Page 1 of 15 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: North & South: American Civil War 2.0 New Maps, New Units, Bug Fixes, and MORE!!!!

Default North & South: American Civil War 2.0 New Maps, New Units, Bug Fixes, and MORE!!!!

UPDATE: January 2, 2018:

I have been working on cleaning up a variety of things from maps to icons to uniforms and far more. Between spontaneously corrupting files.. damn you PackFileManager and the Atlas tool... anyway.... I have added the Union III Corps to the game with several unique units.
    - Excelsior Brigade, each for four regiments represented: 70th and 72nd New York in standard 'blue' and the 73rd and 74th New York in their respective Zouave uniforms. *see page 11 for images*
    - 114th Pennsylvania "Collis's Zouaves"
    - III Corps leaders

Lots of other tweaks and changes across just about every aspect.

I am targeting the week of JANUARY 15th for the release.

*** User Guide Now Available for Public Preview ***
    *** Download the .pdf here: http://www.mediafire.com/file/f5vdxo...r-2017_pdf.pdf

The long-delayed and much over-due release of version 2.0 for this amazing mod is in progress!!!! I have a long list of new content, bug fixes, and more planned.

Historical Scenarios are now in production!! I have moved from mapping to developing the Historical Scenarios (XML files) for a number of the battle maps. Check the section below for updates of specific battles.

New Battle maps:
    -- Beaver Damn Creek (complete)
    --
    Bristoe Station (complete)
    -- Cedar Creek - Morning (complete)
    -- Cedar Creek - Afternoon (complete)
    -- Cedar Mountain (complete)
    -- Champion Hill (complete)
    -- Chancellorsville (complete)
    -- Cold Harbor (complete)
    -- Conewago Creek - East *What-if* (complete)
    -- Conewago Creek - Center *What-if* (complete)
    -- Conewago Creek - West *What-if* (complete)
    -- Cross Keys (complete)

-- Franklin (complete)
    -- Fisher's Hill (complete)
    -- Fort Wagner (complete)
    -- Fredericksburg (complete)
    -- Gaines Mill (complete)
    -- Glendale (complete)
    -- Malvern Hill (complete)

-- Mansfield (complete)
    -- New Market
    -- Pea Ridge: Leetown, March 7, 1862 (complete)
    -- Pea Ridge: Elkhorn Tavern, March 8, 1862 (complete)

-- Perryville (complete)
    -- Second Manassas (complete)
    -- Seven Pines (complete)
    -- South Mountain: Turner's and Fox's Gaps (complete)
    -- South Mountain: Crampton's Gap (complete)

-- Spotsylvania Court House (complete)
    -- Wilderness Tavern (complete)
    -- Wilderness: Orange Turnpike
    -- Wilderness: Plank Road
    -- Wilson's Creek (complete)

Version 1.0 Battle maps included:
    -- Antietam: Cornfield
    -- Antietam: Bloody Lane
    -- Antietam: Burnside Bridge
    -- Antietam: Full battlefield at Division scale (by Primergy)
    -- Chickamauga
    -- Enlow Fork (what if map)
    -- First Manassas
    -- Gettysburg: McPherson's Ridge
    -- Gettysburg: Culp's Hill
    -- Gettysburg: Round Tops
    -- Gettysburg: Cemetery Ridge
    -- Shiloh
    -- Stone's River

Historical Scenarios for:
    -- Antietam: Cornfield
    -- Antietam: Bloody Lane
    -- Antietam: Burnside Bridge
    -- Chickamauga
    -- First Manassas
    -- Gettysburg: McPherson's Ridge
    -- Gettysburg: Culp's Hill
    -- Gettysburg: Round Tops
    -- Gettysburg: Cemetery Ridge
    -- Shiloh
    -- Stone's River

--
    planning to do most of the v2.0 battle maps as scenarios... will update as they are started/completed
    -- Beaver Dam Creek (complete)
    -- Bristoe Station .... planned
    -- Cedar Creek .... planned

