Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Fellow religionists. The non-affiliated and secular people mean our religions no harm. Why do you choose to kill them?

Default Re: Fellow religionists. The non-affiliated and secular people mean our religions no harm. Why do you choose to kill them?

Gnostic Christian Bishop.. all you quoted was Old Testament. Jesus was Crucified in part for uhm.. questioning the Old Testament Draconian parts. They were eventually dissolved away thanks to his Messianic (Christian) movement.

Do you not realize the Great Irony of your rant?

Also Hebrew background would be more adequate. There was no Talmud back then.
    It will be seen that, as used, the word ‘Fascism’ is almost entirely meaningless. In conversation, of course, it is used even more wildly than in print. I have heard it applied to farmers, shopkeepers, Social Credit, corporal punishment, fox-hunting, bull-fighting, the 1922 Committee, the 1941 Committee, Kipling, Gandhi, Chiang Kai-Shek, homosexuality, Priestley's broadcasts, Youth Hostels, astrology, women, dogs and I do not know what else.

-George Orwell

basics's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Default Re: Fellow religionists. The non-affiliated and secular people mean our religions no harm. Why do you choose to kill them?

Gnostic Christian Bishop,

All that you have quoted are requirements for man who as individuals are responsible for their own actions. As none are righteous before God and all fall short of that righteousness Who then but God Himself should make provision for the change required in man's nature if he or she is to enter heaven? It meant that each person when taken by death unless God has interceded, all die as sinners and have no way into heaven. As blood is the price for sin God sent His own Son Jesus Christ into the world as a man so that His sinlessness could pay all that the Laws required. Jesus stood in for me on that cross as well as millions of others and all we had to do was believe that He did by expressing with our mouths that He did and believing in our hearts that He did. That's how much love He had for me and all those others so what is immoral about that?

Every year nations celebrate all those that died in the service of their country meaning that they gave of themselves so that we could live on here on the earth. It didn't offer us enntry to heaven yet we still celebrate their sacrifice. When Jesus Christ did it suddenly all opposition breaks out as though the very idea was ridiculous. It's immoral that our Creator should and could do such a thing, why? If you don't mind going to hell well, that's your problem. You'll have all eternity to cry out immorality to God Who will turn a deaf ear to your cries. For me and the likes of me will enjoy an existence we can only dream of at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by fkizz View Post
    Gnostic Christian Bishop.. all you quoted was Old Testament. Jesus was Crucified in part for uhm.. questioning the Old Testament Draconian parts. They were eventually dissolved away thanks to his Messianic (Christian) movement.

Do you not realize the Great Irony of your rant?

Also Hebrew background would be more adequate. There was no Talmud back then.
    If there was the Jesus you are talking about, I agree that that Jesus was anti organized religions of the more literal type. His God was within him just as ours is within us.

Quote Originally Posted by basics View Post

All that you have quoted are requirements for man who as individuals are responsible for their own actions. As none are righteous before God and all fall short of that righteousness Who then but God Himself should make provision for the change required in man's nature if he or she is to enter heaven? It meant that each person when taken by death unless God has interceded, all die as sinners and have no way into heaven. As blood is the price for sin God sent His own Son Jesus Christ into the world as a man so that His sinlessness could pay all that the Laws required. Jesus stood in for me on that cross as well as millions of others and all we had to do was believe that He did by expressing with our mouths that He did and believing in our hearts that He did. That's how much love He had for me and all those others so what is immoral about that?

Every year nations celebrate all those that died in the service of their country meaning that they gave of themselves so that we could live on here on the earth. It didn't offer us enntry to heaven yet we still celebrate their sacrifice. When Jesus Christ did it suddenly all opposition breaks out as though the very idea was ridiculous. It's immoral that our Creator should and could do such a thing, why? If you don't mind going to hell well, that's your problem. You'll have all eternity to cry out immorality to God Who will turn a deaf ear to your cries. For me and the likes of me will enjoy an existence we can only dream of at the moment.
    If you think that most of us are less righteous than your genocidal son murderer, you are sadly mistaken. Most of us have better morals than you prick of a demiurge.

Would you torture and kill a baby for being angry with the father as your God did with King David?

Not likely so that make even you more righteous than your vile demiurge.

If you would emulate your God or forgive him for torturing and killing innocent babies, then you show how your religion has corrupted your morality.

Regards
    DL
    Last edited by Gnostic Christian Bishop; April 19, 2017 at 09:56 AM.

