Thread: I'd like to make it so the elves and dwarves can convert man populations to their own kind

Default I'd like to make it so the elves and dwarves can convert man populations to their own kind

I'd like to make it so the elves and dwarves can convert man populations to their own kind.

I already opened up the building files and saw 28k lines of code. Before I get into this, can somebody tell me how hard it would be to do for this specific mod?

Default Re: I'd like to make it so the elves and dwarves can convert man populations to their own kind

Difficulty: Laughing at Live Dragons

RTW building trees normally function like a straight line (build 1, then 2, then 3), but can be made to function like a tree (build 1, then either 2 or 3). That's how the current temple_of_mithras building tree (the one you're looking for) is set up: convert non-mannish population to the various regional mannish population buildings (the different non-mannish population buildings are technically one and the same building made to have different icons, descriptions and effects through use of different cultures and hidden ressources). You cannot have a building tree form a reverse tree with different buildings converging into one final building.

Of course, you could rewrite the tree to have only one mannish population building that branches out into the various non-mannish versions, but that might affects a whole bunch of different files, so unless you are a master texter, I would heavily advise against it.

Having said that, you also could simply remove the recruitment restrictions of non-mannish units, which would allow you to recruit them all over the map and drown Middle-Earth in stacks of Lindon Guards and Dwarven Longaxes.
    Last edited by The Sloth; November 01, 2016 at 10:29 AM.

Default Re: I'd like to make it so the elves and dwarves can convert man populations to their own kind

I figured it wouldn't be easy.

Thanks for the info!