Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Thread: North & South: American Civil War 2.0 New Maps, New Units, Bug Fixes, and MORE!!!!

Default Re: North & South: American Civil War 2.0 New Maps, New Units, Bug Fixes, and MORE!!!!

Tonight's testing:
    - Team is loading and proofing each Scenario battle
    - Validating the User Guide
    - General poking
    - Creating some footage for the Release Video...because everyone MUST do one or the millennials will revolt....

Default Re: North & South: American Civil War 2.0 New Maps, New Units, Bug Fixes, and MORE!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by WalterSobchak71 View Post
    It says the 22nd in his post.
    "Before the 22nd" for all we know it could be released tomorrow or sunday

You'll know when you know and no sooner. Sorry. I'm trying to get everything proofed and checked. It's a big project to be sure everyone is synced in testing to what I package.

Take your time. I, and many others would agree, I would rather this mod be delayed for a week rather then it be short cutted. Good luck!

Icon6 Re: North & South: American Civil War 2.0 New Maps, New Units, Bug Fixes, and MORE!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Slyk View Post
    snip
    If you post some pictures of Gaines' Mill I will eternally be grateful )))) xD
    Last edited by Frunk; Today at 03:44 AM. Reason: Quote snipped.

UPDATE: January 21st......

I am polishing some items that I had listed as 'if I have the time' as well as a dozen or more map issues that I wanted to fix after putting together raw video for a release movie. So, the last minute list of work includes these plus other minor tweaks:
    - more diverse fields for multiple maps... colour_map_0 stuff mostly
    - better rail road beds on some maps where they have straight runs
    - added rocks to stream beds on several maps
    - corrected the damned "Fredericksburg" river issue... I just turned it into a map-edge straight canal like thing
    - removed the river crossing in "Fisher's Hill"; still damned river terrain thing that looks horrible but....
    - Tweaked a couple deployment zones for maps
    - finalizing the texture dds and normal files

SOON!!!! Seriously.

Icon10 Re: North & South: American Civil War 2.0 New Maps, New Units, Bug Fixes, and MORE!!!!

[QUOTE=Slyk;15498812]UPDATE: January 21st......

I am polishing some items that I had listed as 'if I have the time' as well as a dozen or more map issues that I wanted to fix after putting together raw video for a release movie. So, the last minute list of work includes these plus other minor tweaks:
    - more diverse fields for multiple maps... colour_map_0 stuff mostly
    - better rail road beds on some maps where they have straight runs
    - added rocks to stream beds on several maps
    - corrected the damned "Fredericksburg" river issue... I just turned it into a map-edge straight canal like thing
    - removed the river crossing in "Fisher's Hill"; still damned river terrain thing that looks horrible but....
    - Tweaked a couple deployment zones for maps
    - finalizing the texture dds and normal files

SOON!!!! Seriously.

Are you going to release 2.0 or what, We are all waiting for you to release it !!!

ztrain909's Avatar Biarchus

Quote Originally Posted by Slyk View Post
    - Creating some footage for the Release Video...because everyone MUST do one or the millennials will revolt....
    I freakin love this!

I think what you should do for some sh#ts and giggles is tell everyone a crazy insane story of how your computer crashed, you lost all files, etc, etc.

Tell them it will probably be another year before release. Then just sit on the mod for a month for no reason.

Cmon Slyk, that will be so much fun! Please, please!

Ztrain, I was just thinking about you earlier today. Love the idea because I just came in to post the following...

"After spending about 35 hours per week for the past 70 weeks or so, I've decided to bag the whole thing. I just can't bear being lectured about having only 7 buttons on a jacket and not 8, or how a kepi should be worn 2 degrees titled to the right... some 12 year old #expert# that knows better than I do.".

Or something to that effect. Fact is, this is a huge project. 1,000s of hours, I'm doing it all alone. I've been modding longer than most have been alive or been playing PC games. Odds are most have played my stuff in other games and never knew it. Hell, they're playing my intellectual property now in Battlefield and CoD games. I'm a perfectionist with my own stuff. I'll see or know something no one else would notice. I want to fix small stuff. But I'm tired if this process and ready to release it. But I will correct the little stuff I know about.

No one wants this released more than I do. Trust that.

Hugs and kisses to the snowflakes.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12