-- Cedar Mountain (complete)
    -- Champion Hill (complete)
    -- Cold Harbor .... planned
    -- Conewago Creek - East *What-if* (complete)
    -- Conewago Creek - Center *What-if* (complete)
    -- Conewago Creek - West *What-if* (complete)

-- Fort Wagner .... (complete)

-- Franklin (complete)
    -- Fredericksburg (complete)

-- Gaines Mill (complete)
    -- Glendale (complete)
    -- Malvern Hill (complete)

-- Perryville (complete)
    -- Pea Ridge .... planned
    -- Second Manassas .... in progress

-- South Mountain (complete)
    -- Wilsons Creek .... planned

Multi-player Army Build Screenshots

Confederate: First Manassas

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Union_Manassas_large.jpg 
Views:	424 
Size:	567.4 KB 
ID:	344261

Union: First Manassas
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CSA_Manassas_large.jpg 
Views:	275 
Size:	555.0 KB 
ID:	344262

What I need:
    - Desperate help with graphics. I need existing content upgraded; mainly alpha layers corrected. Possibly new uniforms/tweaks.
    - If you are willing and most of all, CAPABLE to help with fixing up the uniform graphic files, crack the existing pack file and take a shot. Please contact me and let me know you are working on a new file and we'll coordinate.

More information coming as I can update you. There's a lot of work ahead and if things cooperate, a reasonable time frame to release more. Beta testers will be welcome. Contact me.

More soon!

Thanks,
    Slyk
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails acw2_announcement_image.jpg  
    Last edited by Slyk; January 02, 2018 at 10:35 AM. Reason: updating project progress - January 2, 2018
    ACW 2.6 - American Civil War Released:

https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...ar-June-2-2019

Primergy's Avatar Protector of the Union

Default Re: North & South: American Civil War 2.0 New Maps, New Units, Bug Fixes, and MORE!!!!

Great that you worked on some other maps!

Default Re: North & South: American Civil War 2.0 New Maps, New Units, Bug Fixes, and MORE!!!!

When will it come out

I was just informed that this project won 2nd place in the 2014 Mod of the Year Awards. Very cool. And with that, an update of in progress work. Play testing the new maps has been a lot of fun and you may find a few of us doing so on the random Saturday night.

I have a few maps done and/or small tweaks to complete, including:
    Fredericksburg
    Chancellorsville
    Seven Pines
    Second Manassas
    Wilderness

Working on Perryville right now and plan to do Malvern Hill, Cedar Mountain, maybe Cedar Creek... and a few others. I would like to do at least 10-12 new maps and set up most of those with Historical Scenarios.

We're are also trying to get the Lua scripting to work as well so that I can do the 'campaign' aspect like the standard game's 'Battles of Napoleon'. We'll see. I'll start with more info soon.

Wat will be the newUnits cause i'm Curious

There will be a few. new units and tweaks to existing ones for the multi-player battles. I've added new faction armies for First Bullrun, so you'll have the 1861 units. Also a new army selection for the west, Army of the Cumberland and confederate Army of Tennessee. There are new cavalry units, early, mid and late war stats for each faction. The armies your used to are all tweaked, new icons, improved stats and new units elite units for each army selection. Lots of changes and all for the better. Lots of others changes in process and some possible ground breaking changes no one has done.

yaaaaaasssss!!! thank you!

I can't wait till it comes out
    Last edited by Gen. Ulysses S. Grant; February 12, 2017 at 01:20 AM.

Release Date: To be determined due to the scope of the project.

Updates: We are looking into the battle scripting from the linear Napoleon Historical battles where you use the 'Campaign Map' to select the battles and fight the 'historical/scripted' AI. The hopes are to enable this for Single Player and possibly, leverage the scripting for Multi-player in a way to make the historical scenarios have smarter AI. At a minimum, we want to enable Single Player so that you can actually attack and have the AI defend intelligently instead of charging out to meet you. This is a HUGE effort, but well underway.

