Thread: Questions about Stainless Steel

Incendio's Avatar Semisalis

Default Questions about Stainless Steel

Hi,

I want to download this mod and I have some questions:

- Is possible to install Stainless Steel in a Steam version with Medieval 2 Total War + DLC Kingdoms?
    - I have other mods installed. Will Stainless Steel affect those mods?
    - Stainless Steel includes units of the Pike & Shot era? (I mean musketeers, buccaneers, pikemen)
    - Is the campaign stable, reliable and free of CTD?

Thank you in advance.

Default Re: Questions about Stainless Steel

1. Yes.

2. No.

3. Pikemen, Musketeers.. all there

4. If you play SS 6.4 + Bugfix compilation it is

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

If you're looking for Pike&Shot you might be disappointed. SS is mainly about medieval warfare, even if at the end there're units for P&S. I think other mods like Italian Wars or 1648 would suit your taste better. Otherwise, the SS is a perfect mod for the medieval times (and with SSHIP even better )
    Mod leader of the SSHIP: traits, ancillaries, scripts, buildings, geography, economy.
    ..............................................................................................................................................................................
    If you want to play a historical mod in the medieval setting the best are:
    Stainless Steel Historical Improvement Project and Broken Crescent.
    Recently, Tsardoms and TGC look also very good. Read my opinions on the other mods here.
    ..............................................................................................................................................................................
    Reviews of the mods (all made in 2018): SSHIP, Wrath of the Norsemen, Broken Crescent.
    Follow home rules for playing a game without exploiting the M2TW engine deficiencies.
    Hints for Medieval 2 moders: forts, merchants, AT-NGB bug, trade fleets.
    Thrones of Britannia: review, opinion on the battles, ideas for modding. Shieldwall is promising!
    Dominant strategy in Rome2, Attila, ToB and Troy: “Sniping groups of armies”. Still there, alas!

why with SS6.4. in the single grand campaign in the batles with allies factions, games falls and phhrases in window its data errors or something like that... goes eliminate this problem somehow? Please, give me an advice, or on this website is the solution, please directions, thank you..