Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Greenwich Palace

Mary The Quene's Avatar Praeses

Default Re: Greenwich Palace

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf. View Post
    Percy thought he was so clever, playing both sides with promises of alliance and marriage. No matter. Holland's own son John was to marry a Percy, and therefore he would benefit with one of their blood remaining at the side of the King, as opposed to this... Woodeville, the daughter of some mere knightly upstart, no matter how noble her husband was.

"Get your belly fat with a son from the King's loins. Silence any witness or priest that conducted it with gold... Or other means. If the King denies it, then your case is clear. No idiot would be fool enough to choose Woodeville over the royal word."
    The Queen touched her belly, they all said she has to give a son, maybe they speak the truth.

Ofcourse, i will give him a dozen sons if that is required of me, God willing every year i will give my husband a son.

The queen turned her gaze from her belly back to Duke Exeter.

Edward said the priest was drunk, we need to know what he still knows and bribe him off to ''forget'' his words or perhaps use more... lehtal methods if he doesn't cooperate. Any other witnesses likely include Lady Grey's family, they can't be bribed, we need lethal force for that i fear.

The Queen paused for a while.

But if i commit that most heinous act everybody will accuse me of it, don't you think?

Quote Originally Posted by Mors Vigilia View Post
    You are referring to the altarpiece in the cathedral?

Sanders nodded emphatically.

I wonderful piece; so colourful! If you ever get a chance to attend mass there then you shall see how it shines before the throng.
    The Queen looked with great interest, art was her favorite subject.

Yes!, i have heard the rumors, a pleasure for the eye from what i hear.

The queen nodded.

Are you not related to the Van Der Goes family in some way?
    She had heard some vague rumor of it
    Veritas Temporis Filia

"If the priest is gone, nobody will listen to a group of common swineherds like the Woodvilles. If the King doesn't confess, you are safe." Holland affirmed, having cooled his anger slightly. He was in Percy's camp now, he surmised, and the favour of a queen was a fickle beast. "Gather allies, Your Grace. Curry favour. And prepare for the storm."

"If the priest is gone, nobody will listen to a group of common swineherds like the Woodvilles. If the King doesn't confess, you are safe." Holland affirmed, having cooled his anger slightly. He was in Percy's camp now, he surmised, and the favour of a queen was a fickle beast. "Gather allies, Your Grace. Curry favour. And prepare for the storm."
    The Queen nodded again, he was now her ally in the storm to come, and a powerful one.

Your are right Duke Exeter, if the priest is gone then nobody shall take those lowly Woodvilles for their words. The queen breathed slowly, so young and already having to find a way in this court of intrigue of plotting.

The queen rose from her chair

So i can count upon the Holland support, Percy support obviously and i have also gained support from De Mowbray about the matter, whose support should i add in this list?

The Queen's gaze turned to Lady Anne

Lady Anne, you are the sister of Lady Elizabeth, you must speak and convince your blood own sister to support me my dear sister, if you would please talk with her about the matter please.
    Veritas Temporis Filia

Quote Originally Posted by Della Rovere View Post
    The Queen looked with great interest, art was her favorite subject.

Yes!, i have heard the rumors, a pleasure for the eye from what i hear.

The queen nodded.

Are you not related to the Van Der Goes family in some way?
    She had heard some vague rumor of it
    Sanders experience two emotions simultaneously. He was outwardly proud that the queen knew of him in some detail, but also he was a man alone in a new foreign land with all the new experiences that may entail.

My... ah what is the English... my wife is a van der Goes.
    Creative Writing: (Currently on hold)
    The Domini Sepulchre
    The Sword and Quill

"My sister Elizabeth was very close to her brother, Edmund, in age and manner." Anne finally spoke, surprising even Holland. Elizabeth still raged against all those complicit in her beloved brother's death, for they were perhaps the closest in age and friendship. "Forgive me Your Grace but... Your father was present at Wakefield for Lancaster, the battle in which my father was slain and Edmund murdered. She may still bear it as a grudge." Anne herself loved Edmund and her father, of course, but she knew it was merely war, and the brutal hand of Clifford and Anjou that led to their end. Elizabeth was less forgiving.

Sanders experience two emotions simultaneously. He was outwardly proud that the queen knew of him in some detail, but also he was a man alone in a new foreign land with all the new experiences that may entail.

My... ah what is the English... my wife is a van der Goes.
    Now that was interesting, an artist related to an artist by marriage.

Oh, interesting, an artist related to an artist by marriage, then you must bring her here someday, it would be pleasure to talk with a Van Der Goes related to the famous one.

Or maybe not she thought, she didn't like the thought of putting an innocent woman in a viper nest, a nest of conspirators driving herself crazy.

My servants have prepared a fine accommodation, i think you'll need rest after such a long journey, is it not?

