Thread: NEW MOD VIKINGS TOTAL WAR

Last edited by Begeta; November 02, 2016 at 01:33 PM.

Mr_Nygren's Avatar Berserkir

Default Re: NEW MOD VIKINGS TOTAL WAR

Cool man! I was going to add my work onto the 4.0 unofficial version but now i ain't entirely sure anymore.

I like your new Vikings TV-series themed UI, and i was actually going to do that myself- but it wasn't made because of me sucking at photoshop and not getting the pirated copy to work.

I have already finished a music-submod for WotN using those songs. It was also implemented in The Last Kingdom in my current "work in progress"-submod. But as i see you have added new settlements and regions it would not work to just add the mod files.

I could implement it when i have downloaded your version though. But the problem is, is your submod based on 3.6 or the unofficial 4.0?

My work is based on 3.6 and i was going to re-add it onto the unofficial version because it fixes alot of small bugs, including the Magyar crashes. What version was your work based on?

I really like the improved map, the new Vikings themed UI and the new factions. But i wanna know if the bugs are fixed in this? The bugs regarding the Magyars and united Norway script amongst others.

Edit: Is there a release on it's way soon? Also, this mod has a UI with citations in the wrong language (not english)- is this going to be changed?
    Last edited by Mr_Nygren; November 03, 2016 at 05:50 PM.
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again
    but betrayal with treachery.

- The Havamal

Okay, that sucked.

Then i guess the best thing would be to merge my mod with yours and then add the 4.0 unofficial bug fixes and features onto that one. However, based on your mod including whole new factions like the West Franks - my mod may actually not be compatible with yours. The unit limit may be reached.

Anyway, i'll see what i decide to do. It would be finished soon if it weren't for me wanting to re-add it to the newly released versions. If i was going to release it for 3.6 it would be finished very soon - but based on the changed circumstances it would require quite a huge amount of work adding it ontop of the new versions.

I have some other mods to finish first, like the GoT submod and the BotET-submod. But if your mod ain't released by then i'll just add my TLK-submod onto the 4.0 like planned before.
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again

- The Havamal

How much have you left to do? It looked pretty near finished in the video =).

- The Havamal

How its progresing this submod in my wish list...

looking forward to this!

Hey man, i am open for adding/including the custom settlements i use in WotN/TLK:WotN to your mod as well, and the music-mod also as it basically is the Vikings TV-show music plus alot of additional tracks for other factions - it's also been heavily cut and edited in order not to use too much of the tracks. I think it would fit your Vikings-themed mod alot.

Also, do you plan on creating new models for your mod? Just tell me if you want cooperation and the WotN-units could be included as well.

Your mod has a better and larger map and more factions so it would be natural to port everything to it.

- The Havamal

Yes yes Mr_Nygren good proposal...Mr_Nygren & Begeta.

Quote Originally Posted by Begeta View Post

Hi, Any chance of you just downloading a package that allows to over-write the "TV Ragnar" pictures and screensavers ?

Cheeers