Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What do you like the most about Attila Total War?

bigdaddy1204's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: What do you like the most about Attila Total War?

A good feature of Attila is that now if a faction runs out of money/food their armies suffer attrition until completely destroyed. In previous games armies could exist indefinitely even if there was no way that faction could have supported them (upkeep, food).
    Quote Originally Posted by Adar View Post
    I am quite impressed by the fact that you managed to make such a rant but still manage to phrase it in such a way that it is neither relevant to the thread nor to the topic you are trying to introduce to the thread.

y2day's Avatar TWC STORE NOW OPEN!
    Content Emeritus spy of the council

Default Re: What do you like the most about Attila Total War?

Quote Originally Posted by Jurand of Cracow View Post
    could you describe in details what do you mean? Actually, I find the ATW system quite unwieldy and irrelevant (unless you've got Honorius with problems at the beginning - but then a couple of battles is enough to get you out of troubles). The ATW-AoC is even more irrelevant (even if AoC is much better than ATW).

Byg was the most ingenious historically-true moder I've seen. His systems are still very playable even if the mods move a bit forward - you may check SSHIP, perhaps the next version when it will be out (couple of weeks, I hope, or at least this year).
    Byg is a good friend and really missed. I miss all those guys from back in the day....

Anyway, Ive been away from TWC for a while but recently bought Attila as I skipped it originally. I haven't played enough to nail down what I like more about Attila than other TW titles but will try to remember to post again after i make some time to play. Just wanted to thank those that have posted their thoughts. I do like the family tree and battle wariness or whatever its called...

y

TWC Graphics Workshop Art Competition!!!
    MEMBER OF THE IMPERIAL HOUSE OF HADER

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12