War center.
    Last edited by TheRomanRuler; December 10, 2016 at 04:45 PM.
    Apologies for anyone who's message i may miss or not be able to answer

Quote Originally Posted by romanius24 View Post
    I really like the look of the units but i think the names are a bit generic for a realism mod(things like 'barbarian cavalry'). Are they final?
    they are generic, but Rome Total War has limit on number of units you can have in game. So i think it is best to have as many generic units as possible to save space for more interesting units.

TheRomanRuler: you can run rtw on your PC without issues, there are a bunch of remedies around here to help. What exactly are your issues?

My issue is that game works just fine and as it is designed to work. My PC does the same. But as my PC is new and game is old, game runs like it would run on very low end 2004 PC. And there is nothing that can be done to fix that - unless you want to make game support modern graphic cards and preferably Directx12 or Vulkan and everything else that improves perfomance.

Saul Tyre's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by TheRomanRuler View Post
    My issue is that game works just fine and as it is designed to work. My PC does the same. But as my PC is new and game is old, game runs like it would run on very low end 2004 PC. And there is nothing that can be done to fix that - unless you want to make game support modern graphic cards and preferably Directx12 or Vulkan and everything else that improves perfomance.
    I have read other comments from people who have this problem and I don't know why that happens. My rig is a 2014 self build AMD 6300 six core x 3.5 GHz, 8gb RAM, 1tb hdd sata III, 650 watt psu, GeForce Nvidia 2gb gtx 750 gpu(I use Shadowplay for recording) and I rarely have any problems. I have regularly played RS, EB 1.21, RTR VII & M2TW Kingdoms + mods. I know RTW only needs 1 core but I do other things with my PC, I can render, play/record my game & upload to youtube all at the same time. I average 45-60 fps with the occasional dip below 30 fps and have rarely any lag, you could use free Large Address Aware software(google it) which might help. After some trial & error I have AA off, I customized my units to 100 men in preferences, in the video options I set unit detail at medium, effects high, vege high, terrain high, buildings high, grass medium, and all the boxes below these are checked. Have a look at an episode of RS III on my youtube Let's Play channel and you can see for yourself.
    Last edited by Saul Tyre; March 06, 2017 at 02:14 PM.
    My personality is who I am....my attitude depends on who you are!!!
    RTR: Imperium Surrectum Team Member/adviser/tester
    RTR Project Group member/RTR8_4.0 beta tester.
    RSII_WWC Team Member/tester.XC_5 Beta tester
    My TW youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/SaulTyre