Thread: Minor Mod Combos

Default Minor Mod Combos

What combos have you been successful and happy with?

Default Re: Minor Mod Combos

I've been enjoying the Italiano Campaign AI togther with my own version of the No Borders minimap mod(descr_sm_factions.txt), as well as a character traits fix(export_descr_character_traits.txt) from a mod I can't recall the name of. Most recently added zxiang1983's animation fix for some of the two-handed units, even though I haven't used or encountered too many of such units yet. A number of custom battles showed me well enough that there were major problems for such units without a fix.

Furthermore I've edited descr_settlement_mechanics.xml to just slightly reduce the effect of squalor on city order, edited descr_diplomacy.xml to make factions who like you more likely to agree on sharing military access. If I get to the gunpowder age before i feel like starting a new campaign I'll want to somewhat tone down arquebus/musket by either lowering their range or their accuracy, whichever way proves to be the simplest.

From this you may guess that I prefer easy and specific fixes for things rather than going with one of the larger mods. I like being in control and tend do disagree with some of the design changes that I've seen in larger mods.
    Last edited by mkk; December 19, 2006 at 09:10 PM.

I have the bigmap late era mod, with shaba wangys diplomacy 1.4, the AI formations mod, the 2handed bug fix, and maybe some other[s] I dont remember.

Retired moderator of TWC
    | Under the patronage of Atterdag

I've been playing a campaign with the following mods and really enjoying it:

Anno Domini v0.9
    Shaba Wangy's v1.4
    Heraldry Mod v1.0
    2H Animation fix
    Olmsted's Princess fix

Cheers! dd

Latest campaign (Venice) is a bit of a frankenstein with MTW2 LiteMod 1YPT as basis but with these changes:

zxiang1983's animation fix and slightly adjusted EDU (Venetian archer and heavy inf. fixes, adjustments to 2h units along lines suggested by Godzilla in 2h animation thread)

CherryVanillaVnV fix
    Heraldry Mod
    ShabaWangy 1.4
    projectile/mount/battlefield movement files from latest Darthmod

Result is basically a super bug-fixer/tune up mod with one new and relatively minor addition (Heraldry mod)

Trajan's Avatar Capodecina

So far, LTC 1.21 w/ Big Map Extended 99i w/ SW Diplomacy 1.4 is working very well for me

I have two setups:

1: Spurius Big Map + Extended + Spurius' LTC 1.21 Fix + DariusEG Battle AI + Darth's battle speed fixes + SW Diplo 1.4 slightly edited

2: Darth Mod + SW Diplo slightly edited + Medifix VnV mod + Sinuhet's formations

I like the slower gameplay with bigmap and LTC more, but the AI turns tend to take a bit too long on my rig. Also the AI issues with slower building (they tend to field very, very basic armies for quite long) coupled with the tighter money that forces you to expand makes the game a bit too easy for human player.

At the moment on my computer setup 2 provies a better gameplay for my personal preferences. Should add a slower city growth to that though.

At first I disliked the vanilla (and Darth's) 2 years per turn but now it seems that will be the only setting I will ever see the more advanced units. I don't rush, I let the AI build up and in general try not to expand too much. Still, as I tend to quit the campaign as all challenges have gone, I haven't ever seen more advanced units than handgunners.
    Last edited by hammi; December 20, 2006 at 01:20 AM.

Siddyus's Avatar Biarchus

So far,

Shaba's diplomacy mod with LTC 1.2. I also changed LTC's 1 turn = 1year to 2 turns year.

Quote Originally Posted by Froggie5 View Post
    Latest campaign (Venice) is a bit of a frankenstein with MTW2 LiteMod 1YPT as basis but with these changes:

zxiang1983's animation fix and slightly adjusted EDU (Venetian archer and heavy inf. fixes, adjustments to 2h units along lines suggested by Godzilla in 2h animation thread)

CherryVanillaVnV fix
    Heraldry Mod
    ShabaWangy 1.4
    projectile/mount/battlefield movement files from latest Darthmod

Result is basically a super bug-fixer/tune up mod with one new and relatively minor addition (Heraldry mod)
    Hey dude. Where's the projectile/mount/battlefield movement files from latest Darthmod that you are using. I searched and only found his old RTW mods.

...thanks.
    'The Long Road Modification - v1.8' - made by tornnight (main Mod)
    Darth Formations M2TW Version 3.5 War Pack
    Darth Campaign-Diplomacy AI war pack 2.1
    Flavius_Maximus - farmland converted back to original landscape v1
    Flavius_Maximus MOD - descr_sm_resources v6

The subject of Iquizitors and the Inquizition.
    http://www.sermonaudio.com/sermoninf...nID=8140292317

Kushan's Avatar Artifex

Hey dude. Where's the projectile/mount/battlefield movement files from latest Darthmod that you are using. I searched and only found his old RTW mods
    Check out the MTWII hosted mods section for Darths forum.

Personally using:
    - Anno Domini Light
    - SW Diplomacy
    - Titles, Bishops, Princess, Privy Council Mod v1.2
    - DariusEGs Battle Mechanics v0.7

Kushan
    Under the patronage of Silver Guard

Huups, already answered above
    Last edited by Gen_Lee; December 20, 2006 at 02:09 PM.