Thread: Build your own catapult!

Flinn's Avatar His Dudeness of TWC
    Patrician Citizen Content Emeritus Administrator Emeritus Gaming Emeritus

Blog Entries

Default Build your own catapult!

While lurking around the net I stumbled upon this interesting page about catapults (ballistas)

It's a bit outdated (2008), but it proved an interesting reading; it both depicts the use and the costruction of a roman catapult (an variants); I'm not very deep inside the matter, but I think it can be a good source for ye historians; also shows quite a good amount of close up pictures, useful for our belowed modders I guess
    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader

Magister Militum Flavius Aetius's Avatar δούξ θρᾳκήσιου
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Default Re: Build your own catapult!

The Onager is wrong. There's three proposed reconstructions of the Onager, two of which make absolutely no real sense. D.B. Campbell has a discussion on it in his "Ancient Artillery: Some Hypothesis Reexamined" which can be found for free online.

Legio VI Ferrata sells a video on how our Catapulta "The Beast" was built.

Flinn's Avatar His Dudeness of TWC
    Patrician Citizen Content Emeritus Administrator Emeritus Gaming Emeritus

Blog Entries

Default Re: Build your own catapult!

well as I said I'm not well inside this kind of stuff, so pick them for what they are: fan stuff
    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader