Thread: Mod crashing at End of Turns

Default Mod crashing at End of Turns

I made a mod that worked perfectly untill I edit the startpos. Now, everytime I end turn it crashes during the AI's turn, its usually on a minor factions turn. It's the good ole crash to desktop. One time it made it to turn 2 of the AI rounds. Any ideas?

I deleted all of the starting armies, characters, and characters to settlements, but I don't think its an issue with that. Ive done alot of work on this mod so any help would be greatly apreciated.

*Update* All of the factions campaigns load fine, except for one faction, Carloman, the game crashes when attempting to load their campaign. Think it has anything to do with that faction?
    Last edited by Subotai!; October 22, 2016 at 07:05 PM.

Default Re: Mod crashing at End of Turns

This does sound like something to do with the startpos. What exactly did you change in the startpos, and did you do it in PFM or the Assembly Kit? Sometimes it's more stable to make your changes in the Assembly Kit.

Oh, have you removed some factions? Make sure that they don't have any characters left - statesmen, their wives and children, anything. Accidentally leaving in something like that when you remove a faction can result in things like this.

I made the startpos changes with the Assembly kit. I deleted all characters for the Charlemagne campaign, changed region ownership, changed some diplomacy and deleted all land units (basically a blank map). so I don't think that has anything to do with it. Do I have to delete the actual factions that don't have any territory?

No, you shouldn't have to actually delete factions.

If you change region ownership, just make sure you haven't accidentally left in characters of another faction inside the city of that region.

Other than that, I'm not really sure why it would crash. But I would bet on something like that. Go through your changes in the kit carefully and check what it could be.

Oh wait, hold on. I see the edit in your first post now. If it's just a problem loading one faction's campaign, then you might have an error somewhere else. Maybe you missed a step in making that faction playable.

I had this same problem, but when I looked back I saw what happened. Thank you!