Thread: Why do I lose Ghulams/Ghulam Cav after heavy mail?

Default Why do I lose Ghulams/Ghulam Cav after heavy mail?

I don't think they stopped being used,right?

Default Re: Why do I lose Ghulams/Ghulam Cav after heavy mail?

taking for example the fatimids it's because they transition into mamluks i think, kinda the same way you lose feudal knights after a while but at the same time you get new and more powerfull noble units

But the fatimids don't really get a straight upgrade to ghulams, unless there's another unit that isn't listed on the mod, so you don't get another mace infantry unit for the rest of the game, unlike the path of Mailed Knights<Feudal Knights<Chivalric Knights(and their dismounted versions),so with that in mind, is there any way to do a simple edit of a couple files to make them availible permanently?

jurcek1987's Avatar Protector Domesticus

I only have SSHIP so the entries might be a little different but it doesn't matter, the solution is the same. Go to data/export_descr_buildings.txt and find all entries for Ghulams and Dismounted_Ghulams and remove "and not event_counter HEAVY_MAIL_ARMOR 1"

Quote Originally Posted by jurcek1987 View Post
    I only have SSHIP so the entries might be a little different but it doesn't matter, the solution is the same. Go to data/export_descr_buildings.txt and find all entries for Ghulams and Dismounted_Ghulams and remove "and not event_counter HEAVY_MAIL_ARMOR 1"
    Sorry to bother you, but i've never had to do this before,so i want to be completely sure i don't screw anything up;should i also delete the ghulam instances where it says ''and not event_counter FULL_PLATE_ARMOR 1''?

jurcek1987's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Make a backup of the file first just in case. The line in question will make them unavailable after full plate event, which is around 1400 I think. So if you still want to recruit them past this date, delete this line too.

Alright, thank you very much! I honestly thought it would be harder to make such a simple change, so I really appreciate it. Could I make other small changes like this as well, like adding the Hasham to the Fatimid roster?(Again, don't understand why they don't have them)