Thread: Trouble installing Third age

Laetus

Default Trouble installing Third age

Hi everyone i hope you are all well

I have tried installing Third age total war for a while now have tried it on every way there is according to the guides online and vids i find on youtube butt i seem to be in bad luck and need your assistiance, i ssem to be abit clumsy in my installing method and my english typing isent the best wich gives me no love from others when i ask for help
    Even willing to pay someone if thats what it takes cause iam lost here for some reason i am not giving the pleasure of playing this

PLZ HELP

Socrates1984's Avatar Decanus
    Citizen

Default Re: Trouble installing Third age

Quote Originally Posted by Cornerman View Post
    Hi everyone i hope you are all well

I have tried installing Third age total war for a while now have tried it on every way there is according to the guides online and vids i find on youtube butt i seem to be in bad luck and need your assistiance, i ssem to be abit clumsy in my installing method and my english typing isent the best wich gives me no love from others when i ask for help
    Even willing to pay someone if thats what it takes cause iam lost here for some reason i am not giving the pleasure of playing this

PLZ HELP
    Ok, let's talk about money. How much will you pay me for helping you?

Seriously now, can you be a bit more specific? Where exactly is the problem? Is there a popup message? What's your PC specifics? Do you have a steam or a CD version of the game? When does the game crash? Does it even crash or something else is happening, e.g. not even starting?

You must do something wrong, not following a certain instruction or not meeting a certain condition. If you follow all the instructions to the letter, then something else is to blame, probably something related to your PC.

But you have to give some details for the community to help you. I am not an experienced member here, I only know problems I have encountered, but I am very well willing to help you. Me and everyone in here.

P.S.: Welcome to the forums!

Laetus

Hi Socrates and ty for relpying to my post.
    Iam new here and still trying to navigate myself on forums and how everything works.

some quik specs :
    Asus trooper B85
    I5 3570k
    Gtx 970 g1 Gigabyte
    Ssd 250gb samsung evo 850
    Hdd 2tb (Steam + all total war games+modds )
    750watt PW
    Windos 8,1

After installing the modd and start the game i can play the normal game butt the modds doesnt seem to be working no chrashes no problems with the pc either its just like something is missing like you suggested perhaps i did something worng and iam at a loss and not sue how to gett it wokring therefor i have made myself a accont here and seek help from the community.
    As for money i am not sure what would be reasonble but i am a student with not much money so feel free to do the bidding and ill see if i can afford it

Thanks again for the reply and i hope i have not missed anything if i did feel free to lemme know and i will get back asap

Laetus

i have reply twice now not sure why it isent loaded up here

What do you mean that something is missing? Can you explain better?
    American, French, Israeli and British government's ILLEGAL aggression against the Syrian people, without any proof for chemical attacks in Douma, and without waiting for OPCW to conduct their investigation..
    Sons of *******, leave that poor, war torn country in peace.
    If you are a citizen of one of these countries, then DO NOT ask any help from me on these forums, since, in protest against this aggression by your governments, I do not provide assistance/help anymore.
    Let Syria be finally in peace.

A video of false chemical attack in Douma, Syria, which led to Western illegal attacks.

Laetus

Not sure what do you mean with "better" could you explain what you mean what is unclear to you perhaps?

Veteraan's Avatar TATW Local Moderator

Hi Socrates and ty for relpying to my post.
    Iam new here and still trying to navigate myself on forums and how everything works.

some quik specs :
    Asus trooper B85
    I5 3570k
    Gtx 970 g1 Gigabyte
    Ssd 250gb samsung evo 850
    Hdd 2tb (Steam + all total war games+modds )
    750watt PW
    Windos 8,1

After installing the modd and start the game i can play the normal game butt the modds doesnt seem to be working no chrashes no problems with the pc either its just like something is missing like you suggested perhaps i did something worng and iam at a loss and not sue how to gett it wokring therefor i have made myself a accont here and seek help from the community.
    As for money i am not sure what would be reasonble but i am a student with not much money so feel free to do the bidding and ill see if i can afford it

Thanks again for the reply and i hope i have not missed anything if i did feel free to lemme know and i will get back asap
    Local moderator message: That's enough talk about money, even if it is meant to be a bit of fun.

