Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Thread: North & South: American Civil War 2.0 New Maps, New Units, Bug Fixes, and MORE!!!!

Default Re: North & South: American Civil War 2.0 New Maps, New Units, Bug Fixes, and MORE!!!!

Tonight's testing:
    - Team is loading and proofing each Scenario battle
    - Validating the User Guide
    - General poking
    - Creating some footage for the Release Video...because everyone MUST do one or the millennials will revolt....

Default Re: North & South: American Civil War 2.0 New Maps, New Units, Bug Fixes, and MORE!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by WalterSobchak71 View Post
    It says the 22nd in his post.
    "Before the 22nd" for all we know it could be released tomorrow or sunday

You'll know when you know and no sooner. Sorry. I'm trying to get everything proofed and checked. It's a big project to be sure everyone is synced in testing to what I package.

Take your time. I, and many others would agree, I would rather this mod be delayed for a week rather then it be short cutted. Good luck!

Icon6 Re: North & South: American Civil War 2.0 New Maps, New Units, Bug Fixes, and MORE!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Slyk View Post
    snip
    If you post some pictures of Gaines' Mill I will eternally be grateful )))) xD
    Last edited by Frunk; Yesterday at 03:44 AM. Reason: Quote snipped.

UPDATE: January 21st......

I am polishing some items that I had listed as 'if I have the time' as well as a dozen or more map issues that I wanted to fix after putting together raw video for a release movie. So, the last minute list of work includes these plus other minor tweaks:
    - more diverse fields for multiple maps... colour_map_0 stuff mostly
    - better rail road beds on some maps where they have straight runs
    - added rocks to stream beds on several maps
    - corrected the damned "Fredericksburg" river issue... I just turned it into a map-edge straight canal like thing
    - removed the river crossing in "Fisher's Hill"; still damned river terrain thing that looks horrible but....
    - Tweaked a couple deployment zones for maps
    - finalizing the texture dds and normal files

SOON!!!! Seriously.

I know this will be in the very far future, but, do you think you are ever going to make a campaign with a map and all, or no. Also, I had a suggestion to make, if you know where it says "napoleon's battles" maybe there you can put some single player scenarios (if it isn't too much trouble). But no matter what you do, I support you!

Keep going --- MRBOSS

Icon10 Re: North & South: American Civil War 2.0 New Maps, New Units, Bug Fixes, and MORE!!!!

I am polishing some items that I had listed as 'if I have the time' as well as a dozen or more map issues that I wanted to fix after putting together raw video for a release movie. So, the last minute list of work includes these plus other minor tweaks:
    - corrected the damned "Fredericksburg" river issue... I just turned it into a map-edge straight canal like thing
    - removed the river crossing in "Fisher's Hill"; still damned river terrain thing that looks horrible but....

SOON!!!! Seriously.
    Are you going to release 2.0 or what, We are all waiting for you to release it !!!
    Last edited by Frunk; Yesterday at 09:04 PM. Reason: Quote fixed.

ztrain909's Avatar Biarchus

- Creating some footage for the Release Video...because everyone MUST do one or the millennials will revolt....
    I freakin love this!

I think what you should do for some sh#ts and giggles is tell everyone a crazy insane story of how your computer crashed, you lost all files, etc, etc.

Tell them it will probably be another year before release. Then just sit on the mod for a month for no reason.

Cmon Slyk, that will be so much fun! Please, please!

Ztrain, I was just thinking about you earlier today. Love the idea because I just came in to post the following...

"After spending about 35 hours per week for the past 70 weeks or so, I've decided to bag the whole thing. I just can't bear being lectured about having only 7 buttons on a jacket and not 8, or how a kepi should be worn 2 degrees titled to the right... some 12 year old #expert# that knows better than I do.".

Or something to that effect. Fact is, this is a huge project. 1,000s of hours, I'm doing it all alone. I've been modding longer than most have been alive or been playing PC games. Odds are most have played my stuff in other games and never knew it. Hell, they're playing my intellectual property now in Battlefield and CoD games. I'm a perfectionist with my own stuff. I'll see or know something no one else would notice. I want to fix small stuff. But I'm tired if this process and ready to release it. But I will correct the little stuff I know about.