First off Jesus picked out a people to be Holy, to carry His words through all the escapades that He took them through and despite their weaknesses here we find them sitting in the land that He promised them surrounded as usual by peoples who want them eradicated. That's your genocide. Because of their unfaithfulness and disbleief He stripped them from off His Vine and made the promises available to all mankind.

As for little babies they are not innocent simply because sin is inherent in them too. As Jesus said, my words, " we are conceived in sin." If you are a parent then you'll know how exaspirating it is bringing up a child whose instincts are to do the opposite to what you want of them. No matter how much one puts in to that when they are grown up they still have this tendency to believe that they don't need guidance or even teaching in many cases. When was the last time you thanked your father and mother for all that they have done for you?

First off Jesus picked out a people to be Holy, to carry His words through all the escapades that He took them through and despite their weaknesses here we find them sitting in the land that He promised them surrounded as usual by peoples who want them eradicated. That's your genocide. Because of their unfaithfulness and disbleief He stripped them from off His Vine and made the promises available to all mankind.

As for little babies they are not innocent simply because sin is inherent in them too. As Jesus said, my words, " we are conceived in sin." If you are a parent then you'll know how exaspirating it is bringing up a child whose instincts are to do the opposite to what you want of them. No matter how much one puts in to that when they are grown up they still have this tendency to believe that they don't need guidance or even teaching in many cases. When was the last time you thanked your father and mother for all that they have done for you?
    You have to recognize how corrupted your morals have been formed by Christianity when you can say babies are sinners who deserve to be murdered.

If you cannot then ---- go smash some baby heads on stonesas your God dictates, or torture them for 6 days before finally killing them the way your God does.

Regards
    DL

Quote Originally Posted by Gnostic Christian Bishop View Post
    You have to recognize how corrupted your morals have been formed by Christianity when you can say babies are sinners who deserve to be murdered.

If you cannot then ---- go smash some baby heads on stonesas your God dictates, or torture them for 6 days before finally killing them the way your God does.

Regards
    DL

If there is one thing I can say in your favour it is the fact that you are a good trier no matter how wrong you get. God had Moses write down all that He wanted us to know regarding our position on this planet and after Jesus' crucifixion and resurrection had other authors who were witness to the events fill in the gaps thus making Scripture complete for our benefit. It is quite clear that you don't quite get that or as Scripture tells us why you cannot get it. So, carry on as it keeps me busy replying to you whilst others don't.

Regards
    DL
    That's a very forced villanization of the opposing side for no good reason.

You do realize that in Christianity the "weightcenter" is on New Testament, right?
    It will be seen that, as used, the word ‘Fascism’ is almost entirely meaningless. In conversation, of course, it is used even more wildly than in print. I have heard it applied to farmers, shopkeepers, Social Credit, corporal punishment, fox-hunting, bull-fighting, the 1922 Committee, the 1941 Committee, Kipling, Gandhi, Chiang Kai-Shek, homosexuality, Priestley's broadcasts, Youth Hostels, astrology, women, dogs and I do not know what else.

-George Orwell

If there is one thing I can say in your favour it is the fact that you are a good trier no matter how wrong you get. God had Moses write down all that He wanted us to know regarding our position on this planet and after Jesus' crucifixion and resurrection had other authors who were witness to the events fill in the gaps thus making Scripture complete for our benefit. It is quite clear that you don't quite get that or as Scripture tells us why you cannot get it. So, carry on as it keeps me busy replying to you whilst others don't.
    Here I am talking of morals, so instead of trying to improve or even defend them, you deflect to an imaginary biblical character.

That's a very forced villanization of the opposing side for no good reason.

You do realize that in Christianity the "weightcenter" is on New Testament, right?
    Wrong.

Christians, with their ridiculous Trinity concept have tied the old to the new.

You might have seen our friend speak of Moses just above. Moses is in the old.

Christian morality is corrupt thanks to how they read scriptures and it is our duty to try to help them.

Regards
    DL
    Last edited by alhoon; April 26, 2017 at 12:35 AM.

The strangest thing about your argument is that Moses foretold of Jesus Christ as did the other prophets. Peter wrote that only by Spiritual insight can the Scriptures be read and understood properly so where does that place you since you don't believe even the most fundamental points of both Old and New Testaments?

The strangest thing about your argument is that Moses foretold of Jesus Christ as did the other prophets. Peter wrote that only by Spiritual insight can the Scriptures be read and understood properly so where does that place you since you don't believe even the most fundamental points of both Old and New Testaments?
    Moses was a special case. He is the only living person who could write of his death after he died.

