Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: North & South: American Civil War 2.0 New Maps, New Units, Bug Fixes, and MORE!!!!

Default Re: North & South: American Civil War 2.0 New Maps, New Units, Bug Fixes, and MORE!!!!

UPDATE: December 4, 2017

Finished the majority of all texture/uniform/icon/etc. work and now it is a matter of tweaking and making things more pretty.

I have had huge issues with both PackFileManager 1.5.9 and the Lordz Atlas tool in corrupting files or rows within files. So that has meant the loss of ability to add more randomized uniform and gear parts. I will keep working at those aspects, possibly rebuilding all the atlas files from scratch, which is painful and that may help the issue.

Here are the 'as is' 99% complete texture files for both the Union and Confederates. If you see 'cross posted' uniforms or parts, that is because they are used for the other faction in a scenario or special unit type. You may even find Robert E. Lee's face if you look closely..... and he looks good in-game. More images provided as I finalize them as well.

And here is General Lee as well.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ACW_Union_diffuse.jpg   ACW_Confed_diffuse.jpg   20171204090727_1.jpg   20171204090735_1.jpg  
    Last edited by Slyk; December 04, 2017 at 03:13 PM.
    ACW 2.6 - American Civil War Released:

https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...ar-June-2-2019

Default Re: North & South: American Civil War 2.0 New Maps, New Units, Bug Fixes, and MORE!!!!

Hopefully you're able to get the uniform variance to work . Even if you're not able to get that to work I'm very excited about the new maps and new scenario battles. Me and a few my friends are going to do all of your battles in order from early war too late war battles. Pretty much like a campaign.

Thank, Rhettvito. Textures are all sorted out, mostly ;p I have to use thing like: /hats/14th_Brooklyn/texture to get the /blanket_roll_red/texture to actually apply because the ...red/texture won't show up at all.... seriously f'd Atlas rows. So frustrating. But, mostly everything is how I want it. Cleaning up things etc. Another oddity, General Lee's face texture was working, as you've seen above and now... NOT. WTF???? Damn odd stuff.

Also working on the User Manual, up to 30 pages atm and growing. Full details on the mod and contents. That will be released here soon, probably before the mod itself... which should be within...................................... days...............

Quote Originally Posted by Slyk View Post
    Thank, Rhettvito. Textures are all sorted out, mostly ;p I have to use thing like: /hats/14th_Brooklyn/texture to get the /blanket_roll_red/texture to actually apply because the ...red/texture won't show up at all.... seriously f'd Atlas rows. So frustrating. But, mostly everything is how I want it. Cleaning up things etc. Another oddity, General Lee's face texture was working, as you've seen above and now... NOT. WTF???? Damn odd stuff.

Also working on the User Manual, up to 30 pages atm and growing. Full details on the mod and contents. That will be released here soon, probably before the mod itself... which should be within...................................... days...............
    Even a User Manual now that is something I want to see! At least the mod being released is in the near future hopefully..... I've already waited a year I can wait another take your time. Regardless this mod is going to be fantastic

The User Guide Preview is complete and can be viewed by downloading the .pdf file. Hosted by Mediafire, not any other site so don't ask nor suggest, nor demand.
    The final version will be released with the mod, which is in the final stages of tweaking and clean-up. Release pending, hopefully for Christmas weekend... no promises, but I'm trying to complete this soon as possible with everything polished.

Thank you for your support so far!

*** User Guide Now Available for Public Preview ***
    *** Download the .pdf here: http://www.mediafire.com/file/f5vdxo...r-2017_pdf.pdf

Nice! Can't wait to hope on and try out all of the new battles!

Rezza's Avatar Tiro

Wanted to drop by and show my support for the amount of work going in to this! Keep it up. Amazing stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Rezza View Post
    Wanted to drop by and show my support for the amount of work going in to this! Keep it up. Amazing stuff.
    Thanks for your support! It's a ton of work but almost there. Still fighting corrupt atlas files but slowly sorting that out. Squashing a few final visual bugs and cleaning up maps. "Soon"

Hey Slyk, great work youre doing! Cant wait to get my hands on your most promising mod

Just a question: Will you include a campaign at some point too? (Sorry if this had been asked before)

Quote Originally Posted by Sidatarias View Post
    Hey Slyk, great work youre doing! Cant wait to get my hands on your most promising mod

Just a question: Will you include a campaign at some point too? (Sorry if this had been asked before)

I was thinking about putting this across the title page of the User Guide: "THERE IS NO CAMPAIGN NOR WILL THERE BE UNLESS SOME MODEL-MAKING GENIUS MAKES ME A CAMPAIGN MAP!".... ;p

So, no, sadly not at this time. I have had some great help from a great friend as he has spent countless hours trying to decompile and recompile the hacked-up-custom LUA of CA's. Many of the community tools only go so far or have so little documentation that it is difficult to use them for any good.

