Thread: [Released] - Regiments of Renown!

Icon14 [Released] - Regiments of Renown!

Mod Details

All of the new Regiments of Renown units have:
    - Full Functionality in Campaign & Custom Battle (Grim DLC required for campaign recruitment).
    - Balanced Stats & Costs/Upkeep for Vanilla, both in Custom Battle & Campaign
    - Custom Unit-card Artwork based on the base units, redesigned to match lore and differentiate them.
    - Unique stats or abilities that allow for varied lines of play compared to the base unit.
    - Custom flavor-text descriptions based on the lore.
    - Customized models to make them look like the Regiments of Renown that they are!
    - Re-textures aren't complete, they are currently being done to get even closer to the cards and lore!

Google Doc
    There's also a Google Doc for the mod. This helps keep the workshop page as clean as possible, but still keep all of the extra content and information available. You can find more info on the specific units, the thinking behind the mod, and pretty much a more detailed description of all the sections on the workshop page: REGIMENTS of RENOWN - Google Doc

Units Overview

So far in the Mod you will find 10 NEW Regiments of Renown, separated into 2 playable factions. Each set of 5 for a faction has a unique theme for their Regiments of Renown, based heavily on the lore of Warhammer Fantasy.

DWARFS
    The Theme is "Legendary Clans"

1. Bronzebeards Clan Battery - (Cannon)
    2. Cragbrow Clan Squadron - (Gyrocopter)
    3. Gunnison’s War Son’s - (Dwarf Warriors /w Great Weapons)
    4. Stonebreaker Clan Sappers - (Miners)
    5. Ullek’s Redaxes (Longbeards)

ORCS & GOBLINS
    The Theme is "Legendary Bosses"

1. Grom’s Divin Gits (Doom Diver Catapult)
    2. Harboth’s Black Mountain Boyz (Orc Arrer Boyz)
    3. Savage Followerz of Wurrzag (Savage Orc Boyz)
    4. Skarsnik’s Sneaky Stabbas (Nasty Skulkers)
    5. Stone Trolls of Thunder Mountain (Trolls)

Upcoming Content & DLC News

We've got a lot of work going on right now! The 2 remaining playable factions are in the works, as well as more robust rosters for the existing factions, and full Re-Textures on all of the models to make them grittier, and even closer to their unit cards (which show how they will look when they are done!)

Empire
    6 More Regiments of Renown

Vampire Counts
    6 More Regiments of Renown

Orcs
    4 More Regiments of Renown

Dwarfs
    3 More Regiments of Renown

Chaos

13 Regiments of Renown

Beastmen

10 Regiments of Renown

Re-textures

ALL current, as well as the upcoming units

Compatibility

1. Requires a new save-game to take effect, but won't cause any real issues with old Save-games, you just won't be able to recruit the new units in campaign until you start a new campaign.

2. This mod is highly compatible with most mods out there due to the way I've designed them as entirely new units, (I've tested it with up to 20+ mods on at the same time for example).

3. Even though it's designed for compatibility, there are still modding limitations to this. Mods that also include a STARTPOS.esf file, like Radious, Faction Unlockers, etc. can have issues. (If you're not sure what files contain a Startpos.esf, you can check the Google Doc for a known list. These mods can cause the new Regiments of Renown not to appear as recruit-able in campaign, or certain elements of the other mod not to function (for example Faction Unlockers).

For an even more detailed write-up on, and specific mods identified to have a Startpos.esf file as well, see the REGIMENTS of RENOWN - Google Doc

Other Great Mods

All Tabletop Lords - Adding all the missing tabletop Lords to the game!

My Mod Collection - Check out the rest of the mods in the workshop!

Thank you and enjoy!
    - Jdharrow

Default Re: [Released] - Regiments of Renown!

Can't wait for the Chaos ones!!! Are the Swords of Chaos going to be one of them? I hope Emcdunna makes a patch so we can use them in lorehammer after you release the new ones!
    Last edited by Falco; October 29, 2016 at 08:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Falco View Post
    Can't wait for the Chaos ones!!! Are the Swords of Chaos going to be one of them? I hope Emcdunna makes a patch so we can use them in lorehammer after you release the new ones!
    Absolutely! Swords of Chaos were one of the first ones that I was 100% sure on for the Chaos roster, and there's some great reference material for them. We're excited about the way they are looking so far!! Some pretty awesome units in the list for sure.

Emcdunna will definitely patch them, in fact it'll probably go live almost immediately after, since we're teammates and we can plan for that, but good reminder I'll discuss it with him today! . Cheers and thanks for your interest!

GROMBRINDAL GIVEAWAY

Hey everyone! Got a fun piece of news to announce.

Thanks to one of our amazing testers: Pvt. Sekulic, we have TWO extra Grombrindal activation keys to give away!! We're going to do a raffle for them, one at All Tabletop Lords, and one over at Regiments of Renown!

The rules are simple, and there's an image below explaining it as well. Entries accepted until Friday, 11/11/16 @ 9:00pm PST, using the phrase "Grombrindal Has No Fear!"

Winners will be announced Saturday morning, and I'll reach out to the winners on both mod pages, to send the code!!

Good luck, may the Ancestor Gods be with you!

Any news on when the Chaos RoR are being released?