Thread: Help needed with screen freezes in city battles.

Default Help needed with screen freezes in city battles.

Iv'e been having alot of problems with running Attila. R2 works and runs very good but Attila city battles makes it for me. The battles are unplayable. After starting a campaign city battle or siege the game gets really sluggish and after some seconds the screen freezes but the sound continue to run. The screen can get stuck for about a minute, then it unfreezes and the units start moving for some seconds before it freezes again.

The strange thing is that if I start a custom city-battle and deploy alot of units it doesn't get sluggish and freeze at all. I can even use the very big and demanding custom battles from the steam-workshop and they seem to run fine. It's only when I use the city-battles in the campaign that they game runs slow. Iv'e also only tried it in the AoC campaign.

This bugs me really much because I really want to play the game, and my computer should be very able to run the game on high settings.

I also use alot of mods, maybe I should first try to run the game without them?

Any help is appreciated.

Default Re: Help needed with screen freezes in city battles.

When playing those battles try playing around with:

Textures quality

Terrain quality or whatever its called ingame

Unlimited video memory

Open task manager, set priority of Attila.exe to high

Open task manager, see on the performance tab which if any your cores is being overloaded more than the others, then go to procceses and "set afinity" then un-check that CPU#, then re-open "set afinity" and check that CPU# again (# being the number of the overloaded core)

Try windowed mode

Thats all i could think of