Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

Thread: [Overhaul Submod] "Data Venia" (for DeI 1.2.2g - Updated 11th January)

Default Re: [Overhaul Submod] "Data Venia" (for DeI 1.2.2g - Updated 11th January)

The link for download Normal Civil Wars and Political Events is not wrking

Default Re: [Overhaul Submod] "Data Venia" (for DeI 1.2.2g - Updated 11th January)

Does this work on all maps or just Grand Campaign? Thanks

Ygraine's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Marco1234 View Post
    The link for download Normal Civil Wars and Political Events is not wrking
    You probably mean the old 1.1 version, I might have deleted it by mistake. 1.2 doesn't have one!

Quote Originally Posted by JCB206 View Post
    Does this work on all maps or just Grand Campaign? Thanks
    It works on all maps, except Empire Divided which I don't have.
    (2nd position - Gameplay Mods-category - 2016 Modding Awards.)

Ygraine's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by MrMerisi View Post
    Haha nice going @Ygraine. 102 turns to accomplish what most DeI Vanilla players accomplish in 25! That's why I love DV!

However...and there is always a but...it's only 2k gold to get the Ardaiei to declare war vs Epirous when they already are at war. Considering their monthly GDP boost that's a bit cheap no? Same with the Daorsi.

Yes, yes I know you can't please some people" but it would seem that temporary friends are bought far too cheaply. Now maybe they didn't need an invitation to open a second front.

Otherwise, I modded the income to be slightly lower at the beginning and I nerfed the forts a bit so they are not a temptation (just reduce fire arrow range and lethality so they're not getting 5k kills, reduce barricade durability so the Venetii can smash through your cheap spears if that's what you choose, and increase incendiary threshold of arrow towers so player has to get closer and take longer to burn them down).

Now it feels really perfect.

And I see you lost 6 settlements which means you really struggled!
    I got what I had through blood, sweat and tears! I doubt there's much of that in 25 short turns

The amount of gold seems random.

As for "easy friends", they won't necessarily be friends for life.
    In my game Ardiaei and Dalmatae both backstabbed me (we had trade and deep green) and declared war. I had to pay around 3-5k each to vie for peace (couldn't afford more wars since I had just defeated Pyrrhus, my legions were wounded and a massive hostile Celtic confederation spanning from Helvetia to eastern Dacia had appeared on my northern borders). In this particular case it might have been the Odrysian AI who asked them to attack me, so it wasn't completely "random".

Looking at AI behaviour in general, I'm getting the impression that most AIs want to have at least one war going on at all times which might sometimes explain how a friendly neighbour declares war.
    (2nd position - Gameplay Mods-category - 2016 Modding Awards.)

Greek strategos's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by Ygraine View Post
    Looking at AI behaviour in general, I'm getting the impression that most AIs want to have at least one war going on at all times which might sometimes explain how a friendly neighbour declares war.
    Yeah I'm also pretty sure that's true.

Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23