Thread: arena is coming back it looks like

Default arena is coming back it looks like

Looks like it's alive! Hopefully WG does not mess it up.

https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/187185/wargaming-to-publish-arena

Default Re: arena is coming back it looks like

What's the difference.

Sail your ship as part of a fleet. Devs previously worked on: Darthmod, World of Warplanes, World of Tanks, RaceRoom, IL2-Sturmovik, Metro, STALKER and many other great games..

It was always going coming back but we're still no where close.

The publisher is wargaming alliance. Which seems to be related to wargaming.net who do the WORLD OF (tanks, warships, warplanes) series. Sega\CA seem to have sold the rights to total war arena and have committed to giving the tools to wargaming alliance to make the game. This will be the only title that will have little to do with Sega or CA it seems. Something to look forward or be scared of. We will see soon I guess. To me it sounds like a departure from total war and into the depths of poor graphics and poor gamey game mechanics. I thought arena had it right in most respects. Right for casual but still fairly historical gameplay. But I fear this may be a bridge too far.
    http://totalwararena.com/

https://forums.totalwar.com/discussi...r-arena#latest

Sail your ship as part of a fleet. Devs previously worked on: Darthmod, World of Warplanes, World of Tanks, RaceRoom, IL2-Sturmovik, Metro, STALKER and many other great games..

Well there has been one weekend BETA and it looks like another one may be scheduled for the 16.12.16 or so.

I alpha-beta'd Warships and if its going to be run by the same people one thing you can expect is absolutely ridiculous prices on purchasable units. Warships was pretty fun, until they nerfed DDs into stupidity right after release and then started adding various ships for like $50 a piece. Complete joke. A pixel item valued higher than the actual game itself. I actually really liked the game, so I'm not upset w/the actual ownership, it was fun. I would of stuck w/it, but decision making-greed-general hamfisting the community w/various things soured me. Glad the game (Arena) itself IS being worked on though. I thought it was a pretty fun, and pretty polished alpha game.

Yeah well DDs are still effective at higher levels as well as lower gor good players. Cruisers are the weak rarely played vulnerable ships.
    As for DDs I wish the player had a number of lives or a squadron of ships. Because dds still dominate in a completely unrealistic way. Sometimes at higher tiers they fire combined torpedoe salvos numbering more than fleet reserves would be able to resupply them. Hell it wad rare to even have reloads on historical dds. Except in the Japanese factions case where I belief their was one reload only.