Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The new dlc makes a mockery of any balanced competitive game!

Default Re: The new dlc makes a mockery of any balanced competitive game!

I haven't played multiplayer for this very reason. There doesn't seem to be enough separation between the single and multiplayer aspects of the game, nor enough mechanisms for restricting what types of armies can be fielded in multiplayer. So I've stayed away.

1) Having a nervous breakdown cause of a game, is a bad thing.
    2) Only a small percentage of the Total War gamers play this game 'competive online'.
    This is game is more a SP game, has always been and will always be more concentrated of bringing in new excited units/campaigns.

'even out' the MP scene is not something that will have many resources to spend by CA.

I mean look at it?
    It just one sheet of players and players are ranked according to their win-losses.
    That's it.
    Shogun 2 MP was a bit more dedicated, but they stopped it in Rome 2.

Also:
    Look at the warfare. It is only since the time of Napoleon that the armies were more standerdized in the world.
    Back in the days, it was the county/nation with the biggest/best weapons who would win. And the bigger they got, the more they won.

Quote Originally Posted by EternalSilence View Post

I mean look at it?
    It just one sheet of players and players are ranked according to their win-losses.
    That's it.
    Shogun 2 MP was a bit more dedicated, but they stopped it in Rome 2.
    I would like to know why they stoped it.

I guess it was because the afford of creating a MP was to high/expensive considering the amount of people playing MP
    and that removing the Shogun 2 MP would save money and time and wouldn't have a negative effect on sales of the following TW Games.

Foederatus

I don't want to be a jerk or anything - but... I've NEVER heard of a Total War game that had much of a 'competitive' scene. Never heard of any Korean teams kicking ass in it. Never heard of people trying to buy/sell time on it or name soft drinks after it. It's a single player game that you can ALSO play with your friends. That was one of the things that made Shogun (the first total war) so unique. It was a single player game you could play with people - but it never was, never has been and never will be the focus of the series.

That being said... did you consider the fact that a Regiment of Renown (of which you can only get one unit) is SUPPOSED to be godly? It's SUPPOSED to be worth all the upkeep and cost. The Krimson Killerz are Infantry killers - surprise... they killed your infantry. That's what they're SUPPOSED to do. A better test would be sending a team of Krimson Killerz up against a squad of units that IT is weak to - ya know... something cavalry-based? Which brings me to your second example which makes even LESS sense: you set ONE squad of Demigryph Knights up against the Broken Tusks Mob. They're BOTH Shock Calvary. What chance does REGULAR shock cavalry have against ELITE Shock Cavalry?! I mean you didn't even give the Demigryph's backup! Of COURSE they lost!

This sounds more like bad planning on your part than it does a lack of balance - anti-infantry is going to crush infantry. Obviously. Elite Shock Calv is GOING to trash regular Shock Calv. Obviously. The Regiments of Renown CAN be countered - CAN be beaten - but they need to be taken down by a unit they're weak to or a unit they're equal with that has higher numbers. Finally, and most importantly, in multiplayer battles you can only field ONE of any given unit of Regiments of Renown. So you're not really at that big a risk of being wiped out by these units.

Påsan's Avatar Hva i helvete?
    Citizen

Krimson Killaz almost never make their worth in multiplayer anyway. They usually get nuked or mobbed and anhilated. Never had a problem with them at all. They are better black orks, but black orks are already pretty damn good. its the same as the demi RoR. Yeah they are super good. but the regular unit was already super good so what is the point putting even more money into it? The most cost-effctive RoR infantry is still the sternsmen by a mile.

multiplayer is fun, and fairly balanced (Way more balanced than Attila ever was, there's no "I win you" build any more) But there's really only for fun. there's no competative edge to it.

Maybe if they added free for all, avatar conquest or something else. but there's very little in it for CA as opposed to adding more content for single player
    Last edited by Påsan; November 13, 2016 at 09:59 AM.