No one wants this released more than I do. Trust that.

Hugs and kisses to the snowflakes.

Today's the day!

Slyk, thank you so much for the efford you put in this project, the entire ntw community ows you!

Quote Originally Posted by koen535 View Post

SOON!!!! Seriously.

Are you going to release 2.0 or what, We are all waiting for you to release it !!!
    WOW really Koen,you do realize modding is never set in stone, I work on construction sites all the time and they have deadlines to finish but always gets delayed. You can't control things that come up or random unseen things, just like real life all we can do is predict when it's coming out or when it will be complete. Everyone just needs to have a little patience and it gets done when it gets done, complaining is certainly not going to help and induce stress on people who are putting all their personal free hrs into a project to make all of us happy in the end.

Hugs and kisses to the snowflakes- Bahahahahahaha..........I like that one too funny.

P.S.- Ztrain your hilarious man, god love you
    Last edited by Frunk; Yesterday at 09:05 PM. Reason: Quote fixed.
    HOST OF THE NAPOLEON TOTAL WAR NORTH & SOUTH MOD 2.0 DISCORD SERVER
    https://discord.gg/kfCKSBu
    "TUNNELSSSS....ARE USELESS, so why bother anyway!" - Captain Henry Wirz

Thanks Slyk, don’t worry about the people that harshly critisise you, or the people that are pressuring you to release 2.0 before YOU feel that it is ready. I am anxious to, but would rather have a more complete, less buggy, mod than one that was rushed due to impatient people.

Best wishes! ~PhantomX

I'd hate to have Slyk spend so much time on this just to scrap the touch-ups for the sake of an earlier release. Ultimately, Slyk will release it whenever he is satisfied with it, and it will be amazing. Better to delay and release a final product with pride than to release something early and have regrets.

Keep up the great work, Slyk! We are so thankful for your effort and look forward to playing your mod!

ztrain909's Avatar Biarchus

Hugs and kisses to the snowflakes.
    Slyk, after your last rant Im going to my safe space. Your hurtful words cant reach me.

The only problem is my wife keeps finding me in my safe space.

I tell her you cant bother me in my safe space. Of which she replies I dont give a [email protected] about your safe space now go shovel the damn snow!

Yes maam.

HAHAHAHA

Now see here... I just ran one of the new scenarios for raw footage "Conewago Creek -West" (which will be a new cult favorite with the partner "Conewago Creek - East") and found THREE uniform bugs... THREE. See why rushing is wrong??? :p

I really want to get this out and I truly appreciate the patience and support. It's a process and the less bugs now, the less I have to hear and fix later. There WILL be bugs, no doubt in my mind. There are some now that I know I can't fix in the short-term so we'll live with them.

I know the majority of you will love it and appreciate is and that's why I have a long wish list for the update at 2.1

Now, let me finish this thing!!!! LOL

As I always like to say 'you can't rush art'
    HOST OF THE NAPOLEON TOTAL WAR NORTH & SOUTH MOD 2.0 DISCORD SERVER
    https://discord.gg/kfCKSBu
    "TUNNELSSSS....ARE USELESS, so why bother anyway!" - Captain Henry Wirz

Hey Slyk. Do you know to edit the startpos on Empire Total War? I was going to say, long after this project is done and you had a break, maybe you could fix the ACW 3.6.2? So much detail and sweat and tears went into that mod, but the campaign can't go past the 20th turn because the startpos editor left long before they added the hundreds of units and mechanics, so it kind of fell behind. It's shame at what state it is right now. Thank you, and hopefully it doesn't look like I'm expecting you to work on ACW 3.6.2 after the sweat and tears that has went into the mod you are working on right now. Just an idea from my head seeing how obviously talented you are.

Take your time and release when you are good and ready, Slyk! However long that takes

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12