Common pal, only fools would believe in a real Moses.

I do follow some of the fundamental precepts of scriptures. Just not your picks.

I especially follow the following.
    Proverbs 3:12 For whom the Lord loveth he correcteth; evenas a father the son in whom he delighteth.
    1 Thessalonians 5:21 Test all things; hold fast what isgood.

Care to test whether or not your God is an immoral prick?

We can start with the King David story.

I also like and live these quotes.

Matthew 6:22 The light of the body is the eye: if thereforethine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light.

John 14:23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man loveme, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come untohim, and make our abode with him.

Romans 8:29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinateto be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn amongmany brethren.

Jesus would say this of you.

Luke 11:52 Woe unto you, lawyers! for ye have taken away thekey of knowledge: ye entered not in yourselves, and them that were entering inye hindered.

Mark 7:13 Making the word of God of none effect through yourtradition, which ye have delivered: and many such like things do ye.

You are hindering me with your poor morals and love of a genocidal son murdering God.

Regards
    DL

He is the only living person but he was not real? Would you care to read chapter and verse before jumping on single sentences for the purpose of taking them out of context? Put each quote into its context and see the difference. I doubt very much that you live by any of these quotes as your mind supercedes anything that is written.

He is the only living person but he was not real?

Who said any such thing?

Your phrasing shows how conflicted your thinking is.

Not too surprising since you adore a God who uses genocide.

Regards
    DL

Wrong.
    Christians, with their ridiculous Trinity concept have tied the old to the new.
    You might have seen our friend speak of Moses just above. Moses is in the old.
    Christian morality is corrupt thanks to how they read scriptures and it is our duty to try to help them.
    Regards
    DL
    Christianity center is not Moses, albeit he is a character of contextual importance. When you say "it is linked to the Old" regarding Trinity, no offense but if you think trinity is suposed to include Moses as a Divinity, you are totally confused. Basics meant that OT is full of foretelling Messiah (Christ) until it eventually happens. Then NT goes on.

There's a religion that gives Moses more importance than Christianism.. like (modern) Judaism (assuming Torah is read) for example.
    Last edited by fkizz; April 27, 2017 at 05:00 PM.

-George Orwell

Who said any such thing?

Your phrasing shows how conflicted your thinking is.

Not too surprising since you adore a God who uses genocide.

You did in post 70. Perhaps your problem is that you're using two brains without coordinating either.

Regards
    DL

Christianity center is not Moses, albeit he is a character of contextual importance. When you say "it is linked to the Old" regarding Trinity, no offense but if you think trinity is suposed to include Moses as a Divinity, you are totally confused. Basics meant that OT is full of foretelling Messiah (Christ) until it eventually happens. Then NT goes on.

There's a religion that gives Moses more importance than Christianism.. like (modern) Judaism (assuming Torah is read) for example.
    Sigh. Nowhere do I say Moses has anything to do with the Trinity.

The only connection they might have is that they are both mythical constructs.

============

Basic.

Note the brain dead sentence you put.

"He is the only living person but he was not real?"

Regards
    DL
    Last edited by Gnostic Christian Bishop; April 28, 2017 at 10:23 AM.

From the flood man began to imitate the Gospel that was carried by Noah and Shem into the new world and the first imitation of that was Ninus, Semiramis and the dove as its trinity. If one reads Hislop's Two Babylons one will get a grasp of that and of how it spread into many religions that began to appear. From out of that appeared Abraham to take on the mantle of Justification by Faith setting up his people to become the Jews or a Holy nation which they failed miserably at but not altogether as some still adhered to the Gospel.

Moses was chosen to be the prophet who led the captive Israelites out of their bondage not only to the Egyptians but also the gods that they began to follow or give credence to. The Ten Commandments were delivered to him by angels for the benefit of righting the wrongs that the Israelites had fallen into and along with natural law they stand as strong as they did then. He foretold of Jesus as Jesus confirmed so like all the other prophets he has been proved right by the ensuing events that were to happen some centuries later.

Now lastly, the so-called brain dead sentence was a compilation of what you said in post 70. In one sentence you said " he is the only living person......" In the next sentence you said " He was not real " How could he be living yet not real?

Regards
    DL
    I'm a Christian and never once considered killing babies. Nor can I recall God instructing me to do so.

From the flood
    Thanks for sharing your fantasy.

Let me know if you with to discuss real things.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain357 View Post
    I'm a Christian and never once considered killing babies. Nor can I recall God instructing me to do so.
    Are you to emulate your God? Yes you are.
    Matthew 5:48 Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Fatherwhich is in heaven is perfect.

