Thread: Cubs won World Series, first since 1908, and finally broke the curse

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

Default Cubs won World Series, first since 1908, and finally broke the curse

CUBS JUST WON THE WORLD SERIES! Indians played a great game and were tied for a few of the last innings. Exciting game! Anyone else watch it?

AqD's Avatar 。◕‿◕。

Default Re: Cubs won World Series, first since 1908, and finally broke the curse

what CUBS???

Sir Adrian's Avatar the Imperishable

Default Re: Cubs won World Series, first since 1908, and finally broke the curse

I never understood why it's called a world series. Only teams from the US are allowed to participate.
    Under the patronage of Pie the Inkster Click here to find a hidden gem on the forum!

IronBrig4's Avatar Good Matey

Canada has a team. In fact, the Toronto Blue Jays won the World Series in 1992 and 1993. They were also in the playoffs this year and made it to the ALCS.

Under the patronage of Cpl_Hicks

Is it American Football, or is it Baseball?

Canada has a team. In fact, the Toronto Blue Jays won the World Series in 1992 and 1993. They were also in the playoffs this year and made it to the ALCS.
    So it is like the world cup? Or just Canada and US?
    I recon there arent manny national leagues in other countries of baseball, or american football.
    But i do know american football has some folowing in the UK.

I myself as sports go, i only folow football, or soccer as you know it. Everything else, is mostly non existent to me.

Basicaly anyway.
    Last edited by Knight of Heaven; November 04, 2016 at 02:47 PM.

IronBrig4's Avatar Good Matey

The World Series is baseball, even if it only involves the two countries in Major League Baseball. They started calling it the World Series in 1884 in order to make it seem more grand. https://www.rose-hulman.edu/~rickert/BB/wsname.html

The equivalent of the World Cup is the World Baseball Classic. There are 16 national teams that qualify for next year's tournament. http://www.worldbaseballclassic.com/

Baseball is popular in Latin America, the Caribbean, and parts of East Asia. In terms of numbers of countries that participate, I'd say it's comparable to rugby or cricket.

Under the patronage of Cpl_Hicks