Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Medieval Kingdoms Total War: The Ilkhanate Mongols

Dontfearme22's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: Medieval Kingdoms Total War: The Ilkhanate Mongols

Quote Originally Posted by You_Guess_Who View Post
    Sly...what did I told you: That's 16th century model.

2 wheels, single large box, simple. That's what we need.
    I did have a little retort here until I realized that the Chinese manual artworks that specific type of rocket-cart are based on are apparently undated. I thought they were from the Huolongjing which would put that specific design perfectly within the mods timeframe but until I figure out how to leaf through the thing page by page I can't arbitrate one way or another.

I will say that the design doesn't bother me much because to me the rocket compartment was innovative, not the method of mounting. It is my guess [guess, not stating any facts here] that from the moment the rocket-compartment was invented it would have been mounted on basically every kind of chassis imaginable, so I am not fretting with the specifics.

That said, if I can find the source data for the period art portraying Sly's design this debate will be pretty firmly settled on way or another, or until Sly changes his model design substantially and opens up a new question.
    Last edited by Dontfearme22; January 17, 2017 at 03:51 PM.

Hey, I just saw the name "Iqta Knights" and it really sounds funny. I hope that'll change soon

Quote Originally Posted by OutsiderKK View Post
    Hey, I just saw the name "Iqta Knights" and it really sounds funny. I hope that'll change soon
    That units name was originally Persian Knights, which I didn't like that much, so I changed it to Iqta knights since I felt that was a little bit more interesting and period-specific.

Persian and Turkic (tier 1) foot archers still have short bows instead of composite bows in the latest (february) release. Can it be fixed?

Visarion's Avatar Alexandros
    Artifex

Yeah but turks didn t have knights so cav or smth like that

nnnm's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Dontfearme22 View Post
    That units name was originally Persian Knights, which I didn't like that much, so I changed it to Iqta knights since I felt that was a little bit more interesting and period-specific.
    I would suggest Persian Fursan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Artifex

Yeah sounds good

Quote Originally Posted by Danishmend View Post
    Persian and Turkic (tier 1) foot archers still have short bows instead of composite bows in the latest (february) release. Can it be fixed?
    Yes it can.

Artifex

Maybe adding the army of Babur of Ferghana here as the Mughals were too Gurkani of the Tamerlane Timurid Dynasty. He took the throne from his father, vassal of the Timurids of Samarkand. In 1497 he conquered Samarkand, in 1504 Kabul and in 1526 India so good at counterballancing the Ghurids. I want to see some cataphract camels. His army didn't appear from nowhere and is very well represented in Indian art.

Quote Originally Posted by Visarion View Post
    Maybe adding the army of Babur of Ferghana here as the Mughals were too Gurkani of the Tamerlane Timurid Dynasty. He took the throne from his father, vassal of the Timurids of Samarkand. In 1497 he conquered Samarkand, in 1504 Kabul and in 1526 India so good at counterballancing the Ghurids. I want to see some cataphract camels. His army didn't appear from nowhere and is very well represented in Indian art.
    I don't think there can be a Mughal emergent because that would be so late into the 15th century that anything significant would be outside the period. Still, a Timurid emergent is a nice idea. Its certainly something I could consider.

Artifex

Yeah I would really love to see the Timurids even if emergent and maybe the army of Ferghana, Babur's father as well!? Moghuls, Mughals etc. Some Kashgar influence. Perhaps instead of the Kypchaks as included in the new faction of Lucem Mundum even if I proposed to them the mighty Kalmyks. Maybe some camels of the silk route.

https://readtiger.com/wkp/en/Timur

Quote Originally Posted by Visarion View Post
    Yeah I would really love to see the Timurids even if emergent and maybe the army of Ferghana, Babur's father as well!? Moghuls, Mughals etc. Some Kashgar influence. Perhaps instead of the Kypchaks as included in the new faction of Lucem Mundum even if I proposed to them the mighty Kalmyks. Maybe some camels of the silk route.

https://readtiger.com/wkp/en/Timur
    I'd rather the Timurids be a scripted invasion force than being represented on the map from day 1. And stop talking about the Mughals, they're out of the time period.

Artifex

Ferghanians sorry.

Artifex

Have you decided for a Chagatai/Moghul/Timurid/Ferghanian/Afghan invading emergent army!?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345