As for your problem. Feel free to send me a PM in Dutch. Include info on exactly what guides you used for obtaining the install instructions. I would also like to know if your MTW2 Kingdoms works without problem and if it is Third Age 3 Total War (TATW) you are trying to install or a submod for TATW. If it is the latter, please state which submod you are using.

You can send a PM by going to your account (at the top of each page) and select "send new message" at the "my messages" screen on the left of the page.

Spoiler for some words in Dutch/enige tektst in het Nederlands
    Stuur me een private message met om te beginnen de volgende info:

- Welke handleiding/video heb je gebruikt om de mod te installeren?
    - Werkt MTW2 Kingdoms naar behoren? Je hebt toch wel de Kingdoms expansie en niet alleen Medieval Total War2 hoop ik?
    - Probeer je TATW te installeren, of heb je een werkende TATW en probeer je daar een submod voor te installeren? Zo ja, welke is dat dan?

Je kunt een Private Message (PM) sturen door "my account" aan te klikken, te vinden rechts bovenaan ieder pagina. Ga dan naar de "My messages" sectie boven aan de linkerkant van de pagina en selecteer "Send a new message" Zorg dat je mijn naam "Veteraan" (zonder de aanhalingstekens natuurlijk) in de "Recipient users" balk hebt staan en dat je in ieder geval iets in het vak "Title" zet. Schrijf dan je tekst in het grote witte vlak en klik op "Submit message" om het te verzenden.

Let op: reageer niet in het Nederlands op deze post! Je kunt natuurlijk wel je PM in het Nederlands schrijven, dat is zelfs de bedoeling want onze Engelstalige vrienden hebben helaas wat moeite om te begrijpen wat je tot nu toe geschreven hebt (in het Engels)

Citizenised by Shankbot - Patron of b0Gia - House de Bodemloze

Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Veteraan View Post
    Local moderator message: That's enough talk about money, even if it is meant to be a bit of fun.

As for your problem. Feel free to send me a PM in Dutch. Include info on exactly what guides you used for obtaining the install instructions. I would also like to know if your MTW2 Kingdoms works without problem and if it is Third Age 3 Total War (TATW) you are trying to install or a submod for TATW. If it is the latter, please state which submod you are using.

You can send a PM by going to your account (at the top of each page) and select "send new message" at the "my messages" screen on the left of the page.

Spoiler for some words in Dutch/enige tektst in het Nederlands
    Stuur me een private message met om te beginnen de volgende info:

- Welke handleiding/video heb je gebruikt om de mod te installeren?
    - Werkt MTW2 Kingdoms naar behoren? Je hebt toch wel de Kingdoms expansie en niet alleen Medieval Total War2 hoop ik?
    - Probeer je TATW te installeren, of heb je een werkende TATW en probeer je daar een submod voor te installeren? Zo ja, welke is dat dan?

Je kunt een Private Message (PM) sturen door "my account" aan te klikken, te vinden rechts bovenaan ieder pagina. Ga dan naar de "My messages" sectie boven aan de linkerkant van de pagina en selecteer "Send a new message" Zorg dat je mijn naam "Veteraan" (zonder de aanhalingstekens natuurlijk) in de "Recipient users" balk hebt staan en dat je in ieder geval iets in het vak "Title" zet. Schrijf dan je tekst in het grote witte vlak en klik op "Submit message" om het te verzenden.

Let op: reageer niet in het Nederlands op deze post! Je kunt natuurlijk wel je PM in het Nederlands schrijven, dat is zelfs de bedoeling want onze Engelstalige vrienden hebben helaas wat moeite om te begrijpen wat je tot nu toe geschreven hebt (in het Engels)
    So, now Veteraan, you take over from here? If I can help anywhere, please let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by Socrates1984 View Post
    So, now Veteraan, you take over from here? If I can help anywhere, please let me know.

Thank you.

As it seems there were some communication troubles, we (local mods) thought it might be a good idea to offer some help (by PM) in Cornerman's native language, which happens to be the same one as mine. I made the post here, so that you and others would know this was happening "in the background". You are still free to provide any tips or solutions you think are useful of course. Perhaps they are already suggested away from this thread though, but it's no big deal if something gets mentioned twice.

