Thread: Plea for a Tutorial

bk2-modder's Avatar Libertus

Default Plea for a Tutorial

After doing a lot of reading about research into ETW's region system before those threads died, as well as trawling some of the russian ETW modding forums and looking at your files, I must assume that you somehow enabled fort building in other regions to allow you to create pathfinding for the creation of new settlements, towns, and ports. I just want ask, request, plead, for anyone on this modding team to show the community how it is done, at least how forts can be constructed in wilderness, because perhaps then it would be possible for others to also achieve what you have achieved.

Default Re: Plea for a Tutorial

Quote Originally Posted by bk2-modder View Post
    After doing a lot of reading about research into ETW's region system before those threads died, as well as trawling some of the russian ETW modding forums and looking at your files, I must assume that you somehow enabled fort building in other regions to allow you to create pathfinding for the creation of new settlements, towns, and ports. I just want ask, request, plead, for anyone on this modding team to show the community how it is done, at least how forts can be constructed in wilderness, because perhaps then it would be possible for others to also achieve what you have achieved.
    I Clearly agree with you Bk But, I also have to say that i believe if the pathfinding of Border regions of the map can be renabled there will also be a possibillity to extend the map with regions and a new super texuture.

Lordsith's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

I would share my knowledge with pleasure if i could, but the author of this map says that it is even extremely hard to explain in russian, not to say in english.

Quote Originally Posted by Lordsith View Post
    I would share my knowledge with pleasure if i could, but the author of this map says that it is even extremely hard to explain in russian, not to say in english.
    How about trying to explain it in russian and someone translate's it

Lordsith's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

As i said the author of this map can't explain even in his native language! It so creepy work.

bk2-modder's Avatar Libertus

That's a shame, but I understand. Perhaps he could just release a resource pack that includes versions of the startpos + regions.esf/regions.pack so modders have a resource to create more mods based around the new regions? Anyways, how about explaining how he added new factions to the startpos? By that I mean that there are now factions in the startpos that weren't in the startpos before. Was it XML Editing? Sorry if I'm being annoying, I would just like to know. I tried some startpos editing to add the Powhatan into a startpos at one point, and it actually worked, but it would CTD on the first turn. I think I missed some CAI values.