Page 3 of 78 FirstFirst 123456789101112132853 ... LastLast

Thread: Announcement: Europa Barbarorum II 2.2r released!

Default Re: Announcement: Europa Barbarorum II 2.2d released!

Well it seems that this newest version is better for factions that starts off large. Seleukids carthage and Ptolemies are dominating with more troops and income. However, in the c patch liked more that smaller factions had more chances and a lot more troops. Now Nabatu Numidia Pergamon and Pontos are being crushed. It is only turn 150 as Saba and i have 6 cities and don't wanna fight those "giants". Since that is absurd.

Quote Originally Posted by bordinis View Post
    Well it seems that this newest version is better for factions that starts off large. Seleukids carthage and Ptolemies are dominating with more troops and income. However, in the c patch liked more that smaller factions had more chances and a lot more troops. Now Nabatu Numidia Pergamon and Pontos are being crushed. It is only turn 150 as Saba and i have 6 cities and don't wanna fight those "giants". Since that is absurd.
    Likely caused by the removal of the recruitment limitation script - that will be back in 2.2e.

However, the return of "one province, five full stacks" shouldn't be back with the new finance script.

That's good to know, thank you. Also will the cavalry for Saba see the future someday?;D

Quote Originally Posted by bordinis View Post
    That's good to know, thank you. Also will the cavalry for Saba see the future someday?;D
    I should add, the best feedback is screenshots of your minimap.

Saba have some cavalry - they get access to the Bedouins. Otherwise, it's camelry and whatever they can get from the north or other cultures. They're not a horse people.

Great job on the new version!
    I don't remember ever losing so many battles in a TW game (in customs as well)!
    Love the changes in unit performance, both the new animations for melee units and the more letal/less accurate missiles!

Btw: Nabatu's coastal trade settlements (at least for Rekem) offer trade bonus but no trading fleet. Is it supposed to be that way? In turn 46 income for Rekem is farm 420 (poor harvest), taxes 502 and trade 209 (TR with Ptolomies and Saba).
    Last edited by LusitanianWolf; November 15, 2016 at 03:37 PM.

(sorry for double post)

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    I should add, the best feedback is screenshots of your minimap.

Saba have some cavalry - they get access to the Bedouins. Otherwise, it's camelry and whatever they can get from the north or other cultures. They're not a horse people.
    What about the Nabatu? In the unit descriptions says that horses are rare in Arabia but they start with lots of cavalry and the arab rebels even with more. Are that cavalry numbers placeholder for camels?

Biarchus

I'm having an experience with Rome office traits that seems a little different than usual.

I apologize ahead of time for spelling of latin words.

I'm 60 turns in and I thought there was usually more activity regarding roman offices.
    I have had no FM's die at all and currently have around 10 FM's.

I have eligible for quaester but I don't have any quaestors. Not sure why.
    I have eligible for aedelis and ex aedelis but no Aedelis.

I got 2 praetors in the first several turns but after losing imperium they have not gone eligible for praetor or consul as seemed typical in the past. They are both in their 40's.
    I have had 0 consuls to date and have no one eligible for consul which is odd since I have at least 3 that I believe should be eligible. Based on past playing experience.
    60 turns, 3 FM's (2 former Praetors)over 40 and nobody eligible for consul?....

When I first started the campaign, my heir had Imperium. He lost it eventually and turned into the FL but again, in the 50 turns since he lost Imperium he has not been eligible for Consul or Praetor so hasn't got it again. He's roughly 50 years old now.

Am I crazy?
    Has the team made deliberate changes to the offices?
    Or is something wrong?

I haven't touched the offices, personally. The only thing I could think causing an issue here is that I disabled anti-traits(they don't work in M2TW)--though I'm unsure how that could have caused this. I have not altered any of the Roman triggers though.

Metaluis90's Avatar Ordinarius

Hummer, have you put your eligible FM in Rome during winter?
    "Rules without exceptions last eternally; Roman Law is the only law"
    "The mighty sword in mighty Roman hands"

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

No, that would require a lot of additional large files, you'll have to wait for 2.3 for those. The primary purpose of this patch is to see how the AI progresses, not make sieges smoother.
    Thank you for the quick reply. You just saved me a lot of time, effort, headaches and heartache. I'm playing MOS right now anyway, so I shall wait for the release of v. 2.3.

