Thread: Light version stability

Default Light version stability

I'm sort of finnicky and so I only like to install mods that are perfectly complete so I often prefer smaller scale changes as they are easier to be tested and completed.

So to get to the point, is the light version totally ready to go? I apologize if this has been asked, searching didn't turn up definitive answer. If its not ready and their are bugs, I would prefer to wait.

Thanks!

Default Re: Light version stability

The present version has a little bug with a name in descr_strat.txt (actually the name was from the CA's list but it makes CTD for some strange reason).

Changed that (instructions are in the main thread here), replicated the MTW2 directory in the new AD directory and configured the modswitch (instructions are in a HOW-TO sticky in the modding forum here) the new campaign is ready to be played BUT it still very unbalanced.

If you wanna have a better gaming experience I'd say to wait till the end of this week when a new "light version" will come out bundled together with Shaba's new AI.

Quote Originally Posted by Re Berengario I View Post
    Wait till the end of this week when a new "light version" will come out bundled together with Shaba's new AI.
    Is Shaba's Diplomacy included in present versions of AD?

I thought it was and did not load it together, but while reading posts i see that many gamers are installing both.

Quote Originally Posted by Resdulac View Post
    Is Shaba's Diplomacy included in present versions of AD?

I thought it was and did not load it together, but while reading posts i see that many gamers are installing both.
    It's not. It will in the incoming one.

Thank you for your quick answer... and for the fantastic work you do for our great enjoyment!

Let me put a small note: For the french king, PHILIP is not a french name. It must be PHILIPPE. Also you should write CHRISTOPHE, FRANÇOIS (with a 'ç'), RAOUL, BERTHE and all the female name ending with TE must double the 't': FLORETTE, LEONETTE, JULIETTE (without a 'O' but a 'E').

Quote Originally Posted by Resdulac View Post
    Thank you for your quick answer... and for the fantastic work you do for our great enjoyment!

Let me put a small note: For the french king, PHILIP is not a french name. It must be PHILIPPE. Also you should write CHRISTOPHE, FRANÇOIS (with a 'ç'), RAOUL, BERTHE and all the female name ending with TE must double the 't': FLORETTE, LEONETTE, JULIETTE (without a 'O' but a 'E').
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=73078

Give your help to this people as we'll use their work when ready.

Firstafull i have to say that this Mod is really going to become very fine. I enjoy to play it !!

My problem : I just started a campaign with Poland VH/VH
    In the year 1090 when i end the round and the rebel faction is simulating is in progress the game always crashes down. I Cant go on playing my campaign

I already changed al Mansur into Rassul in that .txt data. So what can i do to avoide this crash ? I dont want to finish the campaign so early ^^

Thanks to everybody who tries to improve the Game and this Mod !

Quote Originally Posted by ELJAY View Post
    Firstafull i have to say that this Mod is really going to become very fine. I enjoy to play it !!

My problem : I just started a campaign with Poland VH/VH
    In the year 1090 when i end the round and the rebel faction is simulating is in progress the game always crashes down. I Cant go on playing my campaign

I already changed al Mansur into Rassul in that .txt data. So what can i do to avoide this crash ? I dont want to finish the campaign so early ^^

Thanks to everybody who tries to improve the Game and this Mod !
    That change is not save game compatible, did you changed the txt data before starting you campaign?

I changed it after my campaign started to crash

So a new campaign would run without crash ?

And plz m8 improve the Moors.