Thread: TATW 3.2 with MOS 1.7 patch 5 hotseat possible?

Default TATW 3.2 with MOS 1.7 patch 5 hotseat possible?

Hello guys,

I'm going to play a TATW hotseat campain with some friends and I want to play the MOS 1.7 Mod. So I read a llittle threw the forum and in some posts there are comments like: MOS is not playable in hotseat mode, because of breaking down the game.
    My questtion is:

- Is it possible to play MOS 1.7 hotseat?
    - Which submods are going to break the game?
    - does someone have experience with MOS hotseat?

Greetings
    Axxus

Default Re: TATW 3.2 with MOS 1.7 patch 5 hotseat possible?

I would love to know too. My interest is mainly because I would like to play as the elves, all 3 factions, against the A.I.

♔atthias♔'s Avatar dutch speaking
    Citizen

no AFAIK due the scripts
    Rise of Mordor 3D Modelers Wanted
    Total War - Rise of Mordor
    Are you a 3D Environment and Character artist, or a Character Animator?

If yes, then the Rise of Mordor team linked above is looking for you!
    Massive Overhaul Submod Units!
    D you want some units back in MOS 1.7? Install this mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...n-1-1-RELEASED
    It adds back units who were deleted from the campaign in MOS 1.7, namely the Winged Swordsmen, the Citadel Guard Archers and the Gondor Dismounted Bodyguard.

Under the proud patronage of
    Frunk of the house of Siblesz

It may not actually crash (maybe just scripts kicking in every turn instead of just once all game) but almost all the scripts, even just the simple historic event scripts that show pictures and text and do nothing else were not designed for hotseat in vanilla or any submods that I know of. Plus there a few other things that need doing for it to work like a single player game, even basic things like being able to actually fight battles needs things to be added to work as desired in hotseat.

Edit; Well there is one submod I know of that is hotseat compatible, but it is super secret, to even speak of it would bring great shame upon my household, so I can't tell you.
    Last edited by alreadyded; June 20, 2017 at 03:34 AM.

Thanks for the answers! I am checking that super secret mod and I am liking it very much