Thread: RSIII "Falcata"

Default RSIII "Falcata"

Hi there, I'm playing a Gallaeci 0-turn in RS 3.1, yet i'm seeing something that is bothering me: the iberian scutari are holding spears instead of swords, and they thrust it like regular spearmen do, same happening to their lusitanian counterparts (scowhatever and ambakaro).

Is this a design choice or an outright bug? If so, how could i modify it for them to use short swords?

If there is a gameplay reason for this, i could get used to, but right now it feels wrong to have my infantry work as spearmen with javelins

Edit: Found the export_descr_unit, it looks like only regular scutarii are spearmen, the rest are using swords. Again, is this a bug or is it intended?
    Last edited by Zarcas; November 19, 2016 at 03:42 AM.

Saul Tyre's Avatar Senator

Default Re: RSIII "Falcata"

I think this is intended:::Scutari-Spears >Elite Scutari-Swords >Ambakaro-Swords >Gallaeci Elite-Swords >Celtibrian Caetrati-Swords...and don't forget to recruit Falarica-Swords & Flame javelins!!(great against elephants) this is another brilliant campaign to play.....btw Scortamareva are in EB 1.2 and are spear & javelin, hope this helps.
    Last edited by Saul Tyre; November 19, 2016 at 06:39 AM.
    My personality is who I am....my attitude depends on who you are!!!
    RTR: Imperium Surrectum Team Member/adviser/tester
    RTR Project Group member/RTR8_4.0 beta tester.
    RSII_WWC Team Member/tester.XC_5 Beta tester
    My TW youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/SaulTyre

Then it's an issue with the description of the unit, for the Iberian Scutarii, it tells they wield swords, that's why it confused me so much.

Yeah, i've played a campaign in RSII long ago, didn't finish it because reasons. The starting point for Gallaeci is weaker barracks-wise in RS3.1 which makes it even funnier

Saul Tyre's Avatar Senator

@ Zarcas:: In my Gallaeci campaign(on 2.6 h/h with large units), I conquered all the Iberian Peninsula, took the Balearic islands, Sardinia, Corsica, Sicily, Mauritania, Carthage and all the map east including Kypros until I reached the Parthian border, exit stage left, continued North until I conquered Albania, Arminia, west to Pontos, Kappadoccia then Pergamon in Asia Minor, Rhodos, Krete, across to Greece, Macedonia & Thraike before I took Illyria, Noricum, Rhatia & Cisalpine which were all controlled by the Romani, eventually taking Rome in 668 AUC, it was an epic campaign to say the least lol. I'm attempting to do it again as the Belgae (on 3.1 vh/vh large units) this time as my Let's Play (on youtube now, the link is below)
    Last edited by Saul Tyre; November 19, 2016 at 11:56 PM.
    My personality is who I am....my attitude depends on who you are!!!
    RTR: Imperium Surrectum Team Member/adviser/tester
    RTR Project Group member/RTR8_4.0 beta tester.
    RSII_WWC Team Member/tester.XC_5 Beta tester
    My TW youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/SaulTyre