Thread: Princess & marriage

Default Princess & marriage

I have a question about princess and marriage

żis it possible to wed a princess to a general or family member of another faction that is not faction leader or heir?

it's just that there are a lot of single princesses running around my kingdom and i'd like to marry some of them to a general or faction member of my own.

Narsils_Shards's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: Princess & marriage

Yes, it is a viable tactic to "steal" generals away from others, especially when they're good. If you visited the Medieval 2 hotseat forum, like the one we have here, you'd see that players will often marry a princess off to get a good general or to make bribing a fort or army easier. Should be careful though because there is a chance the princess will not bring the general over and will instead marry on different terms, meaning you lose the princess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Narsils_Shards View Post
    Yes, it is a viable tactic to "steal" generals away from others, especially when they're good. If you visited the Medieval 2 hotseat forum, like the one we have here, you'd see that players will often marry a princess off to get a good general or to make bribing a fort or army easier. Should be careful though because there is a chance the princess will not bring the general over and will instead marry on different terms, meaning you lose the princess.

Well, thanks but I was talking about the opposite, marrying foreign princesses to my generals and family member. I mean, they are single and the girls are running around my kingdom but my heir and faction leader are already wed. Is it possible?

Well, thanks but I was talking about the opposite, marrying foreign princesses to my generals and family member. I mean, they are single and the girls are running around my kingdom but my heir and faction leader are already wed. Is it possible?

Narsils_Shards's Avatar Campidoctor

Ahh, no I don't believe it is. It would probably be best to "stomp" them. Completely surround it with military units, then place one more in the center, killing them. Works on all agents, should only do it in single player.

Also watch out, marrying a faction heir to a princess could lose you your kingdom. If a king dies and the princess is married to the next in line of succession then the princess' kingdom is lost to the heir's faction (which is why this is always a "very demanding" diplomatic option. So if the British heir marries a French princess, then when the French king dies France becomes part of the British realm (this really happened but the French chose to ignore it). Also if you marry your generals to random princesses, you could lose them (and their armies/cities) to the faction that controls the princess.

UndrState's Avatar Centenarius

Quote Originally Posted by Sitalkes View Post
    Also watch out, marrying a faction heir to a princess could lose you your kingdom. If a king dies and the princess is married to the next in line of succession then the princess' kingdom is lost to the heir's faction (which is why this is always a "very demanding" diplomatic option. So if the British heir marries a French princess, then when the French king dies France becomes part of the British realm (this really happened but the French chose to ignore it).
    Pretty sure that's broken .

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...46-Inheritance

Quote Originally Posted by Sitalkes View Post
    Also if you marry your generals to random princesses, you could lose them (and their armies/cities) to the faction that controls the princess.
    Also , you just can't do this . No way to request or force a foreign princess to marry below your Faction Heir . If they decide to go for it , and are successful , then yes you lose them , without fail .

Side note- I never have princesses running around my realm, even though I occasionally say no to marriage proposals. How do you get princesses? I'd love to use them for marrying enemy generals.

Decanus

Quote Originally Posted by nsholmberg11 View Post
    Side note- I never have princesses running around my realm, even though I occasionally say no to marriage proposals. How do you get princesses? I'd love to use them for marrying enemy generals.
    As far as I know, princesses are spawned when daughters/sisters of your Faction leader/heir turn 16 (or 18 in the base game).

There's mods, such as Bellum Crucis, which make it possibile to "recruit" princesses (so that you can marry them to generals and family members) through the building of "Court" line buildings

baselhun's Avatar Civis

Can we make all daughters princesses instead of just kings daughter? ALso how to add princesses to other factions such as middle eastern ones?