Thread: Old loading screens?

Ciciro's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Old loading screens?

Is there any way to get back the old loading screens/old splash screens? I don't like how the new loading screens are all Rome related, when 99% of the time I don't even play as Rome.

Default Re: Old loading screens?

Quote Originally Posted by Ciciro View Post
    Is there any way to get back the old loading screens/old splash screens? I don't like how the new loading screens are all Rome related, when 99% of the time I don't even play as Rome.
    I second that!

Although i play as Rome for 100% i think the old screens were far superiour,
    and felt like coherent with the rest of the workflow.

It seems like and old B-movie from the 50´ies or something like the former
    screens was actually quite good, and got me started as playing as Rome.

Something for RS 3.2?....

Quote Originally Posted by romavictoria View Post
    I second that!

Although i play as Rome for 100% i think the old screens were far superiour,
    and felt like coherent with the rest of the workflow.

It seems like and old B-movie from the 50´ies or something like the former
    screens was actually quite good, and got me started as playing as Rome.

Something for RS 3.2?....
    -Besides that the text in the (info-corners to the left and to the right) is still to small
    to be read correctly...in RS.3 starting/screens...

just had to quote mysel!"...

dvk' can confirm - but I am 99+% sure that this change was made to deal with a fairly consistent crashing/CTD issue.
    "RTW/RS VH campaign difficulty is bugged out (CA bug that never got fixed) and thus easier than Hard so play on that instead" - apple

RSII 2.5/2.6 Tester and pesky irritant to the Team. Mucho praise for long suffering dvk'.

dvk901's Avatar Consummatum est
    Patrician

The loading screens were changed because Quintillius contributed them along with many UI changes that I liked...in particular because they gave the player something to read in place of the quotes, which were removed because they were found to contribute to the after battle CTD's. When I update the installer I'll include the old ones as an option.

Creator of: "Ecce, Roma Surrectum....Behold, Rome Arises!"
    R.I.P. My Beloved Father

Quote Originally Posted by dvk901 View Post
    The loading screens were changed because Quintillius contributed them along with many UI changes that I liked...in particular because they gave the player something to read in place of the quotes, which were removed because they were found to contribute to the after battle CTD's. When I update the installer I'll include the old ones as an option.
    -Fantastic news!

About the low-resolution i started a new campaign an hour ago as Rome, no low-resolution. BI.exe RS 2.6
    I think the problem lies within the borders, whereabout the borders in between, just barely, barely wont fix to eachother seamlessly.

I have orderes Alex.exe (anthology) because im going to solve this dealbreaker once and for all, fabolous work
    with RS 2.6 its by FAR the best modd out there, (and i have tried them all) restarting with 3.0 with Alex.exe

RTR V11
    RTR Gold
    SPOR

RS wins hands down...(actually RS is a form of a juggernaut)...