Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: [Release Announcement] R2TR v4.0 has been released!

Default Re: [Release Announcement] R2TR v3.0 has been released!

i usually play it Very hard both. yet if you find you want more challenge try legendary

Where can I find a manual for the mod? Mostly I wanted detailed information about buildings, which ones I should be building and the various paths to them.

i plan to create it, but didnt had time so far as im currently trying to release updates for my older mods. Once update it out,and i will have more time for R2TR3, i will work on it.

Thanks for the quick response. In RTR VII there was a leadership system with flags for consular armies, field armies, and legions as well as detailed flagging for the cursus honorum with a military and civilian path. It was an amazimg mini-game for me as I juggled leader back and forth vying for commands and honors. Is that in this mod or is there a way to add it? I know vanilla has promotions built in, built I preferred the flag system.

Flinn's Avatar His Dudeness of TWC
    Patrician Citizen Content Emeritus Administrator Emeritus Gaming Emeritus

Blog Entries

It's with great pleasure that the Modding Awards Committee informs you that this mod has been awarded in the recent 2016 Modding Awards, as seen here! Please feel free to stop by and check the list of all the winners.

Also, don't forget to check
    here for more details about how to promote the victory of your mod.

If any question about please feel free to use the
    Discussion thread

Flinn,
    On behalf of the Modding Awards Committee
    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader

wow, thanks, didnt expected this

Looks like The CA plans another big update for Rome 2, which means this mod will become obsolete soon.. Similarly, as with Emperor edition, it will take some time to create a compatible version, especially if new content will also mean some new mechanics. Anyway my plan is to definitely release version 4 of this mod, with new features adjusted to the philosophy of this mod. so, at this point, lets wait and see what CA comes with.

Decanus

Version 4. Neat.

yeah, but i doubt it will be out this year, with DLC coming late november, it will be just not enough time to release it in 2017

The site seems very unstable tonite, so if this is a repeat, sorry. You say this is available on steam, right??? But the only thing I can find is a 2.1 version there; as you show here 3.13 , the latest!!! Is steam updated to this 3.13 version???Thanks,ms

yes, but it wont work with power and politics beta update.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil.../?id=792454969

Quote Originally Posted by JaM View Post
    yes, but it wont work with power and politics beta update.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil.../?id=792454969
    Any chance R2TR v3.0 will be updated to work with the new Power & Politics version of Total War: Rome 2? Or is the team moving on to future projects?

It definitely will be updated, but it wont be in nearest future, as Im focused on other projects, plus its more than likely CA will release some patches that might require additional adjustments in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by JaM View Post
    It definitely will be updated, but it wont be in nearest future, as Im focused on other projects, plus its more than likely CA will release some patches that might require additional adjustments in the future.
    Awesome,sounds good and you may be correct concerning further patches and waiting a few months for "the dust to settle".

Thanks for the quick response!

Oldgamer's Avatar My President ...
    Illinois, and I DID obtain my concealed carry permit! I'm packin'!

Hello, gents!

I was playing Rome 2 over on Steam, tonight, and I happened to wonder, "Did anyone at the Total War Center think of doing a RTR on this game?" So, I came over here and ... sure enough ... you were here, and I really like what I see. At 70 years old, and still teaching at university, I had enough money to get a really good top-of-the-line gaming computer, and I'm sure it will handle anything that this mod will throw at it.

Most of you won't remember me, but I was a playtester on the very first Rome: Total Realism. It seems like centuries ago.

My wife is telling me that it's past my bedtime ... geez, age ought to bring forth privileges ... but I guess she's right. No classes tomorrow (or the rest of the week, for that matter), so I'll be back. Just click on the subscribe button at Steam, eh? Sounds a lot easier than the "old days".

Anything I ought to know before I subscribe? There's mod I use from the Workshop called "Roman Music Mod", and has music from "Roman movies" from Ben-Hur to Gladiator. No problem with RTR2?

By the way, from the very beginning, I always play as the Romans, and I still do! Also, I appreciate the research that went into this mod. Good work ...

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Have fun, then, Oldgamer!

Oldgamer's Avatar My President ...
    Illinois, and I DID obtain my concealed carry permit! I'm packin'!

Thanks, Jake!

I haven't been able to play RTR because the game tells me that the mod is outdated. I tried it, anyway, but no go. Is there an updated or newer version of the mod?

One question: Which Beta of Rome: Total War will v3.0 work with? I've noticed that I can roll it back, if necessary.

Found it: Version 17
    Last edited by Oldgamer; November 27, 2019 at 10:30 PM.

Patrician

I can't tell you much, never played with this mod.
    Yeah, it seems last update was in 2016 so you'll surely have to revert to an older version.

Pay attention to the steam manager, it is buggy, you might need to revert it too: Go to Rome 2 on STEAM/Right click/Properties/Betas/Select the beta you would like to use/launcher_release_canditate.

yeah, All i can say is that late CA updates killed this mod.. There is just way too much work to rework everything so it would run correctly at this point... I tried few times, but got fed up with it and stopped.. It would be probably easier to start from scratch, but it would require a lot of work and a lot of time which at this point i do not have. Sorry guys.

Patrician

Glad you're still around though

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast