Thread: Total War: Rome - Forever!

Default Total War: Rome - Forever!

Some people like playing "pure" or "vanilla" (without mods) version of Rome: Total War. However, the graphics in the old vanilla Rome: Total War is not that good for the year of 2016. But at the same time, the original RTW engine (2004) is so good, that it allows to upgrade graphics in all directions: from 2D to 3D. We know really good mods that have perfect graphics like Roma Surrectum (on battle map) and many more.

The goal of this project (Total War: Rome - Forever!) is to update/improve/upgrade graphics of the vanilla Rome TW. The overall gameplay (strategic map, factions, units) will be the same as in the vanilla, but they will have better 3d models, 2d cards.

Here are few examples of what we are going to improve (under the spoiler).

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

The full list of what I think is reasonable to improve in under the next spoiler:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Main menu and UI
    ----Main Menu
    --------Faction maps
    ----Game map
    ----Loading screens
    ----Faction symbols
    --------For loading screens
    --------For menu icons (small & huge)
    --------For strat banners
    --------For battle banners
    ------------General banners
    ------------Unit banners
    ----Battle user interface
    ----Campaign user interface
    ----Units icons
    Strat map
    ----Strat unit models
    --------Generals
    --------Armies
    --------Diplomats
    --------Spies
    --------Killers
    --------Ships
    ----Strat cities models
    --------Cities
    --------Forst
    --------Towers
    --------Ports
    ----New textures & models of environment
    Battle map
    ----Battle unit models
    --------Generals
    --------Captains
    --------Soldiers & Officers
    ----Battle models for siege weapons
    --------Rams
    --------Towers
    --------Sap points
    --------Ladders
    ----Upgraded cities
    ----New textures & models of environment
    Main intro video (trailer-like)
    Unit balance
    Music
    In-game intro speeches

The team: I am not going to start the project alone, because the amount of work to do is impossible for 1 person. So if can help by any means (there are a lot of ways to help, mostly 2D graphics & 3d modeling) and interested in playing vanilla but perfect Rome Total War, please inform me and join the team. The most important "job" in the project at this time is "3D models editor", the man, who will create new 3D models or just take them from other good mods and implement them to game.

If you do not believe that some of the items of the list under the last spoiler can't be implemented in game, look at the mod that I was working on (together with the ZM team) before: Rome: Total War Zombie Mod. In that thread, look at the amazing screenshots of the main menu and other things under the spoilers.

leoni's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: Total War: Rome - Forever!

here you can find free stuff from me, like better strat map terrain and interfaces....just use it, if you want....http://www.twcenter.net/forums/downloads.php?do=cat&id=20

More than a year has passed after the first (and the only) post in this thread from me.

Finally, I have decided to start working on the mod and my old teammate (Zombie Mod team) Kaimar agreed to help a little bit. First, we will start with editing the rome total war main menu. Similar to the Zombie Mod we will merge the black and red style of Rome I and menu elements (like buttons) of the Rome II total War. You can preview some example of this approach in the Zombie Mod page on TWC

In my opinion, creating the new Rome Total War Menu will be useful for all other Rome Total War mods too, because other modders will be able to use our results (menu) in their mod.

Remember, that we need a lot of help with different parts of the mod. So if u can help us please contact me.

For now, here is some preview of possible new background for the Rome: Total War - Forever! Mod.

I think it's a very interesting project. Keep up the good work!