Thread: Adoption

Default Adoption

Sextus, formerly Sextus Sulla arrived at the domus of Marcus Antonius. Marcus Antonius was a famous orator of the day and from the plebeian branch of the gens Antonia. He waits patiently to be allowed inside.

Lucius Malfoy's Avatar Pure-Blood
    Citizen

Default Re: Adoption

Marcus permits the request by the young Sextus and welcomes him into his home. His father's stature allowed such gracious hospitality to be presented despite his father disowning him.

"Sextus, what brings you to my abode?"

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Gaming Director for the Gaming Staff
    Gaming Director for the Play-by-Post Subforum and the RPG Shed

"Well Marcus, the truth of it is that without my father's patronage my political career seems adrift in uncertainty." he began. "I have always considered you to be a bit of an inspiration, your passionate speeches always arouse such emotion. I know you are blessed with several sons already, but I have political ambitions yet to accomplish. I plan to serve the needs of the people,but not in the Senate. I believe I can accomplish much more by serving as tribune of the plebs. Of course, this is contingent upon my adoption into a plebeian household."

ooc: I will need this wrapped up by Wednesday

Lucius Malfoy's Avatar Pure-Blood
    Citizen

OOC: I am on it.

Marcus strokes his chin slightly, intrigued by the suggestion made by Sextus.

I see no reason to not accept this, Sextus. You are a known face among the People and, with Gnaeus's death, they will surely turn to you and his son, Sextus, to see if either of you will continue the workings of the late Iulus.
    Gaming Director for the Gaming Staff
    Gaming Director for the Play-by-Post Subforum and the RPG Shed

"It will be an honor to bear your name, and call you father. I will not bring disgrace upon the House, to the contrary I will use my new name to promote the interests of the people above all else." Sextus replied. Sextus Antonius Salvia reflected upon his new name, his new station in life. Earlier in his life he believed the Senate would be the effective vehicle of reform and change to the ever evolving circumstances of the Republic, but the past three years have shown that to be anything but the case. Rome was no longer just a city-state Republic on the banks of the Nile, it bestrode continents. Rome's population had swollen as a result, and the traditional ways of doing things were no longer working.