"My sister Elizabeth was very close to her brother, Edmund, in age and manner." Anne finally spoke, surprising even Holland. Elizabeth still raged against all those complicit in her beloved brother's death, for they were perhaps the closest in age and friendship. "Forgive me Your Grace but... Your father was present at Wakefield for Lancaster, the battle in which my father was slain and Edmund murdered. She may still bear it as a grudge." Anne herself loved Edmund and her father, of course, but she knew it was merely war, and the brutal hand of Clifford and Anjou that led to their end. Elizabeth was less forgiving.
    The Queen seemed to stutter again, like she had done so many times when she was young.

I..i..i can not turn back what my father has done wrong but you must tell her i..i am so sorry for my father's action and offer compensation for that loss, you must talk with her, i need the support of the king's sisters, oh please.

The queen raged and let her cup of wine fell

This court is driving an innocent soul to madness, why can't i find peace and love, the only thing i desire!

Veritas Temporis Filia

Now that was interesting, an artist related to an artist by marriage.

Oh, interesting, an artist related to an artist by marriage, then you must bring her here someday, it would be pleasure to talk with a Van Der Goes related to the famous one.

Or maybe not she thought, she didn't like the thought of putting an innocent woman in a viper nest, a nest of conspirators driving herself crazy.

My servants have prepared a fine accommodation, i think you'll need rest after such a long journey, is it not?
    The artist gave a noncommittal nod.

I shall have my effects moved into it, but I am interested to see what happens in this place when the sun goes down. I am not so tired yet.
    The Domini Sepulchre
    The Sword and Quill

"I will try, dear, but know that you have mine and my husband's support, at the least."

The artist gave a noncommittal nod.

I shall have my effects moved into it, but I am interested to see what happens in this place when the sun goes down. I am not so tired yet.
    The Queen laughed softly, ''oh is he interested in court intrigue?'' she thought

Ah, you are interested in what happens here at night?, well i can tell you it is conspiring and murmuring in dark corners no doubt, i do not want your innocent and beautiful mind and soul to be tainted by court intrigue, my advice is not involve you within it if you hold your life dear maestro.

The queen continued to stare

you will see with time this court is nothing but a viper's nest, and dealing with that makes you tired maestro, trust me.

"I will try, dear, but know that you have mine and my husband's support, at the least."
    The queen took Lady Anne's hand like only sisters do.

Thank you my dear sister and my brother, you have my eternal gratitude for your support, i will hold you both always dear in my heart.

Veritas Temporis Filia

The Queen laughed softly, ''oh is he interested in court intrigue?'' she thought

Ah, you are interested in what happens here at night?, well i can tell you it is conspiring and murmuring in dark corners no doubt, i do not want your innocent and beautiful mind and soul to be tainted by court intrigue, my advice is not involve you within it if you hold your life dear maestro.

The queen continued to stare

you will see with time this court is nothing but a viper's nest, and dealing with that makes you tired maestro, trust me.
    Sanders eyed the queen quizzically.

Is that so? Well I shall certainly take your warning to heart, your grace.

It was not long before the artist's smile returned.

So let us talk of revelry! There must be something here or nearby that can lift the hearts of man and woman alike?
    The Domini Sepulchre
    The Sword and Quill

The Queen's gaze turned dark, it was all getting to much for her

Yes, you must.

The queen sounded now more authoritative

Revelry? We do desire that but it can not be done now. I have a special request.

The queen's gaze turned to her innocent daughter that lay sleeping next to her chair in a craddle.

You must take my dear daughter to your house that i have prepared for you, nobody knows about you here save me and that is your advantage, you must keep her safe for there are big things to happen, god forgive me for it, and keep it silent.

Indeed, it was time to put down her enemies before a conspiracy popped up against her, it would require blood, something she did not want to taint her little daughter with.
    Veritas Temporis Filia

Alexander failed to hide a wince. Despite her warnings to him the queen seemed intent to include him in something.

A relative stranger ensconced with the princess of the realm?

There was also a strange paranoia that Sanders was feeling. Had the queen suddenly tired of him and had thought of some way to have him cut down while "kidnapping the princess"?
    The Domini Sepulchre
    The Sword and Quill

Holland returns to Greenwich, seeking an audience with the Queen. He is alone.

Holland returns to Greenwich, seeking an audience with the Queen. He is alone.
    Lord Exeter is allowed to speak the queen who is by now sick and tired of the conspiracies forming behind her back, the queen was very nervous about it all, her hands still bleeding from slamming a door out of anger, never had she been this upset.

Lord Exeter, my ally, what brings you here.

Alexander failed to hide a wince. Despite her warnings to him the queen seemed intent to include him in something.

A relative stranger ensconced with the princess of the realm?

There was also a strange paranoia that Sanders was feeling. Had the queen suddenly tired of him and had thought of some way to have him cut down while "kidnapping the princess"?
    The Queen nodded.