Maps:
    Eight completed and fully playable (without fences because placing those are dozens of hours per map and may have that done to some extent.
    - Completed so far:
    -- Cedar Mountain
    -- Chancellorsville
    -- Fredericksburg (Meade's attack)
    -- Gaines Mill
    -- Perryville
    -- Second Manassas
    -- Seven Pines
    -- Wilderness Tavern

On the white board:
    - Beaver Dam Creek
    - Bristoe Station
    - Cedar Creek
    - Fisher's Hill
    - Five Forks
    - Malvern Hill
    - South Mountain

And possibly others. The list changes as I find resource material and/or figure out which maps give the best options for game play and/or can offer a base for Historical Scenarios. I think a set of 12 new maps is a minimum and I would like to reach 15 or 16.

A couple screen shots from Cedar Mountain and then a couple showing the new Factions and units for the new First Manassas Armies:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20161204160635_1.jpg   20161205105206_1.jpg   20161205150200_1.jpg   20161205150150_1.jpg   20161205150139_1.jpg  

i would love to test the mod for ya just add me on steam at [63e] Ben

Biarchus

Great news Slyk, glad to see an update coming.

One question will ver. 2.0 have the entire(old maps & new maps) mod in it, or will a player need to have ver.1 first before they can download ver 2.0?

Cant wait till this Mod comes out

Quote Originally Posted by ztrain909 View Post
    Great news Slyk, glad to see an update coming.

One question will ver. 2.0 have the entire(old maps & new maps) mod in it, or will a player need to have ver.1 first before they can download ver 2.0?
    This will be an entire overwrite. Almost everything is being touched in some way. All the version 1 maps are included, some will be updated. Right now there are hopes to have 36 to 40 total, accurate battle maps. I've decided to do all of the Seven Days battles and have only Beaver Dam Creek to do in that campaign. We are making some progress on putting together a campaign style single player/multi player component similar to the "Campaigns of Napoleon". Not sure how that's going to look, but I'm hoping we can do it by faction and year. We'll see.

I still need model help. Lua help for the UI world be great.

I'll be asking a few select people for bets testing and AARs from their testing.

i'll test it

Biarchus

Quote Originally Posted by Slyk View Post
    This will be an entire overwrite. Almost everything is being touched in some way. All the version 1 maps are included, some will be updated. Right now there are hopes to have 36 to 40 total, accurate battle maps. I've decided to do all of the Seven Days battles and have only Beaver Dam Creek to do in that campaign. We are making some progress on putting together a campaign style single player/multi player component similar to the "Campaigns of Napoleon".
    Wow! I have to honest, I just became sexually aroused after reading this!

Excellent news. If I might suggest something.

I'm about as dumb as they come when it comes to installing mods, but believe it or not, there are players that I deal with that are dumber than me.

Please be very explicit when giving installation instructions, even for those players who already have ver.1.

Wow! Very nice. May I suggest a battle from the Vicksburg Campaign? I think they're very over looked, especially the battle of Champion Hill, the largest of the 5. A very important decisive engagement prior to the siege itself. Awesome work Slyk I'm looking forward to seeing these.

Quote Originally Posted by ecompany View Post
    Wow! Very nice. May I suggest a battle from the Vicksburg Campaign? I think they're very over looked, especially the battle of Champion Hill, the largest of the 5. A very important decisive engagement prior to the siege itself. Awesome work Slyk I'm looking forward to seeing these.
    Thanks for the suggestion. I will add that to the potential list. If I can find food source maps, I can do them for the game. Right now there are good maps coming from the Civil War Preservation Trust civilwar.org

I still need better detail source maps for crop tops, fences, etc. There are so my changes completed, in progress or planned, that this could look more like an entirely new game.

Latest update for the standard MP battle armies... 2-gun sections, the standard 4-gun battery and for the union, 6-gun batteries. Choices vary by faction and army but you'll have more diversity building your MP armies.

More info and screenshots coming.

RE: ztrain.... yes, rule #1: assume everyone is an idiot.
    Last edited by Slyk; December 15, 2016 at 07:03 AM.

i want play this mod right now

Biarchus

Quote Originally Posted by rmfhalt1 View Post
    i want play this mod right now
    You can. Ver. 1

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ctober-24-2014

Page 1 of 15 1234567891011 ... LastLast