Thread: [help] Giving Gors Throwing Axes

Icon1 [help] Giving Gors Throwing Axes

Mainly because I miss javelin line infantry from Rome 2 so much, I'm trying to add throwing axes to Gor and Bestigors.

It's not too successful.

I've added the range weapon to the land_untis_table but am having difficulty getting the animation. They simply won't throw their axes.

I have in the variant mesh...
    Code:
    	<SLOT name="weapon_4" attach_point="be_prop_4" >		<VARIANT_MESH model="VariantMeshes/wh_variantmodels/ce1/bst/bst_props/bst_centigor_throwingaxe_1h_01.rigid_model_v2"  imposter_model="VariantMeshes/wh_variantmodels/ce1/bst/bst_props/bst_centigor_throwingaxe_1h_01.rigid_model_v2" >
    			<META_DATA>equipment</META_DATA></VARIANT_MESH>
    	</SLOT>
    	<SLOT name="weapon_5" attach_point="be_prop_5" />
    and in the animation_fragments...

Code:
    AIM_LOW				filename = "animations/battle/centaur01/spear_and_shield/stand/ce1_stand_01.anim"		metadata = "animations/battle/centaur01/spear_and_throwing_axe/missile_actions/ce1_shoot_stand_01.anm.meta"		metadata_sound = ""		weapon_bone_2 = on, weapon_bone_5 = on, AIM_LEVEL				filename = "animations/battle/centaur01/spear_and_shield/stand/ce1_stand_01.anim"		metadata = "animations/battle/centaur01/spear_and_throwing_axe/missile_actions/ce1_shoot_stand_01.anm.meta"		metadata_sound = ""		weapon_bone_2 = on, weapon_bone_5 = on, 
    AIM_HIGH				filename = "animations/battle/centaur01/spear_and_shield/stand/ce1_stand_01.anim"		metadata = "animations/battle/centaur01/spear_and_throwing_axe/missile_actions/ce1_shoot_stand_01.anm.meta"		metadata_sound = ""		weapon_bone_2 = on, weapon_bone_5 = on, 
    FIRE_LOW				filename = "animations/battle/centaur01/spear_and_throwing_axe/missile_actions/ce1_spta_fire_fwd.anim"		metadata = "animations/battle/centaur01/spear_and_throwing_axe/missile_actions/ce1_spta_fire_low.anm.meta"		metadata_sound = "animations/battle/centaur01/spear_and_throwing_axe/missile_actions/ce1_spta_fire_fwd.snd.meta"		weapon_bone_2 = on, weapon_bone_5 = on, 
    FIRE_LEVEL				filename = "animations/battle/centaur01/spear_and_throwing_axe/missile_actions/ce1_spta_fire_fwd.anim"		metadata = "animations/battle/centaur01/spear_and_throwing_axe/missile_actions/ce1_spta_fire_fwd.anm.meta"		metadata_sound = "animations/battle/centaur01/spear_and_throwing_axe/missile_actions/ce1_spta_fire_fwd.snd.meta"		weapon_bone_2 = on, weapon_bone_5 = on, 
    FIRE_HIGH				filename = "animations/battle/centaur01/spear_and_throwing_axe/missile_actions/ce1_spta_fire_fwd.anim"		metadata = "animations/battle/centaur01/spear_and_throwing_axe/missile_actions/ce1_spta_fire_high.anm.meta"		metadata_sound = "animations/battle/centaur01/spear_and_throwing_axe/missile_actions/ce1_spta_fire_fwd.snd.meta"		weapon_bone_2 = on, weapon_bone_5 = on, 
    RELOAD_1				filename = "animations/battle/centaur01/spear_and_shield/stand/ce1_stand_01.anim"		metadata = "animations/battle/centaur01/spear_and_throwing_axe/missile_actions/ce1_shoot_stand_01.anm.meta"		metadata_sound = ""		weapon_bone_2 = on, weapon_bone_5 = on,
    As you can see I tried to use the centigor animations. Also I tried the dwarven throwing axe rangers, but those animations weren't compatible either.

What am I missing here? The animation system is quite different to Rome 2.

Default Re: [help] Giving Gors Throwing Axes

I'm struggling with a similar issue on the elves, I want to make a hybrid unit that uses spears and bows but the spear weapon doesn't seem to attach well to the glade guard skeleton. If I ever get past this issue I'm hoping to make a variant that uses shields, god help me.

On a somewhat related note I also want to add heavy cav, I'm happy tu use the empire knights for now but if I add them to the elven army the game crashes. Ideas?

Matmannen's Avatar Ordinarius

Default Re: [help] Giving Gors Throwing Axes

I'm not a modding veteran, but as I have been working rather extensively on my very first mod; I have learned quite alot.

Even though this response is several months late; I should ask a few questions to see if my limited knowledge can do you any good:

1. Have you set the desired animation in the land_unit_tabe?
    2. Have you added the desired animation to the culture your unit belongs to, in the animation_to_culture_table?