So, if someone out there:
    1. can help us with the necessary LUA work or at least provide some good documentation;
    2. a model maker can help me convert/develop a NEW U.S. Continental map into the a playable campaign...

Then I swear to you all that I will give you a MASSIVE, DETAILED and 'best yet' Civil War campaign game. I know we can produce something on the scale of "Third Age" (which I love). I just need dedicated people to do a few critical tasks.

If you know anyone.... who works for free....

Thank you for the quick reply. Sorry for having missed this crucial message lol. Unfortunately I dont know anyone, but I will play the hell out of this awesome mod anyway

Ygraine's Avatar Campidoctor

Excellent work!

A campaign would be marvellous

I've also lost lots of work in PFM due to corrupted tables so I know how you feel... Better start making backups after every little save!
    (2nd position - Gameplay Mods-category - 2016 Modding Awards.)

It's the Atlas manager tool that's the worst issue. Pack file manager crashes a lot with variant model edits but that's workable. The Atlas corruptions are a huge pain in the a$$

Without words ... awesome scenarios! Perfect to enjoy the Secession War battles

I was thinking about putting this across the title page of the User Guide: "THERE IS NO CAMPAIGN NOR WILL THERE BE UNLESS SOME MODEL-MAKING GENIUS MAKES ME A CAMPAIGN MAP!".... ;p

So, no, sadly not at this time. I have had some great help from a great friend as he has spent countless hours trying to decompile and recompile the hacked-up-custom LUA of CA's. Many of the community tools only go so far or have so little documentation that it is difficult to use them for any good.

So, if someone out there:
    1. can help us with the necessary LUA work or at least provide some good documentation;
    2. a model maker can help me convert/develop a NEW U.S. Continental map into the a playable campaign...

Then I swear to you all that I will give you a MASSIVE, DETAILED and 'best yet' Civil War campaign game. I know we can produce something on the scale of "Third Age" (which I love). I just need dedicated people to do a few critical tasks.

If you know anyone.... who works for free....
    Unfortunetly My custom made american campaign map for shogun 2 Does not work with ntw I also tried to import the etw map with the required data and than again it does not load up. I think the heightmap for ntw Campaign is moddable though Maybe edit it and than along with supertexture but i doubt it will Be as good as a real map

Thanks, Rohan, for that comment. I wish we could make a new map as I would devote the time to making a full campaign game. I just have not had the time to investigate any port of the Empire map, let alone what would be required. It is too bad that your efforts didn't produce a working map for NTW. If you have any ideas or energy to put into a project, please let me know. I had played the Middle Earth mod for Medieval2 and had hopes that someday NTW could be done with a new map.

Right now, I'm one guy doing everything and there are still a lot of items to finish up just for this project.

Thanks again!

Thanks, Rohan, for that comment. I wish we could make a new map as I would devote the time to making a full campaign game. I just have not had the time to investigate any port of the Empire map, let alone what would be required. It is too bad that your efforts didn't produce a working map for NTW. If you have any ideas or energy to put into a project, please let me know. I had played the Middle Earth mod for Medieval2 and had hopes that someday NTW could be done with a new map.

Right now, I'm one guy doing everything and there are still a lot of items to finish up just for this project.

Thanks again!
    I did a test today The heightmap can be changed for sure in NTW But it works along with the supertexture unlike shogun wich is easier. within a couple days i will test a supertexture and try to See what it looks like I believe the best solution is changing the Supertexture and the Heightmap for the Visuals and changing the region names

IF it can be done..... I would want an accurate "realistic" US map. Middle-Pennsylvania south to mid-Florida, east coast to the west to include Arkansas. As a rough guide. Accurate regions... no idea how many at this point, but easily 40, more likely 100 to cover all those areas. Am I asking too much from the engine/what is possible?

IF it can be done..... I would want an accurate "realistic" US map. Middle-Pennsylvania south to mid-Florida, east coast to the west to include Arkansas. As a rough guide. Accurate regions... no idea how many at this point, but easily 40, more likely 100 to cover all those areas. Am I asking too much from the engine/what is possible?
    Like i said the best solution is to take an ntw map change the Visuals and thats the only solution etw and ntw do not support new maps or new campaigns so this is the best solution it can't be 100%
    new and accurate

Quote Originally Posted by rohan97 View Post
    Like i said the best solution is to take an ntw map change the Visuals and thats the only solution etw and ntw do not support new maps or new campaigns so this is the best solution it can't be 100%
    new and accurate
    This is a small preview on what can be done for example now it sure isn't much of a start but you get the idea.

The best we can do is take an ntw map change the region names and supertexture stuff like i said.

I can improve some things for sure but Than again like i said this is the only solution ntw and etw do not support new maps as the tools required to make them are not available to modders
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20171231140744_1.jpg