Flinn's Avatar His Dudeness of TWC
    Patrician Citizen Consul Content Emeritus spy of the council

Blog Entries

Gents, I had to edit a new off topic comment and this's my second warning in this thread; it's the post, not the poster that you have to comment about, therefore if all you can do is to attack the original poster, then don't post at all, thanks.
    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader

The game isn't balanced specifically around multiplayer and very few people play exclusively online compared to those that play single player. Calling it a "potentially competitive game" means that you think the entire game should be balanced around multiplayer and I disagree entirely. I think CA does a decent job of balancing the multiplayer aspect of the game with unit costs and they adjust those values accordingly as time goes on.

As for why you've got Krimzon Killaz wrecking so many units... Yeah? They're supposed to chew right through anything armored and just charging a bunch of greatswords into them isn't going to do much since they're specifically made to murder such units. You have to use your units and abilities tactically to gain an edge. For example, a unit or 2 of handgunners in a good spot laying into those orcs would massacre them entirely, because that's what they're designed to do. Having fodder units out front would also be a viable option. I think what you're doing here is having a panic attack because you didn't stop to think about how the game plays out and instead focused all of your attention on the numbers.

Also, Demigryphs with halberds? They're anti-large, not anti infantry (the ones with lances are anti infantry) and you're supposed to cycle them back and forth with a "hammer and anvil" maneuver. They're shock cavalry, so they have relatively low melee defense.

Påsan's Avatar Hva i helvete?
    Citizen

Its funny beacuse in multi Dwarves are usually seen as one of the weaker races, but in campaign battles Dwarves are for me at least the hardest faction to beat. So how do you find a compromise in that?

Quote Originally Posted by Påsan View Post
    Its funny beacuse in multi Dwarves are usually seen as one of the weaker races, but in campaign battles Dwarves are for me at least the hardest faction to beat. So how do you find a compromise in that?
    Actually, with the new buff stacking with Runelords and Runesmiths Dwarves are a pretty damn hard nut to crack, IIRC.

This is the same thing that happened with Shogun 2 all over again, the total war game with the most potential to become a trully competitive game.. sadly its multiplayer got ruined by lack of support and balance, and the implementation of paid DLC segregating the comunity and making it sightly pay to win.

Its a shame CA and SEGA haven't got the idea yet that paid DLC units should not have a place in competitive multiplayer.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Multiplayer balancing should not affect Single-Player campaigns, I personally don't care about Multiplayer balancing i don't and never will play multiplayer, mainly because it deprives me of my mods, something that I find unacceptable, as for balance, the balances should be exclusive to multiplayer and not effect singleplayer campaigns it is annoying to have an absurd and unrealistic thing as Regen cap, also said cap should not effect healing spells, in no other game in which magic was involved did healing spells count as regeneration they are two completely differant things entirely
    Supreme Commander of the Galactic Federation, Emperor of the Virtupets Empire, Star King
    Certified Genius
    M L I G: Mandy Luxe is the Greatest
    Erasiel Darkar is OP! Never will be nerfed! He is Winx

Quote Originally Posted by dako93 View Post
    This is the same thing that happened with Shogun 2 all over again, the total war game with the most potential to become a trully competitive game.. sadly its multiplayer got ruined by lack of support and balance, and the implementation of paid DLC segregating the comunity and making it sightly pay to win.

Its a shame CA and SEGA haven't got the idea yet that paid DLC units should not have a place in competitive multiplayer.
    If that were the case we would only have the starting four factions for both games, that would make Multiplayer absurdly boring, not that I care about Multiplayer anyway I just want its balancing fixes to stay the hell out of singleplayer campaigns which are the reason I play the game
    Supreme Commander of the Galactic Federation, Emperor of the Virtupets Empire, Star King
    Certified Genius
    M L I G: Mandy Luxe is the Greatest
    Erasiel Darkar is OP! Never will be nerfed! He is Winx

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12