Has anyone had success running 2.2d2 on Feral Interactive's MacOS port? 2.2b runs fine (I even reinstalled to make sure). When trying to run 2.2d2 it gets as far as the main menu (an improvement over 2.2c!) but crashes when I select Grand Campaign. I would attach an error log but have not figured out how to create one on the MacOS. Any help with this would also be appreciated.

Thanks, Caymus

MOS? Heresy. What you are looking for is PCP

On-topic, somehow my install dir was screwed:

Code:
     rewrite data/ui/units/f_all/#iberian_cavalry_client.tga (83%)
     rewrite data/ui/units/f_all/#iberian_infantry_caetratii.tga (98%)
     create mode 100644 data/unit_models/_units/eb_aspidiotai_hippeis/textures/eb_aspidiotai.texture
     create mode 100644 data/unit_models/_units/eb_aspidiotai_hippeis/textures/eb_aspidiotai_normal.texture
     rewrite data/unit_models/_units/eb_indian_lancer/textures/eb_indian_lancer.texture (75%)
     create mode 100644 data/unit_models/_units/eb_officer_arabian/officer_nabatu_cav_lod0.mesh
     create mode 100644 data/unit_models/_units/eb_officer_arabian/officer_nabatu_cav_lod1.mesh
    Among MANY more changes, there's a missing texture, for one. I installed 2.2b fresh into a separate directory, patched it to 2.2d2, then compared it to my live tree and I had somehow lost or changed a number of files. Copied over the pristine one and now I have a perfectly working 2.2d2.

So if anyone else has this 'can't start' wonkiness, just erase your EB2 folder entirely (if you're ready to give up on your saves) and do a fresh install from 2.2b. The EDU update isn't needed because it's contained within 2.2d2 with further edits anyway.

Genghis, Hummer: I did a quick 4 turn 2.2d2 playthrough as SPQR and I got both my eligible Quaestor and my eligible Praetor elected to their respective offices, complete with Imperium for the new Praetor. It's more likely to be an install issue or perhaps you did not actually place your generals in Roma during the Winter turn and leave them there when you press end turn. You'd see them (most likely) getting elected to office at the start of the next turn in the Faction Announcements popup. If not, try a completely fresh install.

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

Quote Originally Posted by myarta View Post
    MOS? Heresy. What you are looking for is PCP
    Not every day that someone casually suggests I start doing angel dust.

Biarchus

All FM's are in Rome. I know how the system works. I've spent hundreds of hours as Rome. I just had another FM turn 37 and he got the eligible for preator trait. So that is good.

However, as I mentioned before I still have 2 FM's in Rome over 40 and another outside of Rome over 40. 2 have had Praetor previously. Usually as soon as they lose praetor, they get the "eligible for praetor or consul" trait even if they aren't in Rome. I'm still not seeing that for these 3 FM's. Something strange.

Aren't they propraetors? After their praetor year, they will become propraetors for 5 years. Until that expires, they cannot become consuls.

Biarchus

That's been long expired for these FM's. They should have Imperium for 20 turns I believe with Praetor and propraetor. Their Imperium has been relinquished. I know how the system works. Strangely enough my current FL doesn't have the Imperium or Imperium relinquished trait. That makes no sense to me as every Roman FM has one or the other. Perhaps myarta is correct and my install has somehow become corrupt. I was wondering if someone else would report something similar to this.

Rilder's Avatar Miles

It's one click of a button when you've highlighted all the units concerned before you start deploying.
    I'm sure its something I could in theory get used to, but oh well, I can just screw around with the EDU to make this more comfortable to myself.
    Last edited by Rilder; November 16, 2016 at 01:26 AM.

Raiuga's Avatar Civis

Hello,

Why is the strait of Gibraltar passable without the need of boats now?

Also playing in H/H and after 2 years all factions made a ceasefire amongst others and there is no war!

Quote Originally Posted by Raiuga View Post
    Hello,

Why is the strait of Gibraltar passable without the need of boats now?

Also playing in H/H and after 2 years all factions made a ceasefire amongst others and there is no war!
    Because we put a land-bridge there. We also removed the one from the "toe" of Italy to Sicily.

Give it time, it won't stay that way.