Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: NTW3 v7.1 - Release Notes & Download Links

Icon4 NTW3 v7.1 - Release Notes & Download Links

New factions

• Septinsular Republic (10) : ionian islands under France's control from 1807 to 1814/1815, with Balkanic, Greek and French troops.
    • Mamelukes (15) : Bonaparte's main opponents from 1798 to 1801, with impressive light cavalry, heavy cavalry with plates and shields, and a feudal infantry mostly based on slaves and mercenaries.
    • Russian partisans and cossacks (14) : the "Maloya Voïna" fought separately from the Russian imperial army, causing up to 70% of the Grande Armée's casualties ; no regular infantry or cavalry, mainly a skirmishing and harassing army

Modified factions

• Ottomans were widely reshaped in order to better display the colonial and provincial variety.
    • Sweden has been redesisgned to match better its army in their war against Russia in 1809.
    • France's "armée d'Espagne" flag has been changed, to display Joseph Bonaparte's coat of arms.
    • Russia 1812's roster has fewer cossacks available.
    • Spanish cavalry is slightly stronger.
    • Factions from 6 to 12 in version 7.0 have been reevaluated, in version 7.1 the weakest are rated 9.

SP and MP campaigns

• We've updated the custom graphics with photo shop for better visual effects
    • Many of the historical General units from the MP mod have been added to the v71 SP Campaign mod:

Many of the naval fleets in the Mediterranean have been upgraded.
      The trade routes are also more crowded, leading to more unanticipated conflicts.

Historical battles and scenarios

• HB Elchingen and La Rothière modified.
    • Scenarios of Aboukir, Heliopolis and Pyramids include the new Mamelukes faction.
    • Scenario of Krasnoie includes new Russian partisans and cossacks faction.
    • New scenario : Paxos, during British invasion of the Septinsular Republic.

Stats

• Heavy cavalry's cost increase.
    • Foot artillery's cost decrease, especially 6-pounders.
    • Every unit's cost has been increased or decreased depending on its speed. This factor wasn't taken in consideration in previous versions (except for light infantry). There are six scales of speed. Within each scale the slower units are cheaper than faster ones. This will be displayed in each unit's name:
      • Standard infantry (elite, light, line, militia, irregulars): from L1 to L5
      • Grenadiers: from G1 to G3 (higher charging speed than standard infantry)
      • Skirmishers: from S1 to S2
      • Foot artillery: from F1 to F5
      • Horse artillery: from H1 to H3
      • Cavalry: from C1 to C9, heavy from C1 to C4, medium from C5 to C6, light from C7 to C8, nomads C9
      • ... and static units have their own void scale

User interface : faction selection
    Factions are now displayed in two distinct columns: France and its allies on one side, Coalition on the other. This sorts out the previous oversized dropdown menu. Ottomans have been put with the French as their main enemy during this era was Russia. So were the U.S.A. (because of U.K.) Saxony has the privilege to be on both sides, depending on their quickly-changing alliances.

Lordz recommend to build up alliances from the same column. It's not a rule or a code of conduct, just a recommendation.

The same UI alteration works with the regimental mod:

User interface : amount of units
    More than 20 units can now be selected. The limit has been capped to 27, it could change later. In the battle UI units' icons are automatically resized, including HBs and scenarions.

A 20-units army:

A 25-units army:

A 37-units army (from Waterloo scenario):

Beyond 40 units a second row is added. Here's a 70-units army (from Auerstaedt 3v1 scenario):

User interface : miscellaneous

• In-battle private chat's colour has been changed from the unreadable dark purple to red.
    • The increased mini-map is now 2.5 times larger

Download and installation

• Download main NTW3 v7.1 installer (1.95 Gb): http://www.mediafire.com/file/rgdf7v75ypb5vkt/NTW3-7.1-setup.exe
    • &
    • Download v7.1b patch (2.1 Mb): http://www.mediafire.com/file/r4ollz...7.1b-setup.exe
    • Check your anti-virus that it will accept the download and install our NTW3 mod
    • You don't need to install version 7.0 before.
    • Uninstall any previous version of NTW3.
    • Launch NTW3-7.1-setup.exe, choose your language (Polish not available).
    • Select NTW root directory (by default "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Napoleon Total War")
    • Wait casually during installation process.
    • Launch NTW3-7.1b-setup.exe, choose your language (Polish not available), select the same folder.
    • Launch the "NTW3 v7.1" shortcut on your desktop, or Napoleonic Total War III.exe

Mamelukes units translation

• 18 Banadiq Junayh = 18-pounders foot artillery
    • 9 Banadiq Junayh = 9-pounders foot artillery
    • Hawtzr = howitzers
    • Almidfaeiat Alhisar = siege cannons