God had Jews smash babies heads against stones, and he himself tortured King David's baby for 6 days before finally killing it.

If you do not condemn your God for such actions, then you are condoning them and are therefore of the same immoral mind set as your God.

If you would condemn a man for doing so but not your God, then you have corrupted your morality with a double standard.

Thoughts.

Regards
    DL

12 The Lord sent Nathan to David. When he came to David, he said, “There were two men in a city. One was rich, but the other was poor. 2 The rich man had many sheep and cattle. 3 But the poor man had nothing except one little female lamb he had bought. The poor man fed the lamb, and it grew up with him and his children. It shared his food and drank from his cup and slept in his arms. The lamb was like a daughter to him.

4 “Then a traveler stopped to visit the rich man. The rich man wanted to feed the traveler, but he didn’t want to take one of his own sheep or cattle. Instead, he took the lamb from the poor man and cooked it for his visitor.”

5 David became very angry at the rich man. He said to Nathan, “As surely as the Lord lives, the man who did this should die! 6 He must pay for the lamb four times for doing such a thing. He had no mercy!”

7 Then Nathan said to David, “You are the man! This is what the Lord, the God of Israel, says: ‘I appointed you king of Israel and saved you from Saul. 8 I gave you his kingdom and his wives. And I made you king of Israel and Judah. And if that had not been enough, I would have given you even more. 9 So why did you ignore the Lord’s command? Why did you do what he says is wrong? You killed Uriah the Hittite with the sword of the Ammonites and took his wife to be your wife! 10 Now there will always be people in your family who will die by a sword, because you did not respect me; you took the wife of Uriah the Hittite for yourself!’

11 “This is what the Lord says: ‘I am bringing trouble to you from your own family. While you watch, I will take your wives from you and give them to someone who is very close to you. He will have sexual relations with your wives, and everyone will know it. 12 You had sexual relations with Bathsheba in secret, but I will do this so all the people of Israel can see it.’”

13 Then David said to Nathan, “I have sinned against the Lord.”

Nathan answered, “The Lord has taken away your sin. You will not die. 14 But what you did caused the Lord’s enemies to lose all respect for him. For this reason the son who was born to you will die.”

15 Then Nathan went home. And the Lord caused the son of David and Bathsheba, Uriah’s widow, to be very sick. 16 David prayed to God for the baby. David fasted and went into his house and stayed there, lying on the ground all night. 17 The elders of David’s family came to him and tried to pull him up from the ground, but he refused to get up or to eat food with them.

18 On the seventh day the baby died. David’s servants were afraid to tell him that the baby was dead. They said, “Look, we tried to talk to David while the baby was alive, but he refused to listen to us. If we tell him the baby is dead, he may do something awful.”

19 When David saw his servants whispering, he knew that the baby was dead. So he asked them, “Is the baby dead?”

They answered, “Yes, he is dead.”

20 Then David got up from the floor, washed himself, put lotions on, and changed his clothes. Then he went into the Lord’s house to worship. After that, he went home and asked for something to eat. His servants gave him some food, and he ate.

21 David’s servants said to him, “Why are you doing this? When the baby was still alive, you fasted and you cried. Now that the baby is dead, you get up and eat food.”

22 David said, “While the baby was still alive, I fasted, and I cried. I thought, ‘Who knows? Maybe the Lord will feel sorry for me and let the baby live.’ 23 But now that the baby is dead, why should I fast? I can’t bring him back to life. Someday I will go to him, but he cannot come back to me.”

24 Then David comforted Bathsheba his wife. He slept with her and had sexual relations with her. She became pregnant again and had another son, whom David named Solomon. The Lord loved Solomon. 25 The Lord sent word through Nathan the prophet to name the baby Jedidiah,[a] because the Lord loved the child.

So, you simplified it to make a case for yourself yet when one reads the overall context it's quite a different story. Now, as for the flood, almost every culture on the planet has a record of the flood handed down throughout the centuries but as usual GCB says it's fantasy. Therefore once again it is GCB's word against the word of God. We all know Who is going to win that one too.

Himster's Avatar Praeses

Quote Originally Posted by Captain357 View Post
    Maybe you weren't listening hard enough.
    Plenty of people hear the voice of God commanding them to burn things and hunt homosexuals with crossbows and all sorts of wacky fun stuff. Who are you to invalidate their experiences of the will of God?
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are so certain of themselves, but wiser people are full of doubts.
    -Betrand Russell

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast