Thread: A few questions

Default A few questions

1. What does real combat change? I hear it changes formations and such, but can't find any details.

2. Is their any way to get a citadel in a reasonable amount of time? I'm already on 1400 and i only have one which i nicked off the moors.

3. How do i change the billhook to it's old model in vanilla medieval 2?

Default Re: A few questions

1. It overhauls the entire combat system using stats based on historic and real physics data, not sure how PointBlank came up with the formulas to translate all that into M2TW but in his sub forum can be found some pieces of information.

2. Aye is very difficult to reach Citadels or Huge Cities, you need a governor or a series of governos with high chivalry and other good gov skills traits to reach the required Pop levels.
    This hasn't been changed much from SS6.4, but the main Idea this was implemented was because not every single settlement in the map could become a world class capital.

3. Not sure, wasn't even aware SS6.4 had changed the model, this most likely involves tampering with battle_models.modeldb or deleting the custom models so the old stock ones are loaded.
    Better check the treads for editing the BM.mdb so you learn your way through it.