• Almamalik Mutharika = heavily armored Mutharika mamelukes
    • Qassam Almamalik = light mamelukes brigade
    • Almamalik Almudraea = heavily armored mamelukes
    • Almamalik Almukhadram = veteran light mamelukes
    • Almamalik Daw' = light mamelukes squadron
    • Almamalik Sibahi = sipahi mamelukes
    • Almutatawwiein Sibahi = sipahi volunteers
    • Almisri Sibahi = Egyptian sipahis
    • Faris Alfaris = Persian cavalry
    • Alttanin Alllibia = Libyan recruit horsemen
    • Albdw Fursan = Beduin cavalry
    • Alrrumat Shannat min Alshrq = Levant horse archers

• Al'iinkushariat Alqahr Almusaeidin = veteran Cairo janissaries
    • Al'iinkushariat Alqahr = Cairo janissaries
    • Almisri Azap = Egyptian Azap troops
    • Aldrawysh = dervishes
    • Alfilastinia Almusaeidun = Palestinian auxiliaries
    • Alzzunuj Alrramah = black skirmishers
    • Mushat Albahria = marines
    • Almurtaziqat Alfarisia = Persian mercenaries
    • Albdw Qanasat = Beduin skirmishers
    • Alfurasan Alssuda' = black riflemen
    • Eealaa Al'ard = mameluke Toprakli skirmishers
    • Almurtaziqat fi Almaghrib Alearabi = Maghreb mercenaries
    • Falahin Alghawgha' = peasant horde
    • Almisri Almusaeidin = Egyptian auxiliaries
    • Falahin = peasants
    • Qatie min Aleabid = black slaves horde
    Last edited by Lord Davn; January 19, 2017 at 10:59 PM.
    TWC ✯ Co-founder & Admin The Wargaming Club

Default Re: NTW3 7.1 - Release Notes & Download Links

Installed and playing 7.1. During battle all the defenders are clumping together. I think the AI has a bug. I'm not sure how to grab a screen shot. I'm sure it's easy, but I've never done it.

MP campaign is not working, only loads Italy campaign and wont let me and my brother connect at menu(game not found). Any suggestions? We both only have NTW III mod installed.

mediafire link deleted. plz reupload

Uploading right now.

McScottish's Avatar The Scribbling Scotsman

Quote Originally Posted by swatkat View Post
    mediafire link deleted. plz reupload

And again.

Here you go gentlemen:

http://www.mediafire.com/?fdnac2fyipy6zdc

PS: first post updated.

Quote Originally Posted by McScottish View Post
    And again.
    thnx

Greetings Lordz! Why wont it allow me to play historical battles??? In the instructions it says select "scenario" not "land battles" but there is no "scenario" option. for example I ll selct the battle of Jena from the NTWIII manager i ll sect 'historical battles" than choose Jena than it loads up and the only options are land battles sieges or naval battles. So how do I get to historical battles...??

Napoli, Scenarios are not available in the single player menu not even for vanilla. Use the multiplayer menu to select scenario battles and you can just play against AI. Hope this helped.

Mp campaign is still not available ? for me it's actually the same of V7.

Kinggeorge's Avatar Laetus

For some strange reason when I use the launcher and press the option I wish to launch an error comes up with Unhandled expectation has occurred in your application. If I press Continue nothing happens and if I press Quit it closes the program and the mod never launches.
    I am using a clean install of Napoleon Total War and have followed all mod installation instructions as written. Any idea how to help me conquer this?

I am afraid I have the sme problems that Kinggeorge is having. It has something to do with the pathway, and I have no idea on how to fix it.

Had to delete this one. May try again once you've ironed out you AI wrinkles.

Default 7.1 UI Hotfix released.

All 7.1 Users need to install this hotfix file.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/r4ollzox90835ua/NTW3-7.1b-setup.exe

Just download and run.

The file contains a GUI fix for low resolution and blocking a glitch used by some to take more than 27 units, some SP files changes and reduced numbers in the Mameluke peasant units to reduce possible lag from huge armies.

Just download and run.

The file contains a GUI fix for low resolution and blocking a glitch used by some to take more than 27 units, some SP files changes and reduced numbers in the Mameluke peasant units to reduce possible lag from huge armies.

Just download and run.

But does it solve the clumping up of the AI defending units? Playing the SP campaign when engaging in a battle, I'm seeing all of the defending units in one really stupid clump. I believe Bran experienced this and was able to solve it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinggeorge View Post
    For some strange reason when I use the launcher and press the option I wish to launch an error comes up with Unhandled expectation has occurred in your application. If I press Continue nothing happens and if I press Quit it closes the program and the mod never launches.
    I am using a clean install of Napoleon Total War and have followed all mod installation instructions as written. Any idea how to help me conquer this?
    I have fix, potentially. Have a similar error, I noticed that when installing the game creates a new directory so it becomes /common/Napoleon Total War/Napoleon Total War/

So I merely copied all the files from the directory and dumped it back to the main foled

i.e.

I moved all files from /Napoleon Total War/Napoleon Total War

to

/common/Napoleon Total War

You can copy and paste as well, it seems to work either way. Devs, be aware that changing up paths in installer, creates this.

Default *I*I*I*Cannot join games (Game closed)*I*I*I*

So i tried joining a game and even though its white it still won't let me join. What can be the problem? (The circle to the left is red)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast