Thread: Question re drag and drop and troop deployment

Default Question re drag and drop and troop deployment

Hi- have only recently started playing NTW, and am working my way through the single player ' Napoleons Battles.
    When I try and drag and drop a selection, troops only stay facing forward if moved to one side; otherwise they face backwards. How can I correct this? ( and ideally move them somewhere too) what am I doing wrong?
    Likewise is there a way to make them move backwards, but still face forwards. Other than have to spin the whole group 180 degrees having moved them?
    finally, and it may be related, is it possible to queue orders and movements in the single player battles? I have tried holding shift , but it doesn't seem to work in the single battles.
    Any help and advice on more effective troop deployment appreciated! Thanks, Steve.

Frunk's Avatar Form Follows Function
    took an arrow to the knee

Default Re: Question re drag and drop and troop deployment

Welcome

Quote Originally Posted by 3metres View Post
    When I try and drag and drop a selection, troops only stay facing forward if moved to one side; otherwise they face backwards. How can I correct this? ( and ideally move them somewhere too) what am I doing wrong?
    I dont really get this one, sorry.

Likewise is there a way to make them move backwards, but still face forwards. Other than have to spin the whole group 180 degrees having moved them?
    You can use the arrow keys. They dont move backwards, but they do not spin- i.e. the soldiers turn, not the whole unit. Try, you will see what I mean.

finally, and it may be related, is it possible to queue orders and movements in the single player battles? I have tried holding shift , but it doesn't seem to work in the single battles.
    No, that is not possible, afaik. Something is ringing in my head about waypoints, but I can't remember and likely mix it up with another title.

Any help and advice on more effective troop deployment appreciated! Thanks, Steve.
    Try to use grouping/ ungrouping whenever you need it. Check the key configuration in the options, a bit cryptic, but helpfull and I guess, you will find plenty of guide videos on Ytube.
    If you're dealing with the devil, it's not the devil who changes, but rather the devil change you - for sanity is like a spider, sitting in a net woven from the finest of strings, unaware of the hand coming closer, being grabbed and stuffed into a mouth.
    Check this: Turumba's Twitch and Youtube channel!

They face forward when you "drop" left-to-right' backwards when you "drop" right to left.