You must, nobody knows about you in this court, it is why i trust you with this task, you must hide her from the storm to come, please take my daughter and bring her in safety.

The queen ordered her servants to give the maestro the child, she ordered the maestro to head for the accommodation she prepared for him. She bid her daughter farewell with a kiss.

Now go, for blood will be spilled, go and do not come back until i tell you.
    Last edited by Mary The Quene; November 09, 2016 at 12:04 PM.
    Veritas Temporis Filia

"The Woodville has publicly declared herself to be the Queen, at her own son's wedding." Exeter growled in anger, resembling a frustrated bear. "You must move, and fast. What allies do you have?"

THAT WHORE OF A LANCASTRIAN KNIGHT!!! She yelled through the hall, her anger knew no limits anymore, now she must be dealt with for once and for all.

HOW DOES SHE DARE? HOW DOES SHE?, she now threw her wine on the ground, that Woodville will hang for sure.

Her dark gaze turned back to Lord Exeter.

My father of the Percy house support me obviously as do the Mowbrays, now obviously that whore will seek support from the clergy to obtain an annulment so we must counter them and seek support by the clergy to deny them that annulment, perhaps we should contact the archbishop of York?

The queen was still furious.

I will see her downfall, you are my proof of a conspiracy forming behind my back, i will also forge letters to disgrace her. We must act now and quick, we must rally the Yeomen and provide them this proof so they may arrest the vipers and conspirators.

The Queen went to a nearby table and started writing.

Now, if you can convince more lords to support me then you should do it quickly.

the queen continued writing forged letters.
    Veritas Temporis Filia

Holland was not entirely sure how the Queen gathered she would do this all alone. The consort had no power without the King, especially when Bourchier held all the cards.

"Then by all means woman, summon Mowbray! He is the Earl Marshal, by God! Letters won't do even a fraction of what Mowbray will!"
    Exeter grumbled in anger, closing the distance between himself and the young Percy queen. "Think clearly, by christ! Have you lost your wits?"

Elizabeth Woodville, Kent and Essex arrive to Greenwich. The eldest Bourchier, Henry, Earl of Essex and Derby, storms into his brother's chambers:

"Brother!"

Said the cardinal, genuinely surprised, he dropped his inkpot ruining a clean parchment. His secretary almost fainted.

"What brings you here, Henry? And..."

He raised from his seat.

"Kent... Grey"

He saluted.

"This is unexpected"

"We have something to tell you. This woman here, she's married to the king"

The cardinal frowned.

"I think... I don't understand you"

"Bullocks! This is Edward's wife. Percy is the result of a bigamous union"

"That cannot be... right. I married them before whole England. Lord Neville, is this true?"

The hawk-like profile of Bourchier turned to face Kent.

Left: artwork by the great Duncan Fegredo.

A link to my Deviantart's account.

Holland was not entirely sure how the Queen gathered she would do this all alone. The consort had no power without the King, especially when Bourchier held all the cards.

"Then by all means woman, summon Mowbray! He is the Earl Marshal, by God! Letters won't do even a fraction of what Mowbray will!"
    Exeter grumbled in anger, closing the distance between himself and the young Percy queen. "Think clearly, by christ! Have you lost your wits?"
    By God! The queen panicked, never before she had been in this dangerous position.

I will summon De Mowbray and the arcbischop of York immediately, by god help me guiding through this dark night!

The queen's face turned white.

SUMMON ME DE MOWBRAY AND THE ARCHBISCHOP OF YORK FOR ME, NOW, AND BRING ME DE VERE TOO.

She yelled to one of her servants, indicating they must go as fast as possible.
    Last edited by Mary The Quene; November 09, 2016 at 12:47 PM.
    Veritas Temporis Filia

Quote Originally Posted by Oznerol View Post
    Elizabeth Woodville, Kent and Essex arrive to Greenwich. The eldest Bourchier, Henry, Earl of Essex and Derby, storms into his brother's chambers:

"Brother!"

Said the cardinal, genuinely surprised, he dropped his inkpot ruining a clean parchment. His secretary almost fainted.

"What brings you here, Henry? And..."

He raised from his seat.

"Kent... Grey"

He saluted.

"This is unexpected"

"We have something to tell you. This woman here, she's married to the king"

The cardinal frowned.

"I think... I don't understand you"

"Bullocks! This is Edward's wife. Percy is the result of a bigamous union"

"That cannot be... right. I married them before whole England. Lord Neville, is this true?"

The hawk-like profile of Bourchier turned to face Kent.
    "Unfortunately, it is true." William affirmed wheezily, being supported by his cane. With him marched the entirety of the Neville group, including the Earl of Salisbury. "Percy is no lawful wife of Edward's - it appears that at the least there was a contract for marriage, if not a true wedding."