After we, hopefully, have found what went wrong, some more help from others may be necessary anyway because I myself play this game using the disk version and Cornerman is using Steam to play this.
    Last edited by Veteraan; November 12, 2016 at 04:27 AM.

Laetus

Hello fellow Total war players

Coming to you with a update i managed to instal the modd with the help of Veteraan butt now i get a message poping up when i want to launch the game ( Cant find kingdoms exp while i have it installed apart from this everything went pretty fast, if someone has a idea lemme know ill be here all day trying to fix it

Regards Cornerman
    Again thanks to all the help iam getting its realy nice and helpfull

Good to see you at least managed to install something. And this is where I stand down regarding the support. This because I think it is better that someone who, unlike me, actually also plays this game on Steam takes it from here.

Hello fellow Total war players

Coming to you with a update i managed to instal the modd with the help of Veteraan butt now i get a message poping up when i want to launch the game ( Cant find kingdoms exp while i have it installed apart from this everything went pretty fast, if someone has a idea lemme know ill be here all day trying to fix it

Regards Cornerman
    Again thanks to all the help iam getting its realy nice and helpfull
    If you had renamed one of your Kingdoms campaign folders ( for example: teutonic to teutonic_original) and, renamed Third_Age_3 folder as teutonic.. then you should go to your Steam, and launch Teutonic campaign, or in this case TATW mod. If that still gives you the "Can`t find kingdoms.exe file" message, then:

- Make a copy of medieval2.exe ( application) located in your main .\steam\steamapps\common\ Medieval 2 Total War folder ( the copy needs to be made inside of that same Medieval II Total War folder, and it will be named medieval2-Copy ).

- Rename this medieval2-Copy.exe file to kingdoms ( not kingdoms.exe, just type in kingdoms without the exe extension, it will be added automatically). You will notice that you have two .exe files ( applications) in your main Medieval II TW folder: medieval2 and kingdoms

Now go to your Steam, and launch Teutonic campaign, or in this case TATW mod.

Good luck!
    American, French, Israeli and British government's ILLEGAL aggression against the Syrian people, without any proof for chemical attacks in Douma, and without waiting for OPCW to conduct their investigation..
    If you are a citizen of one of these countries, then DO NOT ask any help from me on these forums, since, in protest against this aggression by your governments, I do not provide assistance/help anymore.

A video of false chemical attack in Douma, Syria, which led to Western illegal attacks.

It looks like Cornerman has forgotten to leave al little message here that he has succeeded in installing TATW a few days ago.

Citizen

Good to know! Enjoy the game Cornerman!

Okay guys, not the best tech guy but I have bought the Kingdoms map pack Medeival game. I went to the moddb site and everytime I download the mod, a pop up comes up and says it can't locate anywhere to run the mod. 2 options come up, find an app on computer to find it, or search the web. Is there another mod file I can run? All help is much appreciated, thanks guys! Step by step with simple instructions would be great!!! Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by zlonghorns22 View Post
    Okay guys, not the best tech guy but I have bought the Kingdoms map pack Medeival game. I went to the moddb site and everytime I download the mod, a pop up comes up and says it can't locate anywhere to run the mod. 2 options come up, find an app on computer to find it, or search the web. Is there another mod file I can run? All help is much appreciated, thanks guys! Step by step with simple instructions would be great!!! Thanks
    It says "Unable to find software for selected file" then asks me "what do I want to do" 1. Search the web for suitable software to open this file. 2. Learn more about 3. Search through windows

Welcome to the TWC forums, zlonghorns.

To be honest, it's not entirely clear to me what exactly your problem is. Therefore I will simply post an instruction video on how to install TATW here. The part that you would want to look at runs from the beginning to 9:30 minutes.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Good luck!

It says "Unable to find software for selected file" then asks me "what do I want to do" 1. Search the web for suitable software to open this file. 2. Learn more about 3. Search through windows
    Did you perhaps download these files by using Internet Explorer? If you did, then re download by using some other web browser, like Chrome or Mozzila Firefox.