Thread: EB 1.6 mod

Zarax's Avatar Triple Chaosmaster

Default EB 1.6 mod

I seriously think that EB can benefit from some features taken from the BI exe like formations, swimming, loyalty and hording (the latter two are available under 1.5 too) so I was wondering if some people was interested into discussing about how to implement this extra features into the campaign to enrich it...
    The Best Is Yet To Come:

Default Re: EB 1.6 mod

I think having loyalty in would be a good idea but there are no free faction slots to spawn rebels from (other than Eleutheroi (sp?)).

Hording would also be useful, but only for nomadic factions

i think swimming was unrealistic anyway.

i am pretty sure there was a thread (maybe in .org) about how to add in loyalty.

Swimming is added in TBS, and shield wall , schiltron and new formation ai (performet Sinuhet 7.0 ). After relase EB 0.81 I relase new TBS in more change.But adding loyalty ,religion (or mayby political system) is interesing

Zarax's Avatar Triple Chaosmaster

Religion/Politics can be added but it's a quite long and painful job that could be extremely difficult in EB (AFAIK temples are already used for governments so you would have to work in that framework restrictions or make significant changes to the government model) that requires large building changes, a complete evaluation of "religion" per settlement in descr_regions and extensive work on traits.
    Also, you have to consider that there is an hardcoded limit of 3 beliefs, after that they won't cause unrest.

Loyalty could be added too but it would be also limited to eleutheroi in an SPQR style system (Lusted would be the best person to ask to) or in alternative some factions could be made unplayable rebels in the installing options (good luck to you if you try to follow that way, choosing which factions are "rebels" could result in extremely heavy debates).

I've haven't tried hording yet, could be interesting but it's not easy to balance and hard to portray realistically.
    The Best Is Yet To Come: